Thread: A look at the depth chart as it stands now

Default A look at the depth chart as it stands now

PG: Johnson / Tinsley / Saras
    SG: Jackson / Granger / Jones
    SF: Peja / Granger
    PF: O'neal / Croshere
    C: Foster / Harrison / Pollard

I put Granger at SG / SF because management said they're going to try him at SG.

I think we'll see Tinsley and Jackson get traded for a PG and maybe a veteran PF.

I think we'll draft a SG/SF.

Default Re: A look at the depth chart as it stands now

Larry will draft by best player available, no question.

You're also assuming everybody gets re-signed. The actual depth chart now is:

Foster - Harrison
    JO - Croshere
    Peja - Granger
    Jax
    Tins - AJ - Saras
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG: Johnson / Tinsley / Saras
    Umm.... I see one little bundle of Pacer joy that has been excluded, EGBW, will not be happy about this one...
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    You're also assuming everybody gets re-signed. The actual depth chart now is:

Foster - Harrison
    JO - Croshere
    Peja - Granger
    Jax
    Tins - AJ - Saras
    Actually, Peja stated that he will opt out of his contract. So, as soon as that is official, our depth chart will consist of only 9 players:

PG - AJ / Tinsley / Saras
    SG - Jax
    SF - Granger
    PF - JO / Croshere
    C - Foster / Harrison

The total salary of 10 players (Bender included) is $61.4M. The total is $53.6M if Bender's salary is excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    Actually, Peja stated that he will opt out of his contract.
    Yep, you're right. I'm a moron.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Yep, you're right. I'm a moron.
    Well, the real point is that with 9 players under contract and trades of 2-3 players on the horizon, we could enter next season with only 7-8 carryovers... and that includes signing a couple of our own free agents.

We will have a lot of adjusting and chemistry building to do in the preseason and the beginning of the regular season. Unless we get lucky enough to acquire equal or better talent with our trades, or at least get players that complement our guys better, we are very likely to struggle as we start next season.