View Poll Results: Thread of the Year

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • In My Pants

    4 6.67%
  • Soup on yo head!

    2 3.33%
  • The Official "Eddie Gill should start!" bandwagon

    10 16.67%
  • The official Reggie Miller thread....

    33 55.00%
  • Um Ragnar, Jay & Jermainiac may not want to read this....

    11 18.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year -- The Official Reggie Miller Thread

  1. #26
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Will,

    I haven't read the first two threads myself.

    But I think the Eddie Gill page will make you say "giggle, giggle snort."

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  2. #27
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't very impressed with most of the nominees.
    You weren't!

    I only read the last thread. The first two I didn't read because they didn't appear to be basketball threads. Wanting Eddie Gill to start appeared silly to me, so I didn't read it. The Reggie Miller thread didn't interest me because he's retired. Hence I only read Pecks thread.

    Under the circumstances I chose not to vote. Now if it would have been a close vote I would have forced myself to read them.

    Well . . . maybe not.

  3. #28
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    All those threads were nice and some eventually grew on me, but IMP had many intangibles/memories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted Pacers gurl for thread of the year....



    Just Kidding

  4. #29
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will,

    I haven't read the first two threads myself.

    But I think the Eddie Gill page will make you say "giggle, giggle snort."

    Sigh!

    Okay . . . I read it.

    That was like going into a bar where everyone is drunk and having a good time, and you're sober. Not even a snort from me.

  5. #30
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,301
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You weren't!

    I only read the last thread. The first two I didn't read because they didn't appear to be basketball threads. Wanting Eddie Gill to start appeared silly to me, so I didn't read it. The Reggie Miller thread didn't interest me because he's retired. Hence I only read Pecks thread.

    Under the circumstances I chose not to vote. Now if it would have been a close vote I would have forced myself to read them.

    Thank you for writing my post for me. THis exactly expresses my situation.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  6. #31
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,837

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Come mothers and fathers
    Throughout the land
    And don't criticize
    What you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters
    Are beyond your command
    Your old road is
    Rapidly agin'.
    Please get out of the new one
    If you can't lend your hand
    For the times they are a-changin'

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  7. #32
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sigh!

    Okay . . . I read it.

    That was like going into a bar where everyone is drunk and having a good time, and you're sober. Not even a snort from me.

    How can this not make you at least giggle let alone snort.

    I'm pretty sure there was another version of the wagon after this one, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in that thread.

  8. #33
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,395

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anything with Eddie Gill in it gets the vote. The campaign will continue into next season.
    If we don't re-sign Eddie, I will renounce my Pacers loyalty and become a fan of whatever team signs him.

  9. #34
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can this not make you at least giggle let alone snort.

    I'm pretty sure there was another version of the wagon after this one, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in that thread.
    Here it is...





    Man, the mutant Montieth has some hops. Might have to name him "Bender".
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  10. #35
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Too late to nominate this for thread of the year?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  11. #36
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,395

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    How ironic is it that the official Reggie Miller thread has 31 votes?

  12. #37
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we don't re-sign Eddie, I will renounce my Pacers loyalty and become a fan of whatever team signs him.
    Promise?

  13. #38
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,837

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Against their better judgements, Will decided to take a ride on the EddieWagon with the drunken Gillians and 'Geezer accepted the position of Official EddieWagon rabbit wrangler...........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  14. #39
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    I'll be durn!

  15. #40
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Hicks when are you going to start a thread for another award?

  16. #41
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,395

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Against their better judgements, Will decided to take a ride on the EddieWagon with the drunken Gillians and 'Geezer accepted the position of Official EddieWagon rabbit wrangler...........
    Classic.

  17. #42
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year -- The Official Reggie Miller Thread

    And it's done. I'll give this a try next year, but if we don't get better results I may drop it for '08.

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year -- The Official Reggie Miller Thread

    I would've voted for the in my pants one if anyone but Pacers_Girl and SiG posted in it

  19. #44
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year -- The Official Reggie Miller Thread

    Are Peck's Christmas stories not considered threads? They have to be in the top 5 EVERY year.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  20. #45
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Thread of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come mothers and fathers
    Throughout the land
    And don't criticize
    What you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters
    Are beyond your command
    Your old road is
    Rapidly agin'.
    Please get out of the new one
    If you can't lend your hand
    For the times they are a-changin'

    Great song!

    I wasn't around to vote, but it looks like the good guys won anyway. The Reggie Miller thread was just brilliant.

    And, I suggested it back in the nominations thread... those of you who didn't suggest threads should next year....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •