Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

  1. #1
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,994

    Default Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._affiliations/

    NBDL Announces 2006-2007 Team Affiliations
    Press Release - 06/08 - 2:19 PM EST

    The National Basketball Association announced today its affiliation system for the 2006-07 NBA Development League season. Each of the 12 D-League teams will be affiliated with one-to-three NBA teams, and the NBA teams may assign players in their first two seasons to play in the D-League.

    "We're thrilled to announce our 2006-07 affiliation lineup in advance of this year's NBA Draft," D-League President Phil Evans said. "Now fans can tune in and actually see some of the NBA players who could be spending time playing for their D-League team this season."

    2006-07 NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE TEAM AFFILIATIONS

    Albuquerque Thunderbirds
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Indiana Pacers
    Phoenix Suns

    Anaheim
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Orlando Magic

    Arkansas RimRockers
    Atlanta Hawks
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Miami Heat

    Austin Toros
    Boston Celtics
    Houston Rockets
    San Antonio Spurs

    Bakersfield Jam
    Golden State Warriors
    Sacramento Kings

    Colorado 14ers
    Denver Nuggets
    New Jersey Nets
    Toronto Raptors

    Dakota Wizards
    Chicago Bulls
    Washington Wizards

    Idaho Stampede
    Seattle SuperSonics
    Utah Jazz

    Fort Worth Flyers
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Dallas Mavericks
    Philadelphia 76ers

    Los Angeles
    Los Angeles Lakers

    Sioux Falls Skyforce
    Detroit Pistons
    Minnesota Timberwolves

    Tulsa 66ers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
    New York Knicks [READ]

  2. #2
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team



    Any chance we can call up the coach? I don't think Phoenix or Cleveland would mind. Pretty please?

    (For those who don't know, Michael Cooper just lead the T-birds to the title.)
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  3. #3
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    I don't see why the Lakers can't share their team with somebody else, like the Clippers. If they bump up to the planned 15 teams next year, does that mean one team is still gonna be shared by 3 franchises because the Lakers have their own?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  4. #4
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,310

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Interesting....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Age
    56
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Another New Mexico connection with the Pacers. Mel Daniels, Danny Granger and now the Thunderbirds! Strange...

  6. #6
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,673

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why the Lakers can't share their team with somebody else, like the Clippers. If they bump up to the planned 15 teams next year, does that mean one team is still gonna be shared by 3 franchises because the Lakers have their own?
    they should move the Celtics from Austin to LA. That would be classic.

  7. #7
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Washington and Chicago??? share the Dakota Wizards...Dakota being no where near DC or the Chi. lol.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  8. #8
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,310

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by loborick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another New Mexico connection with the Pacers. Mel Daniels, Danny Granger and now the Thunderbirds! Strange...
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  9. #9
    Eternal Optimist VF21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Plumas Forest, CA
    Posts
    604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Hey! This sucks. Last year the KINGS - owned by the Maloofs of New Mexico - were part of the Thunderbirds. That was cool. Thunderbirds evoke neat mental images.

    This year we're with the Bakersfield Jam? From an honored tribal symbol to a jar of fruit preserves?

    ...

    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

  10. #10
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,720

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    This is going to be the home for our draft pick in this draft if Rick Carlisle has anysay. Young people are the devil.

  11. #11
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    What is the exact reason the Lakers get their own NBDL team?

    Seriously.

  12. #12
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,720

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    They bought one I beleive.

  13. #13
    Eternal Optimist VF21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Plumas Forest, CA
    Posts
    604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    It's being reported that Dr. Buss did indeed buy a NBDL franchise and he's going to let the Laker fans name it. I'm thinking mini-Lakers or Lakerettes or Lakers Lite.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere..near Fishers
    Age
    36
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is the exact reason the Lakers get their own NBDL team?

    Seriously.
    They bought it.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,162

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by loborick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another New Mexico connection with the Pacers. Mel Daniels, Danny Granger and now the Thunderbirds! Strange...
    And it really doesn't stop there. NM coaching legend Bob King after retiring from Lobo land came on up to Terre Haute to take the Indiana State AD job. Wound up becoming the basketball coach, hired Mel Daniels as an assistant, and then convinced one Larry Bird to become a Sycamore.

    So in reality Bird has been influenced alot by the New Mexico connection and has stated as such in his appreciation for Bob and Mel's guidance.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Age
    56
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it really doesn't stop there. NM coaching legend Bob King after retiring from Lobo land came on up to Terre Haute to take the Indiana State AD job. Wound up becoming the basketball coach, hired Mel Daniels as an assistant, and then convinced one Larry Bird to become a Sycamore.

    So in reality Bird has been influenced alot by the New Mexico connection and has stated as such in his appreciation for Bob and Mel's guidance.
    I knew there was another link, but I couldn't remember it. Bob King (who the court at the Pit is named for) did recruit Bird to Indiana St. It is only natural that Indiana and New Mexico be connected.

    Another one...Bobby Knight used an offer from the Lobos to coach them in the mid-80s to get a bigger contract from IU. I remember how divided Lobo fans were about Knight coaching here, but IMO he just used us to get a bigger contract from the Hoosiers.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Washington and Chicago??? share the Dakota Wizards...Dakota being no where near DC or the Chi. lol.
    Well, Albuquerque's nowhere close to Indy. So, what's your point?

  18. #18
    Member circlecitysportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    547
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    The distance does not matter, if the Pacers call a guy up he'll be flying anyway. Those flights don't take very long. North Dakota to Chicago is only like 2 hours.

  19. #19
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    I just find it weird. I think it would be better if the NBDL teams were affiliated with closer teams. It would be easier for assistant coaches and scouts, etc. to go see their players. And it would generate revenus because more fans would go to NBDL games knowing the ppl they see could be on their NBA TEAM AT ANY TIME.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  20. #20
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just find it weird. I think it would be better if the NBDL teams were affiliated with closer teams. It would be easier for assistant coaches and scouts, etc. to go see their players. And it would generate revenus because more fans would go to NBDL games knowing the ppl they see could be on their NBA TEAM AT ANY TIME.
    Well, when you only have one team east of the Mississippi, that's kind of tough.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  21. #21
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team



    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  22. #22
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Taylor, those are all west of the Mississippi.

  23. #23
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taylor, those are all west of the Mississippi.
    ROTFLMAO...i read it wrong. Hahahahahahahahaha
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  24. #24
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, when you only have one team east of the Mississippi, that's kind of tough.
    Ur right
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •