Thread: Does Indy have a sports bar?

Default Does Indy have a sports bar?

I'm still in high school and still clueless as to what I want to do and life. I have thought of a lot of different things but I change my mind often.

One of the things I have thought about is starting my own restaurant, or sports bar and grill type place.

I was wondering if there are any sports bar and grill place in Indy. I always thought it would be cool to have one, almost like a offical place to go watch a Pacers or Colts game if you know what I mean. I'm talking of having a sports bar whose target market is Pacer fans, Colts fans, Hoosier fans, Fighting Irish fans, and Purdue fans.

I was wondering a couple of things though since I don't live in Indy.

- Is there any place like that in Indy?
    - Could one be really successful in Indy? I'm asking this because it wouldn't have a nationally recgonized name, so I was wondering if it could still do good in such a big city like Indy with so much competition.

Leisure Suit Larry

Default Re: Does Indy have a sports bar?

Of course there are sports bars in Indy, a lot

There are college programs in Restaurant Management. Check Purdue's websites for info. I believe there are both 2-yr and 4-yr degrees. Possibly some of those classes would be available at IUPUI. You could probably work for a sports bar in Indy while taking classes.

You could find out if you like the classes while earning money, if you like the career while taking classes. Better to find out sooner rather than later. I've known too many education students who decided during student teaching (their last semester) that they really didn't want to become teachers.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's already an "official" Colts bar. I don't know the name, or even where it is, but I can remember the local news stations going there to do reports on away games and they'd serve blue beer.

Whatever the fan club of the Colts is named, goes there all the time.

A lot of the TV news coverage came from Champps. The Blue Crew goes to a place on Meridian just south of the Circle. I can't think of the name of it right now.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.