Thread: Joe Johnson

Default Joe Johnson

I heard some Atlanta people were unhappy with the JJ signing, and looking for a PG that could distribute the ball to all their swingmen...Runi? Throw in Jax to add another scorer, plus Crosh for cap space:
    edit: Atlanta wouldn't bite, the more I think about it, but I'll leave it out there to see if it gets anyone thinking about other ideas.

Atlanta Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Tyronn Lue
    6-0 PG from Nebraska
    11.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 3.1 apg in 24.2 minutes
    Joe Johnson
    6-7 SG from Arkansas
    20.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.5 apg in 40.7 minutes
    Incoming
    Sarunas Jasikevicius
    6-4 SG from Maryland
    7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Austin Croshere
    6-10 PF from Providence
    8.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +0.7 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Sarunas Jasikevicius
    6-4 SG from Maryland
    7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Austin Croshere
    6-10 PF from Providence
    8.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.9 minutes
    Incoming
    Tyronn Lue
    6-0 PG from Nebraska
    11.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 3.1 apg in 24.2 minutes
    Joe Johnson
    6-7 SG from Arkansas
    20.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.5 apg in 40.7 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -0.7 ppg, -5.5 rpg, and +2.6 apg

Default Re: Joe Johnson

We should all get down on our knees and kiss the feet of Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird if that trade went down.

But that's not going to happen. The Hawks got rid of one of their owners and the Most Improved Player, Boris Diaw, so they could get Johnson. They're not going to let him go easily, and definitely not for a Runi/Jackson/Croshere combo.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In a heart beat.

Hey, Billy Knight still owes us for handing the 2004 ECFs to Detroit.

I'll take that trade without even thinking for a split second. Too bad it would make Atlanta look like supreme idiots.

You know who Atlanta should trade JJ for? That guy on the Suns, Diaw. Heck, maybe they could get a couple draft picks thrown in. That would be a great deal for Atlanta.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

This is the kind of "OutOfMyAss" trades Donnie will need if he plans on contending next season.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the kind of "OutOfMyAss" trades Donnie will need if he plans on contending next season.
    I personally think there's no possible way Atlanta would trade JJ for anything less than an equivilent player (and there's not many of those). I'd throw something together on the Trade Machine except that they're not going to want a collection of lesser players. They'll want a star. I don't think you could put together a trade for JJ that didn't include Granger.

That being said, if we got an SG like JJ, I'd be completely ok with keeping AJ as our starting point guard.

Just think, our backcourt could be "Big Johnson" and "Little Johnson."

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I personally think there's no possible way Atlanta would trade JJ for anything less than an equivilent player (and there's not many of those). I'd throw something together on the Trade Machine except that they're not going to want a collection of lesser players. They'll want a star. I don't think you could put together a trade for JJ that didn't include Granger.

That being said, if we got an SG like JJ, I'd be completely ok with keeping AJ as our starting point guard.

Just think, our backcourt could be "Big Johnson" and "Little Johnson."

You'd think not, but they're also the Atlanta Hawks. There's always hope.

And at the Johnson & Johnson backcourt.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    You'd think not, but they're also the Atlanta Hawks. There's always hope.

And at the Johnson & Johnson backcourt.
    Man, how did I miss that? Johnson & Johnson...

Seriously, if you can get that kind of SG, then AJ might be the perfect point guard for the team. But who's out there? If we'd struck at the trading deadline, I believe we could have gotten Paul Pierce. But now he's firmly entrenched in Boston. JJ ain't going nowhere. Same with Redd, TMac, Wade, Allen, and Kobe.

I really don't see a lot of upgrades from Jack, to be honest. I'm not sure what we'll do.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Only way you might see a Johnson and Johnson backcourt, involving the Hawks Johnson, is if JO were traded to Atlanta for JJ and Al in a sign and trade. Interested?

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Only way you might see a Johnson and Johnson backcourt, involving the Hawks Johnson, is if JO were traded to Atlanta for JJ and Al in a sign and trade. Interested?
    How... interesting. Al as the new starting PF?

Man, I just went and checked his stats. And I thought JO was a terrible rebounder.

That's really interesting, actually. Jermaine's got a home in Atlanta, right?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not only would the Hawks have to be insane to take this trade, but there is no way in the world that they would take Jack back. Never in a million years.