Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to change from orange to a Pacers-color, need suggestions. (Want feedba

Default I'd like to change from orange to a Pacers-color, need suggestions. (Want feedba

I've tried yellow/gold, and it's either too dull (if it's mostly gold) or too bright (if it's more of a yellow).

I'm thinking blue. By default these boards have blue, but a certain someone who shall remain nameless until this sentence approaches an end-- UB complained of eye strain, so I happily obliged.

I'd like to try to find a blue that:

1) Looks good

2) Feels Pacers-y

3) Doesn't hurt the eyes.

sweabs

Default Re: I'd like to change from orange to a Pacers-color, need suggestions. (Want fe

You are talking about the font colour right?
    Can you change bkgd colour as well?

Default Re: I'd like to change from orange to a Pacers-color, need suggestions. (Want fe

You are talking about the font colour right?
    Can you change bkgd colour as well?
    Yeah I can pretty much change anything, but for now I'm only going to deal with the font color, which is currently what I'd call "carrot orange".

I think I'm gonna play with a couple blues just to see what they look like for a few seconds, but I still want people to suggest types of blues here to see if anything could work.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A real dark blue would work for me...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Ohh, how about this?

sweabs

I like it!

Mood

Ohh, how about this?
    Perfect!

Mood

Ohh, how about this?
    Hurts my eyes. But maybe I've been staring at the screen too long anyway.
    ed:

Ohh, how about this?
    Hurts my eyes. But maybe I've been staring at the screen too long anyway.
    Is it hurting anyone else's eyes?

It's not mine, but I'm a little hung on the fact that this place looks about as cheery as a graveyard now.

sweabs

Yeah I like this - and the yellow goes nicely too. Now just change the bkgd...haha.

Yeah I like this - and the yellow goes nicely too. Now just change the bkgd...haha.
    Which background are you referring to? There's the one that's storm cloud gray, there's the white of most of the board, then there's the grays/blues of the posts.

sweabs

Keeep it!!!!!!!

I'll leave it for a while to get some feedback.

sweabs

Which background are you referring to? There's the one that's storm cloud gray, there's the white of most of the board, then there's the grays/blues of the posts.
    Actually I'd leave the bkgd the way it is - I'm not picky - and now I think it all looks real good. Goes nicely with the logo you made too!

Mood

Actually I'd leave the bkgd the way it is - I'm not picky - and now I think it all looks real good. Goes nicely with the logo you made too!
    It DOES make the new logo fit in better. And it doesn't bother me anymore I think.
    I knew you'd come around...

Taking a break for a few minutes and coming back, it looks better to me now.

Now let's hear from some new people!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Me likey!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

ANyone notice the Signatures are getting LARGER AND LARGER ?

ANyways , It's alright I guess on the colors

Well, ah, ee, oh,

Color is Ok, I hate to complain, but I liked the orange better. One thing I will say the Blue does not look any more like Pacer colors than the orange did, at least not on my home computer.

Buck, if Blue doesn't look like Pacers color to you, what would?

I like it a lot as well. Of course I'm a blue kind of guy so maybe it's just me. The only thing I would suggest would be to make the yellow text a little brighter, it's a little dull right now and could stand out against the blue more.

Now all you have to do is change the "New topic" and "Post reply" buttons and we'll be set.

IndyToad
    If it's so great, eat it your damn self

sweabs

Yes signatures are getting bigger - CUZ ITS PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!

I need room for my hitlist - every team we beat is getting mocked in some way.

indytoad, I brightened the yellow a bit.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kind of off topic but have you ever considered quick reply Hicks? It's my favorite feature on these forums and it helps not having to open a new window.

indytoad, I brightened the yellow a bit.

Looks great.

IndyToad
    The puppet trucker