Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: A fun KG trade.

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default A fun KG trade.

    So I was thinking about how I'd fix the team, and I thought about the ever-rumored JO-for-KG swap. Of course, that's not a good deal for the T-Wolves right now, so I wondered what it would take to make it work. They'd need to get rid of some salary... they have some serious long-term committments they'll want to get out from.

    Soo...

    First off, include JO and KG. Easy. Then throw in Croshere (ending contract) and Troy Hudson (their worst contract). Then include Jack and AJ for Marko Jaric and their #6 pick.

    JO/Cro/Jack/AJ for KG/Jaric/Hudson/Pick.

    Yeah, we'd need more moves after that. But we'd have a great pick to play with, plus we'd keep our mid-round pick. We'd clear up about $5 mil in salary, which is significant.

    You think they'd do it? They don't get a bunch of attractive young talent in return, but they do get solid players (possibly 3 starters) and they get rid of their two worst contracts.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #2
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    I really don't like Jaric. Like, really. If you find a way to get Hassell instead of Jaric, I'm in. Hell, I'd prolly be in even if we do have to settle for Jaric.

  3. #3
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    I'm not his biggest fan either, but I saw it as Minny trying to get rid of his contract. Salary-wise, it works if we get Hassell instead, but I'm not sure Minny would do it. I saw this as a stretch.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. #4
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not his biggest fan either, but I saw it as Minny trying to get rid of his contract. Salary-wise, it works if we get Hassell instead, but I'm not sure Minny would do it. I saw this as a stretch.
    Agreed, we'd get the best player and an excellent pick. Taking two bad contracts/players they don't want is worth it.

  5. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Jaric is garbage.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #6
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jaric is garbage.
    Which is why the trade works. There's no way we can get KG without giving up good young talent (Danger and Hulk) or taking back bad contracts. I'd rather take back the bad contracts.

    Back to your point, though... would you consider him an upgrade to Fred as the backup SG?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #7
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why the trade works. There's no way we can get KG without giving up good young talent (Danger and Hulk) or taking back bad contracts. I'd rather take back the bad contracts.

    Back to your point, though... would you consider him an upgrade to Fred as the backup SG?
    Jaric and Hudson are the kind of players that could be good...given the right circumstances. Same goes for Jack.

  8. #8
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jaric and Hudson are the kind of players that could be good...given the right circumstances. Same goes for Jack.
    I as gonna say the same thing, rex. What people seem to forget about Jaric is that he got progressively and visibly better when he was with the Clippers, year after year. I'm much more optimistic about him than Hudson, although Hudson is good in spurts as an energy guy.

    I view them the same as Chauncey Billups. Guys with talent who just need the right team. Hardly anyone thought about Chauncey till he became a Piston. You could see the talent was there. The fit wasn't. Till Detroit.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  9. #9
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I as gonna say the same thing, rex. What people seem to forget about Jaric is that he got progressively and visibly better when he was with the Clippers, year after year. I'm much more optimistic about him than Hudson, although Hudson is good in spurts as an energy guy.

    I view them the same as Chauncey Billups. Guys with talent who just need the right team. Hardly anyone thought about Chauncey till he became a Piston. You could see the talent was there. The fit wasn't. Till Detroit.
    Agree, this trade would be great for us. Great. It probably won't happen. We're too conservative.

  10. #10
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Here's a very interesting idea. Would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS happen, but it would work if it did.

    Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

    #17 Pick
    Anthony Johnson6-3 PG from Charleston
    9.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.3 apg in 26.4 minutes
    Jermaine O'Neal6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes
    Incoming
    Kevin Garnett6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    21.8 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 39.0 minutes
    #7 Pick
    Change in team outlook: -7.5 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -2.9 apg.

    Minnesota Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

    Kevin Garnett6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    21.8 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 39.0 minutes
    #6 Pick
    Incoming
    #17 Pick
    Dan Dickau6-0 PG from Gonzaga
    3.3 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.1 apg in 12.5 minutes
    Paul Pierce6-6 SG from Kansas
    26.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +8.3 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and +2.9 apg.

    Boston Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

    #7 Pick
    Dan Dickau6-0 PG from Gonzaga
    3.3 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.1 apg in 12.5 minutes
    Paul Pierce6-6 SG from Kansas
    26.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.0 minutes
    Incoming
    Anthony Johnson6-3 PG from Charleston
    9.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.3 apg in 26.4 minutes
    Jermaine O'Neal6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes
    #6 Pick
    Change in team outlook: -0.8 ppg, +4.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

    Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana, Minnesota, and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, Minnesota, and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  11. #11
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Another that's much more plausible and works is:

    JO/JTins/#17
    for
    KG/#6

    Whaddaya think?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  12. #12
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another that's much more plausible and works is:

    JO/JTins/#17
    for
    KG/#6

    Whaddaya think?
    I'd do it, even if they insisted on including Jaric.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Here's one for 'ya:

    :thepacers get:
    Kevin Garnett
    Ricky Davis
    Mark Blount

    :timberwol get:
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Stephen Jackson
    Jeff Foster
    Jamaal Tinsley

    C - Blount/Harrison
    PF - Garnett/Croshere
    SF - Stojakovic/Granger
    SG - Davis/Jones
    PG - Johnson/Jasikevicius


  14. #14
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: A fun KG trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's one for 'ya:
    But wouldn't you prefer:

    :thepacers get:
    Kevin Garnett
    Marko Jaric
    Mark Blount
    #6 pick

    :timberwol get:
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Stephen Jackson
    Jeff Foster
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •