Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 205

Thread: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Real GM has a mock up, and the Pacers getting Redick.

    I'm fine with that.

    http://www.realgm.com/src_feature_ar...t_version_103/

    1. Portland Trailblazers: Tyrus Thomas.
    2. Chicago Bulls (via NY Knicks): LaMarcus Aldridge.
    3. Charlotte Bobcats : Andrea Bargnani.
    4. Atlanta Hawks : Adam Morrison.
    5. Toronto Raptors : Brandon Roy.
    6. Minnesota Timberwolves : Rudy Gay.
    7. Boston Celtics : Tiago Splitter.
    8. Houston Rockets : Rajon Rondo.
    9. Golden State Warriors : Rodney Carney.
    10. Seattle Supersonics : Mardy Collins.
    11. Orlando Magic : Marcus Williams.
    12. New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets: Shelden
    Williams.
    13. Philadelphia 76ers : Randy Foye.
    14. Utah Jazz : Ronnie Brewer.
    15. NOK Hornets (via Milwaukee Bucks ): Rudy Fernandez.
    16. Chicago Bulls : Hilton Armstrong.
    17. Indiana Pacers : J.J. Redick.
    18. Washington Wizards : Quincy Douby
    19. Sacramento Kings : Patrick O’Bryant
    20. NY Knicks (via Toronto via Denver): Sergio
    Rodriguez

    21. Phoenix Suns (via Atlanta via LA Lakers)
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  2. #2
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Trajan Langdon the second
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  3. #3
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    NBA Draft. net which really seems to do a good job of guessing a number of picks. Has had recently Roby, Famar, and now they have Maurice Ager going 17. Similar in some aspects to Fred Jones..

    Right now I am hoping Ronnie Brewer is there at 17...

    Why Not Us ?


  4. #4

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trajan Langdon the second
    Are you comparing him to Langdon just because they went to the same school? They are nothing alike.

    Langdon could hit uncontested 3-pointers standing still.

    Redick can do that too.

    But in additon (from NBA draft.net):
    He (Redick) has also added a deadly mid range game to his repertoire, with the ability to create shots for himself with ball fakes and the dribble drive … Unbelievable at rolling off screens and hitting the open J ... Redick has picture perfect form, a lightning quick release and gets great elevation on his shot. He is also automatic from the free throw line ... Has a killer instinct and seems to step his game up in clutch situations ... Never appears tired, has great conditioning and work ethic ...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you comparing him to Langdon just because they went to the same school? They are nothing alike.

    Langdon could hit uncontested 3-pointers standing still.

    Redick can do that too.

    But in additon (from NBA draft.net):
    He (Redick) has also added a deadly mid range game to his repertoire, with the ability to create shots for himself with ball fakes and the dribble drive … Unbelievable at rolling off screens and hitting the open J ... Redick has picture perfect form, a lightning quick release and gets great elevation on his shot. He is also automatic from the free throw line ... Has a killer instinct and seems to step his game up in clutch situations ... Never appears tired, has great conditioning and work ethic ...and he's NOT a knuckelhead!
    Fixed

    Your welcome

  6. #6
    Member tdubb03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Steve Alford the second
    Fixed.

    The similarities are eerie.

  7. #7
    Member bread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here^
    Age
    48
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    NBADraft.net has us getting Maurice Ager.

    He's Freddie with lesser defensive abilities.


    Edit: What Frank said.

  8. #8
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    I would be fine with it but I doubt he drops this far.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    rondo going to houston that high is laughable.

    i could definitely see bird taking reddick. he did mention in his press conference that he has his eye on one player in particular and that he's hoping he falls to us. reddick seems like birds type of player and he is projected to go between 10-18.

  10. #10

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    I guess it depends upon what risks you want to take at #17.

    You can take a chance on a player with known issues like work ethic, attitude, coachability, etc. that would have been drafted higher on ability alone, roll the dice and hope you change him. 5% chance you get an all-star, 20% chance you get a starter, 25% chance you get a good rotation player, and 50% chance you get a total bust.

    Or you take a safer pick like Redick. 0% chance he will ever be an all-star, 15% chance he will be a starter, 75% chance he will be a solid rotation player, and 10% chance he will be a total bust.

    I'd prefer somthing I can count on, since there is not a single player on this team that I can count on for a good performance, due to injuries and inconsistency. AJ comes closest to being out most steady player, and we thought he was our 3rd string PG.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  11. #11
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    At our pick, I'd take the best shooter available. Sounds like that might be Reddick. I guess I don't expect a superstar or star at #17.

    I just want somebody who can consistantly hit an outside shot. And I want it like a man in the desert wants water.

    That, and somebody who can defend quick SGs. But we're not going to get both of those things in the same player picking at 17.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  12. #12
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    It's almost fitting if the Trailblazers take another bust like Tyrus Thomas. That guy has proved absolutely nothing other then that he can jump high and block shots. I can't even beleive he's a lottery pick.

  13. #13
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's almost fitting if the Trailblazers take another bust like Tyrus Thomas. That guy has proved absolutely nothing other then that he can jump high and block shots. I can't even beleive he's a lottery pick.
    Tyrus Thomas will be good. I think Aldrige is the bigger bust.

  14. #14
    brs14ku
    Guest

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyrus Thomas will be good. I think Aldrige is the bigger bust.
    Are you kidding? Aldridge is the best post player in the draft right now and in the future. He isn't going to be anything really amazing but he will be a quality player for sure.

  15. #15
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by brs14ku
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you kidding? Aldridge is the best post player in the draft right now and in the future. He isn't going to be anything really amazing but he will be a quality player for sure.
    I said that thing about Thomas maybe a month ago, I'm not as high on him now. However, I still maintain he has greater potential than LA.

  16. #16
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,112
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    do you really think ATL is going for another swing man

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    I'd be very pleased with Redick because he's probably the best and one of the most clutch shooters in college basketball. He's ultra competitive and just goes for the opponent's jugular by instinct.

    With all of his positive traits, I just don't see him being available at #17. I thought a couple of months ago that he was predicted to go about #8 - #12. What happened?

  18. #18
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    I'd bet we won't be picking 17th if thats the guy Bird says he has his eye on.

  19. #19
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,244

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd bet we won't be picking 17th if thats the guy Bird says he has his eye on.
    Anyone remember Bird trying to trade up and everyone thought he wanted
    Luke Jackson but the player he REALLY wanted was Ben Gordon.
    I would not be surprised to see Bird try and move up. He is still
    looking for a scorer. If Shelden Williams fell to the Pacers I would be
    very happy with that too.


    owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  20. #20
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by owl
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone remember Bird trying to trade up and everyone thought he wanted
    Luke Jackson but the player he REALLY wanted was Ben Gordon.
    I would not be surprised to see Bird try and move up. He is still
    looking for a scorer. If Shelden Williams fell to the Pacers I would be
    very happy with that too.


    owl
    Yes, we all know your feelings on Shellhead Williams.

  21. #21
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,244

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, we all know your feelings on Shellhead Williams.

    You were the last holdout, glad to see your coming around.
    My mission is complete. :-)


    owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  22. #22
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,244

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    People have issues with Ben Gordon because of his size and he is very
    athletic. So Reddick will certainly have issues also esp on the defensive side.
    He would be great addition but the rest of the team has to pick up the defensive slack. If he is not available then maybe go for a James
    White in the second round. At 17 take the best available player
    or fill a need as most of the players after 16 will all be the same risk.


    owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  23. #23
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by owl
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were the last holdout, glad to see your coming around.
    My mission is complete. :-)


    owl
    Not really.

  24. #24

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    Quote Originally Posted by owl
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone remember Bird trying to trade up and everyone thought he wanted
    Luke Jackson but the player he REALLY wanted was Ben Gordon.
    I would not be surprised to see Bird try and move up. He is still
    looking for a scorer. If Shelden Williams fell to the Pacers I would be
    very happy with that too.


    owl

    Absolutely. One thing is for certain in this draft (and any draft for that matter)...whoever DW or LB mention by name that "they have their eye on" is for certain NOT who they have their eye on.

    Given the weakness of this draft, however, and the absence of any certain star, I would be surprised if the Pacers move up unless it involved ditching sJax, tins, or croshere.

  25. #25
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: The mock draft thread, 2006 NBA draft

    ANd give up our future 1 round lottery picks. I don't think so EV eezy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •