Thread: I've had enough; Flash and Firefox

Default I've had enough; Flash and Firefox

I simply can't get Flash to work on Firefox. That means video clips, Myspace material, etc. I've downloaded the latest plugin to the best of my knowledge, but that still didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a successful way to fix it?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: I've had enough; Flash and Firefox

YEP - I've never been able to get Flash to work in Firefox either which means I've never used Firefox. If this problem were in IE, everyone would be screaming bloody murder and calling for Bill Gate's head on a stick.

I don't get the Firefox love.

sweabs

I love firefox. I've never received even one popup while using Firefox...seriously. I have a plugin that blocks scripts, but I can enable them for when I want to view the flash stuff. Are you sure that isn't what you have?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love firefox. I've never received even one popup while using Firefox...seriously. I have a plugin that blocks scripts, but I can enable them for when I want to view the flash stuff. Are you sure that isn't what you have?
    Honestly, I have no clue.

Java and flash work just fine for me on Firefox; I've used this browser for years now.

I DID have a problem with flash not working at one time, however. I have an extension that blocks advertisements (well, let me say that I THINK that's the one causing the trouble, but it was one of my extensions), and at one time it was screwed up to where it blocked all flash. Once I figured that out, I got it back.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have firefox and my flash works.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    I have firefox and my flash works.
    Ditto. Maybe y'alls PCs suck.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been using Firefox since version .8 and Flash has always worked fine, by just installing this. Hicks is probably right, some installed extension could be causing the problem.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

Agreed. Are you guys running Adblock? If so, try:

Tools -> Adblock -> Preferences -> Then go to "Adblock Options" and uncheck Obj-Tags. That's not a firefox issue, though, it's an Adblock issue. Adblock's an extension.

And if you're not running AdBlock, what are you thinking?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Agreed. Are you guys running Adblock? If so, try:

Tools -> Adblock -> Preferences -> Then go to "Adblock Options" and uncheck Obj-Tags. That's not a firefox issue, though, it's an Adblock issue. Adblock's an extension.

And if you're not running AdBlock, what are you thinking?
    That was amazing. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot
    That was amazing. Thank you so much!

I love AdBlock.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!