Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Stephen Jackson Thread

Default The Official Stephen Jackson Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Instead of a forum, maybe a thread?

Yeah,

Maybe we could just start an official Stephen Jackson thread?
    you know what i think we should... I cant pass up this opportunity

Yay time to hate on him in an organized fashion

Default Re: The Official Stephen Jackson Thread

I think Stephen gets enough hate, I'm just gonna leave the guy alone.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jalen Rose re-incarnated
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Stephen Jesse Jackson.

What a name

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    Jalen Rose re-incarnated
    Hardly.

Second line.

Hot head or not, he was one of few players who was there on a night to night basis and I'm glad for that. When nothing else was a given, he was still there.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He was still there, *****ing at the refs, taking bad shots, turning the ball over.

I'd rather be shorthanded.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

By the All Star break I was so sick of Jackson & the over all performance of the team that I lost a lot of interest in how the team was doing. It got to a point where I didn't care. Jackson's play & the way the coaches handled it was sickening.

How am I suppose to look forward to another season if he remains on the roster, let alone our starting shooting guard?

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only thing that I hate about Stephen is that he is a ball-hog. I hate players that complain about playing time and the number of shots after wins. Why do they care who scores as long as it is someone on the team? I guess I have just been watching too much hockey over the past few weeks, a sport where a goal is a goal, no matter who scores it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    By the All Star break I was so sick of Jackson & the over all performance of the team that I lost a lot of interest in how the team was doing. It got to a point where I didn't care. Jackson's play & the way the coaches handled it was sickening.

How am I suppose to look forward to another season if he remains on the roster, let alone our starting shooting guard?
    I don't think you are alone in those thoughts.

I can agree with what Andy said about Sjax being one of the few players who showed up most every night... but unfortunately I'm not sure that is so much a compliment to Sjax as it is a sad indication of the nature and makeup of this team.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    He was still there, *****ing at the refs, taking bad shots, turning the ball over.

I'd rather be shorthanded.
    My sentiments exactly.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Yeah he's fearless, tough and showed up every night... he just doesn't bring anything else to the table that makes those a plus.

I liked the initial trade that brought him here... but thats because he was gonna be a sixth man,,, a role he can be very good at. He's not a centerpiece player like he thinks,,,, and his ****ty attitude is contagious.... ship him OUT before he contaminates the well... if its not too late.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

How many different ways can we beat this horse named Stephen....?

On a serious note, I do see value in Jackson, but we do not have the situation on coaching staff to use the assets he has to offer. Personally, I don't care for Stephen for issues I dare not want to discuss on this board, but as much as I don't care for him....I do see his value that he could provide. I nearly agree Jay totally, but I want to point the finger of blame more at mngmt and the coaching staff for letting him get out of control to the point where his actions are acceptable. I know that he should have enough of a head on his shoulders to figure this out, but why couldn't anyone help him out, or tell him that his actions will not be tolorated by the coaching staff, mngmt, or most importantly....the fans! When Jax was complaining about getting boo'ed, why didn't TPTB explain to him why he was getting boo'd, instead of "circling the wagons" by having Carlisle explain how he is unhappy with the fan's treatment of Stephen, or troting out some "feel good feature" in the local paper.

My point is...If Carlisle was not so damn afraid of what happened in Detroit...he might be able to step in and do an important part of his damn job, keeping players in line! Carlisle might be the best X's and O's coach in the league, but his inablity at managing personalities I feel have cost us a player or two.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

My biggest problem with S-JAX is how he said that if he was defending VC that the shot would have never happened... you dont smack talk about teammates infront of cameras... especially not Granger because i would much rather have Granger start instead of 4 of our 5 starters (the exception being JO)... but i really think S-JAX isnt a fit for our team... get rid of him and get a 6th man not a guy who wants to start

Jack is a good player. He is really a completely different player with Peja and JO. They can't double him and he punishes whoever tries to guard him. That being said, Jack has unfortunately become a scapegoat. He has to go for this reason. If the Pacers plan on changing the culture or whatever and getting back fans. And it pains me to say this because I think he can be very effective as that third option as well as the fact that he is a great defender and always shows up.

^^ Ditto

And for that reason I will continue to say that he's one player I don't want to see gone.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome
    -snip- I nearly agree Jay totally, but I want to point the finger of blame more at mngmt and the coaching staff for letting him get out of control to the point where his actions are acceptable. I know that he should have enough of a head on his shoulders to figure this out, but why couldn't anyone help him out, or tell him that his actions will not be tolerated by the coaching staff, mngmt, or most importantly....the fans! When Jax was complaining about getting booed, why didn't TPTB explain to him why he was getting boo'd, instead of "circling the wagons" by having Carlisle explain how he is unhappy with the fan's treatment of Stephen, or troting out some "feel good feature" in the local paper.
    I agree with what you're saying, this is a valid criticism of Rick and management. I think it applies to other players more though.

Think back to the debates when we were trading Al for SJax. Some of us (at least me, and there were others) were leery of a guy that shoots as badly as he does and turns the ball over as often as he does. I don't know how badly he carried on with the officials before he got to the Pacers, but I don't think that he's doing anything different there, either.

Clearly, Pop kept him on a tighter leash because he had the luxury of Ginoboli waiting in the wings - if Stephen was shooting badly, or being a ballhog, or turning the ball over in rapid-fire succession, Pop could easily sit him and play Ginoboli. Once every seven games or so, SJax would pull his cranium from his anus and play decent ball, and then Pop could leave him in the game.

My point is, SJax has proven to be the player some of us thought he already was before he joined the Pacers. That was not a good trade. He must go away, as soon as possible.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I wonder what the discussion would be if we didn't include Steven's extra "giftings" with officials and locker room. If we judged him based soley on his game would he be the 2 we want?

I think he is a more of a jack of all trades who defends and creates his shots well but nothing great. On the other hand he has poor shot selection and high turnovers. I just don't see this as a roster which benefits from his game versus the weaknesses in it.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Can we have a Official Jermaniac Thread? Where I answer questions such as

Jermaniac what do I need to do to step my life up to your level?

Jermaniac, what do I need to do to step my ego up to your level?

I really dont know, I was just born with it. I dont know maybe you can buy it at WalMart or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian

If we judged him based soley on his game would he be the 2 we want?

No. He does not have a concept of team except when he has to go into the stands. He is a blackhole of blackholes, very bad passer. He jacks up shots when he feels like it, does not play within the system, has no discipline, his level of concentration is very low.

He would be good if he was backup who was always playing for a contract. Now he is armed with a contract and he has this entitlement thing going for him.

All in all, he is a chemistry issue who I would be very happy to get rid of.

PS - You do not have to be a Pacers fan to dislike S Jackson's game. If you are a fan of the game, you will be easily turned off by his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Can we have a Official Jermaniac Thread? Where I answer questions such as

Jermaniac what do I need to do to step my life up to your level?
    Jermaniac what do i need to do to step your brain into a normal level?

Jermaniac what do i need to do to be such a cool "white guy rapping gangsta wanksta playah" like you?

Jermaniac, how can I be dat dude?

Quote Originally Posted by PejaIsTheMan
    Jermaniac what do i need to do to step your brain into a normal level?

Jermaniac what do i need to do to be such a cool "white guy rapping gangsta wanksta playah" like you?
    My brain is right where it needs to be, the boy is getting out of high school and going to college. You on the other hand have a pig tied to a rope and are going to your carnival booth tonight. STEP YOUR LIFE UP.

Ohh and you are very mad right now I can feel it, you have 7 posts and you are acting a little fiesty. I must have hurt your feelings in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Jermaniac, how can I be dat dude?
    You cant.