Thread: New Orleans trade...

Default New Orleans trade...

Foster and Jackson for PJ Brown, Arvydas Macijauskas, and the Nawlins first-rounder. Biggest downside is that I don't think I could handle the influx of Euroball fans. Would be a decent move on the court for both teams, though.

Hornets get a starting center that's younger than their current one, and a starting SG that's older than their current one. We get a decent PF/C to play with Jermaine for a year (dude's ancient already, but he's got at least a year left in him) and mentor the Hulk. Assuming Fred leaves, we get a shooter that should be able to handle time at the backup 2. And we get the #12 pick in the draft.

Thoughts?

p.s. If Nawlins wanted to throw the midlevel at him, this would work using Freddy instead of Jax.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: New Orleans trade...

This was supposed to go in the trade forum. Admins please move.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster and Jackson for PJ Brown, Arvydas Macijauskas, and the Nawlins first-rounder. Biggest downside is that I don't think I could handle the influx of Euroball fans. Would be a decent move on the court for both teams, though.
    I was thinking actualy, that You enjoy discussions with Euros Don't be affraid, there will be no significant influx of Euro fans (most macijauskas fans are the same Lithuanian Saras fans). The only scary thing - could You handle both Macijauskas and Saras threads ?
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Keep in mind as well that the Pacers would also recieve a guranteed lottery pick.

New Orleans Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Arvydas Macijauskas
    6-4 PG from Lithuania (Foreign)
    2.3 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.2 minutes
    P.J. Brown
    6-11 PF from Louisiana Tech
    9.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 31.8 minutes
    Incoming
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +11.0 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Incoming
    Arvydas Macijauskas
    6-4 PG from Lithuania (Foreign)
    2.3 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.2 minutes
    P.J. Brown
    6-11 PF from Louisiana Tech
    9.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 31.8 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -11.0 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

I like it, but do you think NO would bite? Especially if they give us that pick.

Mood

They might be more inclined to give up a 2nd rounder.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

That pick is what makes it really interesting to us. I wouldn't mind us giving up one or if push came to shove (sp?) two second rounders. One would have to be that Phoenix 2008 second rounder though as it's bound to be lower then our own.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by DeS
    I was thinking actualy, that You enjoy discussions with Euros Don't be affraid, there will be no significant influx of Euro fans (most macijauskas fans are the same Lithuanian Saras fans). The only scary thing - could You handle both Macijauskas and Saras threads ?
    Easily. I can ignore two threads just as easily as one.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven
    I like it, but do you think NO would bite? Especially if they give us that pick.
    They have two late lottery picks... #13 and #15. I have no idea who they're looking at, but if they got their guy at #13, I could see them trading #15.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I don't think Scott and Jackson get along at least they didn't when Jackson was in NJ.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    I don't think Scott and Jackson get along at least they didn't when Jackson was in NJ.
    Eh, that's an interesting point. I hadn't thought about that.

But then it has been a while, so who knows?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Eh, that's an interesting point. I hadn't thought about that.

But then it has been a while, so who knows?
    I thot they squashed that shortly after Jax left??

The lottery makes it interesting but, i'm still kind of iffy about it. Nice trade proposal I could see it happening.

If we give up Jackson and Foster to New Orleans, wondering why you didn't do a J.R. Smith and PJ Brown deal?

Forget Arvydas Macijauskas. The deal would save the Pacers some luxury tax money and work because New Orleans is enough under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    If we give up Jackson and Foster to New Orleans, wondering why you didn't do a J.R. Smith and PJ Brown deal?
    Because we don't need another headcase.

I'm not sure if Macas would be able to crack the rotation, but he'd still be a better guy to have around than JR Smith.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Because we don't need another headcase.

I'm not sure if Macas would be able to crack the rotation, but he'd still be a better guy to have around than JR Smith.
    I'm sure M would not be able to crack the rotation. :wink:

And, yeah, we need another guy who can't guard anyone and has no upside.

I'd take the young Smith any day. At age 20, or so, easily more impressionable, he's cheaper, has way more upside, and can be let go more easily, if needed.

I'm sure M would not be able to crack the rotation. :wink:

And, yeah, we need another guy who can't guard anyone and has no upside.

I'd take the young Smith any day. At age 20, or so, easily more impressionable, he's cheaper, has way more upside, and can be let go more easily, if needed.
    Well, I'm game. The point for me is getting PJ Brown and a backup SG.

Others have brought up the Jax/Scott thing, though, so who knows.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Well, I'm game. The point for me is getting PJ Brown and a backup SG.
    By what the papers have been posting it sounds more like Orleans is looking to dump salary. Brown comes off their books after next so they might hold on to him for the future cap space. A trade off of our own salary dump (Cro) and a future pick may net your guy?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    By what the papers have been posting it sounds more like Orleans is looking to dump salary. Brown comes off their books after next so they might hold on to him for the future cap space. A trade off of our own salary dump (Cro) and a future pick may net your guy?
    I think you are correct. If I were New Orleans, I would not want to give away all of my cap space, if I could avoid it. A returning expiring contract makes sense, if they were willing to let PJ Brown go, which I am not convinced is the case.

I think you are correct. If I were New Orleans, I would not want to give away all of my cap space, if I could avoid it. A returning expiring contract makes sense, if they were willing to let PJ Brown go, which I am not convinced is the case.
    Foster and Bender for PJ Brown and JR Rider!

Somebody owes us a one-sided trade...

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Foster and Bender for PJ Brown and JR Rider!

Somebody owes us a one-sided trade...
    His name is Isiaih Thomas!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    His name is Isiaih Thomas!
    Is this a prediction?

Mood

Is this a prediction?
    No - thats who owes the Pacers a one sided trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    No - thats who owes the Pacers a one sided trade.
    I've got nothing against Zeke the GM. He hasn't hurt us any.

But Atlanta and (especially) Boston owe us.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The lotto makes it interesting cause we can flip that pick and our pick and try and move up to get Roy. (Yeah I will probably harp on roy from here until the draft so you may want to get used to it.)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods