Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Granger at the 2?

Default Re: Granger at the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by owl
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get stronger, not bigger.
    owl
    Exactly, where did people get the idea adding muscle and working out was a bad thing? There is a big difference between adding pounds and getting muscle. To me that was probably Danny's biggest weakness this year, for as good as he was he could still get pushed around at times.

On the same note, I've never heard where adding muscle made you slower.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    Carlisle lost his team because the Pacers play liek a highschool team. Everyone wants to be the star. That is not a coachable team. And are you saying Ediie Gill isn't the one bright spot? Granger is also keepable. NEways...JO is soft! He hits jumpers because he's scared to bang bodies day in and day out. Etan Thomas would help the Pacers tremendously.
    I take a couple ideas (Gill, for example) to be facetious. However, there are some valid comments IMO.

I agree w/ your HS characterization of the team and the individual agendas. This much was confirmed by some players (see AJ) in the elimination post-game press conference.

I don't absolve RC from any responsibility, but the players have to be willing to work on this also. I say they all must share accountability for the poor team concept.

The trade you propose does not excite me as a whole, however, I actually like Etan Thomas in general. The issue is his durability and that would scare me off.

Still, he would add size, athleticism, agressiveness, and shot-blocking ability at our C (until he got injured of course). I'd much rather have him than Haywood who IMO will never amount to anything near the potential of his physical prowess.

Finally, I don't think JO is soft. I do think he is overpaid relative to the impact he has as our annoited franchise main man and our team's recent performance.

With the exception of the 37 point outburst game, he did not dominate NJ whatsoever. He played a solid series which would have translated into an effective series if he had a true main man on the team with him allowing him to play the role that most suits him-dominant in a supporting (#2 guy) role. Or even the 1B denomination if that's more palatable to the JO die hards.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Finally a poster without the blinders on!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Finally a poster without the blinders on!
    Ha! You post a ridiculously lop-sided trade in your teams favour and you tell us we have blinders on?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Exactly, where did people get the idea adding muscle and working out was a bad thing? There is a big difference between adding pounds and getting muscle. To me that was probably Danny's biggest weakness this year, for as good as he was he could still get pushed around at times.

It's a myth, that people buy into, just like adding bulk is supposed to limit your range of motion.

I'll throw this in as well, a direct quote from one of my profs. who I've mentioned several times and who happens to be a consultant for the Spurs.

"Periodization involves shifting training priorities from non-sport-specific activities of high volume and low intensity to sport-specific activities of low volume and high intensity over a period of many weeks to prevent overtraining and optimize performance. Lifting prevents sport overtraining, injuries, and optimizes performances."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Ha! You post a ridiculously lop-sided trade in your teams favour and you tell us we have blinders on?

Regards,

Mourning
    Well it seems like no one wants him here in Indy and he cant play in the playoffs so i figured i'd be helpin by takin him off ur hands. I'll throw in a first rounder, how's that?

Well it seems like no one wants him here in Indy and he cant play in the playoffs so i figured i'd be helpin by takin him off ur hands. I'll throw in a first rounder, how's that?

His market value is way higher than you're "trade." It's not realistic because another team would offer something better.

That's the blinders comment back to you, you thinking you can get Peja for free when there's 30 other teams out there.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    His market value is way higher than you're "trade." It's not realistic because another team would offer something better.

That's the blinders comment back to you, you thinking you can get Peja for free when there's 30 other teams out there.
    Its not like we're the real GM's. lol.

Its not like we're the real GM's. lol.
    And you know this how?

It's still called living in reality, and not just throwing out some random trade because it benefits your team.

And if you didn't think you'd catch some flak after that "trade" on the opposing teams forum, then obviously you aren't living in reality.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    And you know this how?

It's still called living in reality, and not just throwing out some random trade because it benefits your team.

And if you didn't think you'd catch some flak after that "trade" on the opposing teams forum, then obviously you aren't living in reality.
    Larry????

You can call him Donnie

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually I dont have any blinder on.

But when you try to tell me that Artest is a character guy, and the only guy who we should keep is GIll and maybe Danny, then I know you either A. have no clue what you are talking about or B.are just here to cause trouble. Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say C. you were just joking, but you seem to be serious so far.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Actually I dont have any blinder on.

But when you try to tell me that Artest is a character guy, and the only guy who we should keep is GIll and maybe Danny, then I know you either A. have no clue what you are talking about or B.are just here to cause trouble. Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say C. you were just joking, but you seem to be serious so far.
    D - a loyal fan of Artest. And i hope he's a better person than what he showed in Indy

D - a loyal fan of Artest. And i hope he's a better person than what he showed in Indy and Chicago
    Fixed.

He is not, he has blown up on every team he has been on, and he totally ruined our star players last season and blew up this season.

But hey, why not be loyal to the guy.

I cant wait till he blows up, again, on the Kings.

Um, about Danny. Let me ask this. When Danny was in the game with Peja and guarding Vince, what position do you guys think he was actually playing? I've said it before and I've said it again, I don't get why the position thing has to be so rigid. We just have to come up with a better defensive plan to cover whoever Peja has to guard or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    Um, about Danny. Let me ask this. When Danny was in the game with Peja and guarding Vince, what position do you guys think he was actually playing? I've said it before and I've said it again, I don't get why the position thing has to be so rigid. We just have to come up with a better defensive plan to cover whoever Peja has to guard or what not.
    Well, there are certain things you need from the five guys on the floor to be successful and to a certain extent those things are "expected" from various positions. Frex, the PG runs the offense, the SG should be able to shoot, the PF and C should defend the post, rebound and provide post offense.

But that isn't always locked in. Jordan was the post offense for the Bulls, Lebron runs the offense for Cleveland, mostly, etc. It's all matchups - but you do need to be aware of where a guy is best suited to play and construct your team with that in mind. I'd hate to think the Pacers are going into the offseason thinking, "We should work at keeping Peja but we can get rid of Jax and not worry about getting a guard because Danny can start at SG next season."

That would be bad.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I hate this.

Stop trying to have multi-role players. For the love of God this guy rebounds like Dale Davis the last thing I want him doing is dribbling on the perimater while making entry passes to Jermaine.

Now I have nothing against him working on his ball handling because the one thing right now that he is missing is an ability to attack the bucket. But for the love of God could we please not try this with him.

I'd rather see him play the four spot than the two spot & I don't even want him there.

Yep, and it scares me that the PTB are even considering it! My gosh, he is one of our best rebounders NOW, as a rookie and skinny. Dang decent shot blocker too. I have to reconsider my opinion of PTB talent evaluation if they try to make a guard out of this guy. Yeh he's a very good defender, but just like Artest it will WEAR HIM OUT if he's chasing much smaller and faster guards around the perimeter.
    It would seem obvious that they intend to resign Peja to even consider this. I would much prefer to sign and trade Peja for a REAL 2 guard and let Danny dominate the 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB

Of course it doesn't. It makes you faster. It's adding too much MASS that some mistake getting stronger for.

I've posted it a dozen times, but no one has yet offered a decent opinion as to why it could not be done.

With a decent defensive PG, why can't Peja play the 2 and Danny the 3? When necessary, Danny could defend the 2. And, the very few opponents that are dominant at both 2 and 3, then AJ could play the two with Danny and Peja splitting minutes at 3.

But I do agree that Danny playing both ends of the floor at 2 is not the best way to go when Peja is on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    I've posted it a dozen times, but no one has yet offered a decent opinion as to why it could not be done.

With a decent defensive PG, why can't Peja play the 2 and Danny the 3? When necessary, Danny could defend the 2. And, the very few opponents that are dominant at both 2 and 3, then AJ could play the two with Danny and Peja splitting minutes at 3.

But I do agree that Danny playing both ends of the floor at 2 is not the best way to go when Peja is on the roster.

It would be necessary for him to guard most 2's, Peja sure couldn't run with them.
    At least one big problem with that, if Dannys in the paint trying to get offensive rebounds (where I want him), then how's he going to get back on defense against a 2 guard that was defending on the perimeter? The 2's got a 15 or 20' headstart. Run out.