Thread: Jay Williams Interested In Joining Raptors..& Doug Christie considering a comeback?

Question Jay Williams Interested In Joining Raptors..& Doug Christie considering a comeback?

Jay Williams Interested In Joining Raptors

1st June, 2006 - 3:16 pm

Raptors.com - Jay Williams worked out for the Raptors on Thursday and in a post-workout interview said that he is ready to play for an NBA team.

Williams is looking to sign on with an NBA team for the 2006-2007 season.

The Toronto Raptors have been showing interest in Williams for quite some time.

"This is the first workout I've done for anybody and we kinda gave it to Bryan," said Williams of his Raptors workout. "I really like the opportunity here and I think it's a great possibility."

Williams will also work out for New Jersey and Los Angeles

Article Link

-----

RealGM Radio:
    Doug Christie Considering An NBA Comeback
    1st June, 2006 - 1:15 pm

RealGM Radio - Yesterday, RealGM Radio interviewed Doug and Jackie Christie, a couple often scrutinized by the media, about jackiechristie.com, the couple's all-purpose website.

The interview touched on Christie's playing days, the couple's relationship, how Mrs. Christie was portrayed by the media and the couple's website.

Christie is a former NBA player who played for several teams over the course of his career, primarily the Toronto Raptors and Sacramento Kings .

At age 36, the defensive-minded Christie is contemplating an NBA comeback and has been working hard to get back into game shape.

"Right now Iím just working out and making sure that I just stay in shape and Iím going to weigh the options as the season approaches and see what happens," Christie told RealGM Radio. "Iím feeling pretty good, a lot better that I did than the last time I was out on the court and Iím just trying to make sure that when I step out on the court that I can play the way that I want to play."

Click [READ] to listen to RealGM Radio's exclusive interview with the Christies.

Article

Why Not Us ?

Leisure Suit Larry

Default Re: Jay Williams Interested In Joining Raptors-Doug Christie considering a comeback?

The Raptors could be good soon. Colangelo knows what he is doing. Bosh, Villanueva, Jay Williams, and the #1 pick isn't a bad start.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jay Williams Interested In Joining Raptors-Doug Christie considering a comeback?

We're going to regret not going after Jay Williams.

Doug Christie contemplating a comeback? What, did his wife already spend all of that money?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Doug Christie contemplating a comeback? What, did his wife already spend all of that money?
    What? And the fashion career not working out? Puh-leeze.

lol... more like did she grant him permission to play basketball and make her money.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    lol... more like did she grant him permission to play basketball and make her money.
    I like how Doug can't go on an interview by himself, and despite his pro basketball career and her relative anonymity, the site is jackiechristie.com

woman without a team

Doug Christie contemplating a comeback?
    It will be a freshing change of pace to have the wife storm the playing floor to defend her man as opposed to the player always going into the stands.

Looks like it might be time to dust off the Dough Christie smilie.