Thread: Just like ol' times

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Just like ol' times

I'm supposed to be studying for my finals and State Boards.

So here I sit drinking Jim Beam and talking on the internet

Some things just never change (Just like Hicks moving this to the Shout Board as being too off topic)

Studying and taking tests has taught me a whole new empathy for the kids though. I'd forgotten how much I hate school/studying/tests.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: OT: Just like ol' times

Yeah, I'm siitin at work, listening to music (Queen's "We Will Rock You" currently), and reading this stuff.

Good times!

EDIT: You actually study for stuff? I've been through all four years of high school without hardly ever studying, just doing homework, and I've had no problems. Eh, who knows?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So here I sit drinking Jim Beam and talking on the internet

I must say I'm doing a stupid Business course at work and it took me four months to even think about opening the first book.. after that... i opened it and suddenly went what the..... but after completing the first couple modules.. i'm keen for it.. i hate studing but realising that it'll give me a pay rise makes me want to study more...

homework sucks... but I suppose all the Big Forbes Guys study at home too... except i suppose they study the stuff they love... man I wanna be like Mark C..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    EDIT: You actually study for stuff? I've been through all four years of high school without hardly ever studying, just doing homework, and I've had no problems. Eh, who knows?
    Yeah, that's all fine and dandy until you start University. Don't count on taking that approach and being successful at the same time

ya................. SUMMER OFF IS AWSOME!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Yeah, that's all fine and dandy until you start University. Don't count on taking that approach and being successful at the same time
    That's what I was going to say. It works in High School, but not in college.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    That's what I was going to say. It works in High School, but not in college.
    Agreed. Although, there are courses where you can coast, although they usually happen during the first year and even then, trying to coast at all can be a bad habit that's hard to break. I speak from experience.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I did the same thing in HS, and now I'm paying for it dearly in college.

I have no study skills whatsoever, so even when I do study it doesn't do much good.

Study skills aren't just something you pick up from the get go.

Default Re: Just like ol' times

I did the same thing in college for the most part.

But I'm not Canadian, so I could.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I did the same thing in college for the most part.

But I'm not Canadian, so I could.
    Yeah, I heard you can get away with it in American schools. Oh well, I guess we just place a little more emphasis on academics up here at UWO

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Yeah, I heard you can get away with it in American schools. Oh well, I guess we just place a little more emphasis on academics up here at UWO
    Nah, I'm just s-m-r-t.

Right with you Pizza Guy. Studying screws me up more than it helps, I get confused. I still have an A-/B+ average, who cares?
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Mood

Yeah, I figure I'd better step it up in college. Though, I will be a communications major, so...

Honestly, if I pay attention in class, I've always been safe. If I space on that, I'm hit because reading those frakkin text books has never been my hobby. I actually plan on taking a tape recorder or something so I can get it all.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

sweabs

Yeah, I figure I'd better step it up in college. Though, I will be a communications major, so...

Honestly, if I pay attention in class, I've always been safe. If I space on that, I'm hit because reading those frakkin text books has never been my hobby. I actually plan on taking a tape recorder or something so I can get it all.
    That works. Eventually you'll find a method that works best for you, and stick with it.

But I'd talk to your prof. before using a tape recorder in class. I took a first year MIT course I believe it was...and some girl was using a tape recorder during the lecture. The prof just stopped everything and started reaming her out in front of the entire class. "What is that?!? Is that a tape recorder?!? You are taping me right now?!? Who said you could do that?!? Why didn't you ask me first?!?" No one was allowed to tape him, apparently...some profs are touchy about that kind of thing I suppose.