Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

  1. #1
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Thumbs down Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Nets’ Clifford Robinson Suspended

    NEW YORK, May 12, 2006 – The NBA announced today that Clifford Robinson of the New Jersey Nets has been suspended without pay for five games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program. Robinson’s suspension will begin with tonight’s game between the New Jersey Nets and the Miami Heat

    A former trailblazer do I even need to ask...

    : L I N K

    Whether you agree with the penalty or not.. Cliff being a Vet knows the rules, and why would do this during the playoff's...

    Why Not Us ?


  2. #2
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    convient for both the Heat and the NBA

  3. #3
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    40 years old, in the NBA, and still smoking.....HAHAHAHA. If anyone in the east is gonna beat detroit it is the heat, but they obviously won't.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by intridcold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    convient for both the Heat and the NBA


    Everything is a conspiracy.

    Next thing you know they will be putting fluorine in the water. Oh wait...

    What a dumb move by Cliff. If only he had taken the test a few weeks ago.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Everything is a conspiracy.

    Next thing you know they will be putting fluorine in the water. Oh wait...

    What a dumb move by Cliff. If only he had taken the test a few weeks ago.
    And we're supposed to believe that every instance like this is just a coincidence? That's a veritable mountain of coincidence. I'll compile the facts for you.

    New Jersey is a much bigger TV market than Indiana, and the Nets lose if Cliff gets suspended during that series.

    New Jersey isn't that much bigger of a TV market when compared to Miami, plus, Miami has "superstars". However, the Nets were going to make a series of it. Not now.

    Further, had NJ managed to get by the Heat, they ALWAYS give Detroit trouble.

    It's entirely plausible to say that if NJ could manage to beat Miami (with home cort advantage, now), they have a not negligible chance to beat Detroit. That would put shadow-of-his-former-self Kidd in the finals along with the poster boy of what the league doesn't want you to do, Vince Carter.

    But I'll shut up, it's obviously ALL coincidence that so far, every ball is bouncing just the way the league office would prefer.

  6. #6
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    ]




    In a related story..
    The Nets will be enlisting the help of a large Green Dragon
    in Cliff's Absence,..

    "Puff " ( as he is called by his friends) said it was the least he could do, as he feel mostly responsible for Cliff's un timely lapse in judgement

    Why Not Us ?


  7. #7
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Couldn't he have lit up 3 weeks ago?

  8. #8
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't he have lit up 3 weeks ago?

    He probably did.

    The test just wasn't given then.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't he have lit up 3 weeks ago?
    No kidding. No Cliffy and his defense and the Pacers probably would have advanced.

  10. #10
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And we're supposed to believe that every instance like this is just a coincidence? That's a veritable mountain of coincidence. I'll compile the facts for you.

    New Jersey is a much bigger TV market than Indiana, and the Nets lose if Cliff gets suspended during that series.

    New Jersey isn't that much bigger of a TV market when compared to Miami, plus, Miami has "superstars". However, the Nets were going to make a series of it. Not now.

    Further, had NJ managed to get by the Heat, they ALWAYS give Detroit trouble.

    It's entirely plausible to say that if NJ could manage to beat Miami (with home cort advantage, now), they have a not negligible chance to beat Detroit. That would put shadow-of-his-former-self Kidd in the finals along with the poster boy of what the league doesn't want you to do, Vince Carter.

    But I'll shut up, it's obviously ALL coincidence that so far, every ball is bouncing just the way the league office would prefer.

    A veritable Everest ...

  11. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Pure stupidity

  12. #12
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Must've been all the poppyseed bagels he's been eating
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  13. #13

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by intridcold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    convient for both the Heat and the NBA
    TRUTH

    Follow the money. Heat vs. Pistons = better tv ratings, more ad revenue. Nets vs. Pistons = less ad revenue.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Thats why we called him uncle spliff in phx.

  15. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TRUTH

    Follow the money. Heat vs. Pistons = better tv ratings, more ad revenue. Nets vs. Pistons = less ad revenue.


    So what.

    Plus the ads are sold well in advance.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what.

    Plus the ads are sold well in advance.
    That's not true. Some air time is sold in advance, but it can be bought almost right up to the event (there are deadlines and it depends on the event), and advertisers can cancel as well (they have deadlines as well). Ad revenues rise and fall with the ratings, my friend.

  17. #17
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Firstly, Cliffy is an idiot. You should never put yourself in a position like this.

    Secondly, the timing on this is suspect, whether you want to cry conspiracy or not.

  18. #18
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    OK, let me see how this works.

    Stern and his boys are sitting around their offices a few days ago and they were looking at the potential conference finals. the consensus is reached the Nets must be stopped. But how. We've done the referree thing for years and years but it seems like the public is starting to catch on, what else could we do. One of Stern's minnions speaks up I know I know, we can drug test Uncle Cliffy, we know he won't pass. Sterm responds - yes, do it post haste, we must stop the Nets. The .2% ratings point is worth it.

    The NBA is saved once agion

  19. #19
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, let me see how this works.

    Stern and his boys are sitting around their offices a few days ago and they were looking at the potential conference finals. the consensus is reached the Nets must be stopped. But how. We've done the referree thing for years and years but it seems like the public is starting to catch on, what else could we do. One of Stern's minnions speaks up I know I know, we can drug test Uncle Cliffy, we know he won't pass. Sterm responds - yes, do it post haste, we must stop the Nets. The .2% ratings point is worth it.

    The NBA is saved once agion

    They could of just held on to a failed test from last March, and decided to release the findings now.


  20. #20
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, let me see how this works.

    Stern and his boys are sitting around their offices a few days ago and they were looking at the potential conference finals. the consensus is reached the Nets must be stopped. But how. We've done the referree thing for years and years but it seems like the public is starting to catch on, what else could we do. One of Stern's minnions speaks up I know I know, we can drug test Uncle Cliffy, we know he won't pass. Sterm responds - yes, do it post haste, we must stop the Nets. The .2% ratings point is worth it.

    The NBA is saved once agion
    The really hilarious thing is, I can actually picture all of that going on behind the scenes.

  21. #21
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could of just held on to a failed test from last March, and decided to release the findings now.

    QFT

  22. #22
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    How many times has he been suspended for smoking purp already?

  23. #23
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could of just held on to a failed test from last March, and decided to release the findings now.

    Definately. They've got all sorts of these kind of things on back stock for a number of players "just in case". They saw Shaq's team struggle and just reached into their file cabinet.

    The fact that not doing so earlier screwed the Pacers only made it all the sweeter for Stern.

  24. #24
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    There was a rumor brought up by McCosky that the reason Cliff Robinson got traded was because Dumars thought he was a bad influence on Okur.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  25. #25
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: Netsí Clifford Robinson Suspended 5 Games violating Drug Policy

    It certainly is strange timing - and it's conveniently for the rest of the series (if it goes 7).
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •