Thread: David Stern on Indiana's wait.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default David Stern on Indiana's wait.

David Stern was interviewed during the Heat/Hornets game and the first question asked was about the Pacer's waiting over a week and a half if this series goes 7 games. The commish answered by saying that it's a two way street and their wait could either put them off their game, or solidify their team.

What a load of crap...No team should have to wait 10 days for their next opponent!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Default Re: David Stern on Indiana's wait.

No team should have to wait 11 days, but he is right. It could just give us time to heal/rest and come back energized from rest.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think he said more along the lines that the long layoffs could help heal injuries

I think Rick will keep them in good shape though , i seen where they had some refs come in and they have been doing alot of scrimage games , I know that's not like playing your next opponent but it all helps keep your shooting stride

JO and Ron are still banged up, so days off are a plus for me. Sure we'll be rusty, but not that much if we're practicing hard, and rust should be gone by the first game. We also get lots of time to watch these games and learn our opponent.

If you're gonna call these guys professionals, you've gotta expect them to be ready.

Southside_Pacer

I like how Rick had them go up against each other. These are very competitive guys, and as long as they don't injure themselves, or hurt each other, then it's good to get some trash talking and hard playing going on in practice.

After watching the Heat-Hornets game today, I am not worried at all. I think we can be rusty for half a game and still be up by 20. We will kill them.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've not been able to watch much of the Heat-Hornets but what I've seen has appeared pretty sloppy. Periods of time where neither team can hold onto the ball.

Looking at em I have gaurd nightmares, but wonder about our ability to just beat em to death inside. I just can't get a handle on it. My question...are they both that good or are they both that bad????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

woman without a team

No team should have to wait 11 days, but he is right. It could just give us time to heal/rest and come back energized from rest.
    Sure we could come out energized. We could also come out as :censor: as teams do at the beginning of the season!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure we could come out energized. We could also come out as :censor: as teams do at the beginning of the season!
    But we started the season 14-2.