Thread: What NBA teams besides the Pacers will be looking to shake up their rosters

Default What NBA teams besides the Pacers will be looking to shake up their rosters

I think this is a good starting point in trying to figure out what trades might be available. One thing is the NBA has changed more than I want to admit, the days of post up basketball are over, now it is penetration that drives teams offense

Which playoff teams will be looking to make significant changes

1) Nuggets - they failed miserably in the first round and they need some outside shooting desparately. They will have a new GM and Karl might not be back for family reasons. They will look to dump Martin and several other players. They aren't happy at all with Andre Miller. Pacers already had significant conversations with them this last seasons. Definite trade partner possiblities

2) Grizzlies - They are 0-11 in the playoffs. They need a dynamic offensive force from the perimeter to advance. I don't foresee a ton of changes, but they will look for what I describe.

3) Bucks - I don't see many changes coming. Some talk that they might trade Magloire and we know the Pacers offered Jeff and Cro for him at the start of this season, but I think he is overrated and not really any better than Jeff.

4) Bulls - Some say they will trade Gordon and they might but they won't just give him away. I'd much rather have Hinrick, wow I'd love to have him. I think the Bulls really like the core of their team. They won't trade Deng or Noc even though I'd love to have either of them. Chandler might be available but they likely will want too much for an injury prone non-offensive player.

5) Kings - Wells is a free agent. Brad was horrible in this series and Bibby wasn't much better. They seem like a strange mismash of players. I don't know what they will do

6) Well either the Lakers or Suns will lose tonight. We know the Pacers had a lot of conversations with the Lakers this past season. Is Odom available, what of we included J.O in the talks and had them include Bynum - not realistic, but who knows.

7) the other team to lose in the first round was the Wizards - they need defense and a new coach. Jefferies is a FA, I would like to have him. I don't see the Wiz trading their big three unless they decide that Jamison has to go.

We know the lottery teams will be looking to make changes, maybe someone else can go through those teams. The 8 teams still playing - unlikely we will trade with those teams.

Banned

Default Re: What NBA teams besides the Pacers will be looking to shake up their rosters

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6) Well either the Lakers or Suns will lose tonight. We know the Pacers had a lot of conversations with the Lakers this past season. Is Odom available, what of we included J.O in the talks and had them include Bynum - not realistic, but who knows.

I expect the Lakers to stand pat either way..but I wouldn't object to Odom for JO. Odom could play the floor and take care of the ball-handling duties (especially when Saras is in teh game)

The problem for the Lakers (even though they're probably getting the better player) is that it puts the ball-handling responsiblity back on Kobe because that isn't Smush's strong point. With Luke improving, though, he would take the high-post touches that Lamar usually creates out of.

I'd be shocked though if the Lakers didn't stand pat and just add their draft pick and another veteran guard.

Default Re: What NBA teams besides the Pacers will be looking to shake up their rosters

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    I expect the Lakers to stand pat either way..but I wouldn't object to Odom for JO. Odom could play the floor and take care of the ball-handling duties (especially when Saras is in teh game)
    You think this team is bad now then how would you feel with a lineup including someone that is not even close to JOs ability and another 'soon to become great' centre.

I really dont know how on earth you can agree with Odom for JO.

Players I would go for from the teams Uncle Buck mentioned would be:

Melo: Because we need a game changer, someone who steps up in vital moments of games.
    Miller: Good point guard. Doesnt mind not being a main player.
    Wells: Good defensive player, makes good decisions, doesnt mind not being the main player.
    Gordon: Great player already, can carry a team through the fourth. However sometimes tries to hard.
    Diaw: Least likely to get traded out of the 4 players but maybe worht a try.

I would not trade JO or Granger for any of these players. The rest of this team can be traded especially Jackson.
    My Dream Team

PG - A.Iverson
    SG - K.Bryant
    SF - R.Artest
    PF - J.O'Neal
    C - D.Howard

Seems like a lot of the teams are in need of the same things that we could use, perimeter shooting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J_2_Da_IzzO
    You think this team is bad now then how would you feel with a lineup including someone that is not even close to JOs ability and another 'soon to become great' centre.

I really dont know how on earth you can agree with Odom for JO.

Um, I wouldn't give you Bynum and Odom..just Odom. You're mistaking me for a Pacer fan. I'm a Laker fan.

Warriors should be looking for change.

Toronto probably. I think they should make a run at Peja. They could play Peja, Charlie V, and Bosh in the frontcourt. It's small but high-scoring, like their new GM is looking for I think.

The Hornets are another team that you'd think would be interested in Peja. Paul could set him up for shots all game long.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The problem for the Lakers (even though they're probably getting the better player) is that it puts the ball-handling responsiblity back on Kobe because that isn't Smush's strong point. With Luke improving, though, he would take the high-post touches that Lamar usually creates out of.

I'd be shocked though if the Lakers didn't stand pat and just add their draft pick and another veteran guard.
    You know who would be great on the Lakers?

Anthony Johnson.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Unclebuck said:

One thing is the NBA has changed more than I want to admit, the days of post up basketball are over, now it is penetration that drives teams offense
    Thats what made Tinsley a better point then AJ. Its a shame that he can't stay healthy. AJ started doing this more in the 2nd half of the season.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Wink Re: What NBA teams besides the Pacers will be looking to shake up their rosters

Um, I wouldn't give you Bynum and Odom..just Odom. You're mistaking me for a Pacer fan. I'm a Laker fan.
    No, it was pretty obvious from the absurdity of your trade idea.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I think the Nuggets and Warriors could be the sides we would most likely talk to, depending on what Donnie and Larry are planning behind the scenes.

IF they just want to plug some holes and get some problem cases out of Indy then Denver and Golden State seem like good trading partners.

IF they want to ... almost totally re-start the team from JO and on and just keeping a few pieces then the Knicks would be the ones they most likely would talk too I guess.

I was wondering if we could sign Peja to a 50-55$ mln dollar contract, add Tinsley and a second rounder send it to Denver and then get back from the Nuggets something like Andre Miller and a resigned Francisco Elson? Is such a deal possible? What would be the conditions that would have to be met for it to work? Probably has to be within 15% of each other in dollarvalue, but whatelse? I'm not a master of the CBA and its extrapolites.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws