Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roethlisberger involved in Motorcycle Accident

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Roethlisberger involved in Motorcycle Accident

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ben only had the standard "risky activities" clause. The Steelers, and Roethlisberger were well-aware of the risks and there was a lot of controversy about this last summer, too. It would be very-un-Rooney-like for the Steelers to go after Ben in this case.

Its a shame this happened. But this day was probably inevitable and Ben and the Steelers are both very fortunate that the injuries were not life threatening/ career threatening.

Will either side learn its lesson from this? Only time will tell.

There is plenty of blame to go around - for stupidy. Ben for refusing to wear the helmet for a very stupid reason ("Its not illegal"), and the Steelers for not amending Ben's contract to address this risk. But let's face reality, the Steelers were not going to ask Ben to not ride a motorcycle. They might have insisted he wear a helmet but motorcycle riding is very risky activity with or without a helmet.

And as Stryder said, there probably don't need to be laws to prohibit stupidity.
    I meant to add that to my other post, but yes, from what I have heard the owners of the Steelers will not be going after him.

But my point was they could, and still can.

I agree with your other points, though. It kills me to see any players who will wear a helmet on the football field, but wont wear one of a bike because its not the law.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

geeze, now its coming out that Big Ben never actually carried a motorcycle license.

Supposedly, he had a learners permit but it expired last year on his birthday.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    geeze, now its coming out that Big Ben never actually carried a motorcycle license.

That wouldn't have stopped him from going through the windshield. On the other hand a helmet with a visor might have saved him from 7 hours of reconstructive surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    That wouldn't have stopped him from going through the windshield. On the other hand a helmet with a visor might have saved him from 7 hours of reconstructive surgery.

Where did I say that it would have?...

Regardless of that, not only was was his an expired permit but even if it was renewed(which many ppl do, just renew their permit and never get a liscense) you are required to wear a helmet.

Supposedly the folk lore (not sure if its true or not, I have wanted to get a bike for a while but never got around to it) is that it is not a matter of "if" you will meet the pavement, but just a matter of "how long" until you do so.
    There are two kinds of motorcycle riders... Those that have had their bike down... And those that will one day have their bike down.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Well, maybe if the Colts would do the NFL a favor and WIN the game the next time the NFL tries to rig one for them, maybe you wont be forced to watch the steelers win another superbowl

The NFL did the best to gift-wrap the Colts a playoff win over pittsburgh. Don't blame the steelers because they actually accepted their gift in the superbowl....
    LoL. True but, pass interference and defensive pass interference on ALL major yard gaining plays sure would of helped.

Question Re: Roethlisberger involved in Motorcycle Accident

If you work for the U.S. govt, you give up all of your rights and all privacy for the privilege to work for the govt.

I'm not going to going to get into this, but talk to anyone who has or has a security clearance. They offer a lot of great oppurtunities, but also you give up any freedoms you used to have.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ben's comments from a year ago are typical from someone who partakes in risky activity. They always try to excuse the fact that they are being dangerous and careless by bringing up highly improbable occurances of death. Sorry, I feel alot safter walking down the street than I would on a motorcycle without wearing helmet.

I don't understand why some people can't just admit what they're doing is highly dangerous. Riding a bike is fine, just admit that it's a hell of alot more dangerous than about anything else you can do.

But hey, you can get struck by lightening too, right? You can get bit by a poisonous snake and die. You could fall down stairs and snap your neck. I guess riding a motorcycle without a helmet seems alot less scary when you think of a bizarre, highly improbable ways to die.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not going to going to get into this, but talk to anyone who has or has a security clearance. They offer a lot of great oppurtunities, but also you give up any freedoms you used to have.
    That is so untrue.

No, its actually the truth.

Does that mean he may be facing jail time?

What is the penalty for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade

What is the penalty for that?
    Forfeiting any games against teams that use a horseshoe as their symbol.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden