Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Offseason 06: Hunt for the Big Man IV

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Offseason 06: Hunt for the Big Man IV

So I've used my high tech equipment come up with a solution to the Pacers need for a big man as per Jermaine O'neal's request (he called me).

Rookies in the 2006 draft

Patrick O'Briant http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/patrickobryant.asp
    Hilton Armstrong http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/hiltonarmstrong.asp

Free Agents (along with a possibility meter ranging from 1-10)

Antonio Davis (7)
    Kelvin Cato (7)
    Nazr Mohommed (6)
    Ervin Johnson (6)
    Lorenzen Wright (6)
    Loren Woods (5)
    Joel Pryzbilla (5)
    Jake Voskuhl (5)
    Greg Ostertag (4)
    Michael Olowokandi (4)
    Nene (3)
    Alonzo Mourning (2)
    Ben Wallace (1)

Via Trade
    Your guess is as good as anyones.

Default Re: The Offseason 06: Hunt for the Big Man IV

Alonzo Mourning makes my mouth water, but I want to him to retire a member of the heat.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Shelden Williams

Most ready bigman in the draft.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/sheldenwilliams.asp

owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

:harrison:
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

About the only free agent that I really like is Antonio Davis.

In the draft I don't really like any of the big men that much who we have a shot at, atleast not compared to some of the swingmen. The only big man I really like is Tiago Splitter. I like Boone and Gray too but not compared to a guy like Rudy Fernandez.

As for trades, DeSagana Diop would be a solid acquisition. Solid defender and shot blocking skills, Still young too and cheap.

Primoz Brezec is another opition. Bad defender but good offenseive player.

Pavel Polkoldzin would also be a trade possability. He is a LONG TERM PROJECT but his size makes him very intriguing.

Brian Skinner is another possiability. Good defender and worker. A little overpaid though IMO.

Dikembe Mutombo might be a good addition. I'm sure Houston would trade him for the right deal. He wouldn't be added for production but more so as a mentor to the other big men.

I heard somewhere that if we were looking for a starting center any time in the.....well, you know the rest.

Anyway out of the list you just put out I would take Wallace (yea like that is going to happen), Wright, Pryzbilla & Nene'. I wouldn't mind Mohamad.

The sad thing is though that on some nights David Harrison is as good if not better than all of them. I've seen him tear Ben Wallace apart because he is as strong as Ben & he is bigger with a better game.

It's up to both the Pacer & himself to see if he can ever put it all together.

If there was any way of getting Bynum from the Lakers I would do it in a heartbeat. This guy is going to be for real one day & unlike our team they have a big man coach who is helping him from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    Dikembe Mutombo might be a good addition.
    Dude is 40 years old!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Dude is 40 years old!
    Read what I posted. I posted he would be brought in as more of a MENTOR to our other big men than for his actual production. I understand he is 40 and isn't likely to produce much on the court, but he can help in other ways.

If Mutombo could play just 10-15 minuates a game thats good with me. He then can give David some pointers. David has a great future but he needs to learn how to play defense. DM may or may not help but would be worth a shot, IMO.

Read what I posted. I posted he would be brought in as more of a MENTOR to our other big men than for his actual production. I understand he is 40 and isn't likely to produce much on the court, but he can help in other ways.
    Did you edit that or did I just miss it?

I'm not against bringing a guy in as a mentor, but we still need a guy in here that can produce. If we got Deke, we'd need somebody else.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Did you edit that or did I just miss it?

I'm not against bringing a guy in as a mentor, but we still need a guy in here that can produce. If we got Deke, we'd need somebody else.
    Actually I did edited that post like 2-3 times so you probably saw that before I put that in, although I don't remember what all I added. Sorry about that.

Anyways I agree with you that if we got Deke we would still need another big guy.

Dikembe Mutombo might be a good addition.
    Good way to make sure Grace never sets foot in Conseco again. Only time I ever had to hold her back from going after a player.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

O'Bryant would be the best draft choice and Nazr would probably be the best FA we could tag.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Good way to make sure Grace never sets foot in Conseco again. Only time I ever had to hold her back from going after a player.
    Wasn't that at Market Square?

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Wasn't that at Market Square?
    Yes, when he was still with the Hawks. I wouldn't have been concerned if it was Conseco, since you wouldn't have had a straight shot down to the court. I just meant you'd never go to a game again if we signed him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

wouldn't mind trying to get Nene. Younger player who could take some of the pressure of JO. Jamaal Maglore could also be had what with Milwaukee having a surplus of big men.

Actually I did edited that post like 2-3 times so you probably saw that before I put that in, although I don't remember what all I added. Sorry about that.

Anyways I agree with you that if we got Deke we would still need another big guy.

The addition of a veteran "big man" is an interesting idea. I am not sure if Dikembe is the guy, but it would be great to have somebody show Harrison the ropes. We also need a big man coach, but it would be great to have a veteran "Crash Davis" (For Bull Durham fans) type player. This entire team could use a Crash Davis type guy. We need a mature veteran who the younger players can look up to, and who can have a calming influence on our high drama mama's.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I heard somewhere that if we were looking for a starting center any time in the.....well, you know the rest.

Anyway out of the list you just put out I would take Wallace (yea like that is going to happen), Wright, Pryzbilla & Nene'. I wouldn't mind Mohamad.

The sad thing is though that on some nights David Harrison is as good if not better than all of them. I've seen him tear Ben Wallace apart because he is as strong as Ben & he is bigger with a better game.

It's up to both the Pacer & himself to see if he can ever put it all together.

If there was any way of getting Bynum from the Lakers I would do it in a heartbeat. This guy is going to be for real one day & unlike our team they have a big man coach who is helping him from day one.
    Would Bynum be any better than Harrison if we never got a big man coach? Far as I'm concerned, if Harrison can actually learn from someone, I see no reason why he can't start. Minus the big mouth, of course.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I think Jake Sack-a-lettuce is available from Memphis. I'm not really sure that is the type center O'Neal was hoping for. I think he wants more of an Etan Thomas, Jamal Magloire player

Nazr Mohammed FTW

Ok, so if you were going to go out and get a big man to teach your young guys about the game, who do you get?

I'd have killed for Uncle Cliffy, but that ship has sailed.

We know Thomas loves anybody he drafts... would he trade us Malik Rose for Jamaal Tinsley? Where's Rimfire?

Enjoy your time at PD!

I LOVE Malik Rose.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    I LOVE Malik Rose.
    He's also like 40 years old.

Hello

If you want a guy to teach our bigs how to play the game, look up in the rafters.

Mel Daniels ring a bell.

Why they don't already use him is beyond me. Scott mentioned Tank in anothr thread, that would be a good pickup as well. Between the 2 of them they would either teach Harrison how to play or kill him.

Ok, so if you were going to go out and get a big man to teach your young guys about the game, who do you get?

I'd have killed for Uncle Cliffy, but that ship has sailed.

We know Thomas loves anybody he drafts... would he trade us Malik Rose for Jamaal Tinsley? Where's Rimfire?
    I keep seeing people mention Isiah (NY) trading for Tinsley because Isiah would covet him. Why did Isiah send JO to management to demand they trade Tinsley if he's so infatuated with him???

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I keep seeing people mention Isiah (NY) trading for Tinsley because Isiah would covet him. Why did Isiah send JO to management to demand they trade Tinsley if he's so infatuated with him???

-Bball
    Why did JO say at seasons end that Tinsley is our starter?