View Poll Results: If the Pacers trade into the top 10, who do you want?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Morrison

9 18.37%
  • Tyrus Thomas

1 2.04%
  • Rudy Gay

6 12.24%
  • Andrea Bargnani

2 4.08%
  • LaMarcus Aldrige

3 6.12%
  • Brandon Roy

26 53.06%
  • Randy Foye

1 2.04%
  • Rodney Carney

1 2.04%
  • Marcus Williams

0 0%

Thread: If the Pacers trade up into the top 10, who do you want?

Default If the Pacers trade up into the top 10, who do you want?

We all know of the rumors of us trading up and getting a top 10 pick. Either the Raptors, Bulls, Wolves, etc. There are a lot of rumors going around. I think that pretty much all of us would love to move into the top 10, my question is if we do that, who do you want?

There are a lot of guys I like. I like Morrison some, I love his intangiables the most. I also like Foye, because I think he is the most ready to play and I think he could end up being the best all around player from this class. Brandon Roy would also be a nice pick. Marcus Williams is a good PG, I don't really think much of him, but he would make a good pick. There are so many players I like for the Pacers in this draft.

If I had to pick, right now, i'm gonna go with Foye. I think he could end up being like Billups/Arenas. I think he could be that good. He is the most versatile/skilled/polished player among the top guys in the draft, IMO.

I don't really think you can go wrong with many of the guys in this draft, at least at the top. Sure there are no Lebron James or Greg Odens, but there are some real quality players here in this draft. If GMs are willing to trade their pick because they don't see a Lebron James or Greg Oden, I say we take advantage of it because we can get a player in this draft, IMO.

Default Re: If the Pacers trade up into the top 10, who do you want?

Brandon Roy . perhaps the safest pick.

Why Not Us ?

For our needs, I'd rank the top of this draft as:

- Roy
    - Morrison
    - Brewer
    - Foye
    - Redick

As for your question, to answer really depends on two things:

1) where in the top 10 would be picking? there's a big difference in picking 1 or 2 versus picking 9 or 10.

2) what players/picks would we be giving up to acquire that top 10 pick? what we give up might dictate who we use the pick on (e.g., trading JO and not getting a PF in return would necessitate drafting someone like Aldridge instead of Roy).
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For our needs, I'd rank the top of this draft as:

- Roy
    - Morrison
    - Brewer
    - Foye
    - Redick

As for your question, to answer really depends on two things:

1) where in the top 10 would be picking? there's a big difference in picking 1 or 2 versus picking 9 or 10.

2) what players/picks would we be giving up to acquire that top 10 pick? what we give up might dictate who we use the pick on (e.g., trading JO and not getting a PF in return would necessitate drafting someone like Aldridge instead of Roy).
    Note, I forgot to put Brewer in the poll, my bad.

Anyways I have no idea where we would pick, or who we would give up. I didn't want to get into those details. This is just about what top 10 prospect you would want on the Pacers. I think that since this is a wide open draft, it doesn't matter to much where the Pacers would pick. Just who you would want the most.

Write in vote for Brewer.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brandon Roy. For me, it's an easy choice.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Do you think Roy is athletic enough for such a high pick? I just can't figure what kind of player people are expecting him to be. Just a role player right?

I would like that we trade into the lower top ten and take Brewer. Probably the best value for what we'd have to give up.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

McThugg

I guess I am in the minority here but I just think that Rodney Carney is going to be Vince Carter minus the superiority (sp) complex. And seeing as he measured out at aroun 6'4 or 6'5 I don't feel bad at all puting him a SG.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Do you think Roy is athletic enough for such a high pick? I just can't figure what kind of player people are expecting him to be. Just a role player right?

I would like that we trade into the lower top ten and take Brewer. Probably the best value for what we'd have to give up.
    Roy had one of the highest verts in this year's class. In fact I believe it was higher than Wade's was when he was tested so that is plenty athletic for me. So if we move into the top 5 I want Roy. 6-10, it would be Brewer or Foye.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brandon Roy for me.

Banned

Brandon Roy is the mostly likely player in the draft to turn into a player like Wade. I'm not saying he WILL, but I think there is a CHANCE, and that is good enough reason to draft him.

I'd go with Rodney Carney but he just happens to play the same position as Danny. So I'll go with Brandon Roy.

Get Roy.

Roy for R.O.Y.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

OK guys, help me out here.

Which player currently in the NBA do you think Brandon Roy will most be like?

This guy just confuses me for some reason. Most every other draftee, I've got a feel for their play or what is expected of them. Roy kinda mystifies me.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Soup, here's the NBADraft profile:
    NBA Comparison: Jalen Rose

Strengths: Roy is a no nonsense 2-guard with excellent all around skills ... Very cerebral player, makes excellent decisions. Understands the game ... Very polished, great experience with four years at Washington under his belt ... An excellent shooter who steps up in big situations. Hit a number of huge shots at the end of games this year ... Has worked hard on his outside shot which has improved each year ... Great competitor ... Excellent ball handler with the ability to create shots for himself and others ... His midrange game is relatively impressive and his range has really improved this year ... Really stepped up in his senior year assuming a leadership role and taking over as the go to player for the Huskies ... Has spent time at the point guard position this year, and played admirably ... Not afraid to take the ball inside. Utilizes the spin move in the paint well ... Good free throw shooter at 81% ... Has great composure and confidence. Never gets rattled ... Good one on one skills with the ability to shoot off the dribble and get by his man to the basket ...

Weaknesses: Does everything very well but nothing out of this world ... On the small side. Lacks tremendous size and length at just 6-5 and average wing span ... A good athlete, but nothing extraordinary. Not a great leaper or thunderous dunker ... Lacks great body strength. His body is solid but not overpowering ... Foot speed and quickness is strong but wont stand out on the next level ... Defensively he is just average giving solid effort, but lacks the foot speed to be a lock down defender ...
    http://nbadraft.net/profiles/brandonroy.asp
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA Comparison: Jalen Rose
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Mood

I really like Bargnani, I think he can be something special... but the only way and reason we should get him is IF we do trade JO.

So, I ended up voting for Roy b/c as the team stands now he's what would fill our needs best... and along with his future potential and him being the most NBA ready player in the draft.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Yeah, I saw that too. But then it went on to talk about his maturity and great decision-making. I'd love to have Jalen with those two qualities.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I really don't get the Rose comparison at all. I think worst case scenario Brandon Roy ends up being a slightly better Jamal Crawford. Best case scenario he ends up like Wade.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy

hands down
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Steve McQueen

Top of the Lottery (1-4): LaMarcus Aldridge
    Middle of the Lottery (5-8): Brandon Roy
    Bottom of the Lottery (9-14): Ronnie Brewer