Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Box

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Suggestion Box

Alright

This one's simple and the one I'd probably use:

Or if you want to go Lolcats:

I know you guys don't make money off this site, at least I think you don't. There aren't any ads or anything. But I got an idea on how you guys can cover the costs for keeping it up.

How about you guys open a PD store with some PD swag for sale?

I know you probably can't use the word "Pacers" on merchandise, but maybe you could make t shirts or zip up hoodies with the PD logo, the one that just says "PD". I would totally buy one if you sell XXL sizes.

Can we revisit the Pacers/NBA board separation idea? It just makes a lot of sense to me. It would be interesting to see the results of a board-wide or mod-wide vote.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you guys don't make money off this site, at least I think you don't. There aren't any ads or anything. But I got an idea on how you guys can cover the costs for keeping it up.

How about you guys open a PD store with some PD swag for sale?

I know you probably can't use the word "Pacers" on merchandise, but maybe you could make t shirts or zip up hoodies with the PD logo, the one that just says "PD". I would totally buy one if you sell XXL sizes.
    If you really want some PD swag, you can make a print of the logo

and take it to a shop (Not sure in Indy but Terre haute has a place called McMillans) and they will put anything on a shirt for you. My bro and I have to do this because we wear big and tall sizes and you can't find logo'ed wear for any teams in our size without paying double.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    If you really want some PD swag, you can make a print of the logo

and take it to a shop (Not sure in Indy but Terre haute has a place called McMillans) and they will put anything on a shirt for you. My bro and I have to do this because we wear big and tall sizes and you can't find logo'ed wear for any teams in our size without paying double.

Yeah totally, but why not have a PD store too?

This may not be possible but it would be nice to have a mobile view for the Digest. I am not sure if there is an app already out there but it would help to view the content when your on the go.

We work with Tapatalk.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: good!

I really hope we regain the iSpy function. The site won't be nearly as kester-friendly without it.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Mood

I like the new PD myself. Once I get used to it I think it will be much better. My hats off to you guys who make this happen. I know you guys get a lot of flack when something does not go right and a lot of people don't understand the time and effort you guys put into this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    I really hope we regain the iSpy function. The site won't be nearly as kester-friendly without it.
    I'll see if there's a version of that compatible with the newer software.

It appears the creator of iSpy never made a version compatible with version 4 of the forum software.

There was a mod that sounded similar and was designed for v4, however, and I'm testing it right now.

*edit*

It appears to work, though unlike iSpy it doesn't pre-load the most recent posts; it stays blank until a brand new post is made sometime AFTER you opened the spy page:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/spy.php

I'll add a link to that URL somewhere up at the top so you won't have to bookmark or type in that URL every time.

*edit 2* Actually, the mod automatically did put up a link, just not where I expected it to. At the top, click on Community, and you'll see the last entry from the drop-down menu is 'Spy'.

Mood

Very nice. Thanks, Hicks. It even notified when a new user registered...and it did load about twenty recent messages. Doesn't tag them with a time so I don't know how recent...then it picked up with the new ones as they occurred.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

There is a Colts forum called Colts Thunder, at this link http://w11.zetaboards.com/coltsthunder/index/, I consider it the equivalent to Pacers Digest for the Colts. I was thinking it would be a good idea to maybe try and integrate these two sites together. Whether it just be a simple link between the two, or an actual integration. With the change in ownership I think this is as good of time as any to do this.

they are welcome at the colts board we have here, not thinking of linking to sites that advertise or are run on that crappy software, sorry.

also while i can not judge the content, that can be the only comparison i think

5 users online in the past 15 minutes (0 Members ∑ 5 Guests ∑ 0 Anonymous)
    Board Statistics
    Total Forum Posts: 5,193
    Total Members: 171 (The newest member is kray007)
    Jul 6 2012, 12:04 PM, a record 84 users were online.
    ##

Currently Active Users

There are currently 113 users online. 39 members and 74 guests
    Most users ever online was 1,892, 06-01-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Pacers Digest Statistics

Threads 72,741 Posts 1,480,825 Members 16,329 Active Members 691 Welcome to our newest member, Mikleslement
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Regarding old threads getting bumped, would the admins consider auto-locking all threads after a certain time? I don't know what would be a reasonable time period, maybe a year?

It seems to me that a "bump" could just as easily be accomplished by posting a new thread linking to the old one. And if someone's ego really demands that their old posts be seen in the new thread, they can always copy it over manually. Or maybe there's some sort of "copy post to new thread" functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    they are welcome at the colts board we have here, not thinking of linking to sites that advertise or are run on that crappy software, sorry.

also while i can not judge the content, that can be the only comparison i think

5 users online in the past 15 minutes (0 Members ∑ 5 Guests ∑ 0 Anonymous)
    Board Statistics
    Total Forum Posts: 5,193
    Total Members: 171 (The newest member is kray007)
    Jul 6 2012, 12:04 PM, a record 84 users were online.
    ##

Currently Active Users

There are currently 113 users online. 39 members and 74 guests
    Most users ever online was 1,892, 06-01-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Pacers Digest Statistics

Threads 72,741 Posts 1,480,825 Members 16,329 Active Members 691 Welcome to our newest member, Mikleslement
    It is a newer board so it is relatively small still, but the people are smart and intelligent.

Yeah you got a Colts board, but it is a Pacers site. When people search for Colts forums they aren't going to find Pacers Digest, they are going to find some other board such as Colts Thunder. In my opinion it would be a great opportunity to grow both communities, and create a more interconnected atmosphere between the Colts and Pacers (for fans at least).

As far as the software they us, don't be so stuck up. It isn't like either of these sites created their own forum software.

Mood

Any chance of getting a "dislike" button? Maybe if enough people hit the dislike button on a certain post, it gets auto deleted or hidden. Maybe if the poster collects enough dislikes, he gets a temporary or permanent vacation? One can only hope...

I very briefly added a feature similar to that a few years ago. It was one mod that let you + or - a post, and if the post's total score got too far into the negatives, the post was hidden (where you had to click to read it). It only lasted a day or two because it was anonymous, which was making some posters feel paranoid, and being anonymous also made it easier to be abused.

If there was to be a separate dislike button that put your name next to it whenever you clicked, that'd be a step in the right direction from my previous effort. Personally I could live with that, but from what I recall of my attempt years ago, many people are not comfortable with that so I would be surprised if it has enough support nowadays.

In any case, that's no longer my call.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Just a good function I apparently haven't noticed on realgm.

The notification button is actually kind of useful to see who has responded to your post or thanked (+1) your post. It also redirects you to the correct page. So my question is do we have anything like that and if not can we get something like that which won't make able go crazy.

Mood

I second the motion. iSpy seems to have disappeared again.

Mood

Not really a suggestion but more of a feedback kind of thing. The new ignore feature of ignoring quoted posts from users on your ignore list is awesome. I currently only have one user on my list and they're banned anyway but this feature would have saved everyone a lot of the frustration of dealing with that poster. This feature must have been designed specifically with that situation in mind.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the announcement of the revised forum rules, why not sticky the topic instead of having to bump it to the top every few days?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ld-review-this

Maybe sticky it through the 1st of the year?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

I might. The reason I haven't is that I've learned that many people tend to look right past threads that are stickied, which defeats the point of sticking them up in the first place.

Banned

Hey why don't you guys open a trade suggestions thread and sticky on the main page? I think that way any thread suggestion goes there and not only that but it could probably get more traffic than the current trade proposals side.

Any reason you can't sticky the new rules AND have a 2nd one that is unstickied and bumped occasionally (for a few weeks)?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden