Thread: Wild idea

Mood

Default Wild idea

Re-sign Peja, assume his first year is around $10mm. Ship him to PHO, where he'd flourish at the 3 for them, and we get James Jones and Kurt Thomas.

Default Re: Wild idea

I don't know about James Jones, but I do like this one...

I'd do either. I made missing JJ threads, but I dont know if you bring an old player back. Its kind of like re-marrying.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Mood

Hey, he's a good kid, we didn't trade him because of anything he did wrong, and we've done it before with other Pacers.

I wouldn't mind JJ either, and I think he'd be great to bring off the bench as a shooter. However I like my trade scenario because it at least gives us a starting 2-guard that knows how to play within his role. Not to mention he's a hard nosed defender and is a damn good shooter - especially from around 17' range.

Quote Originally Posted by larry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd do either. I made missing JJ threads, but I dont know if you bring an old player back. Its kind of like re-marrying.
    Yeah, cause that's would never work.

(Dale Davis, Mark Jackson, Lasalle Thompson. All key cogs for us both times around? Ring a bell?)

I see zero problem with re-acquiring JJ: young talented, upside and a known player in the organization.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The trade would also give us two large expiring contracts for next season, Croshere's and Thomas's. It also locks in Bell for 4 years with a very reasonable contract.

I especially like the trade because it brings back two very good defenders. Thomas is capable of defending the PF/C positions while also being able to hit a mid-range jump shot. Bell is a very good defender at SG while also being one of the best percentage shooters in the league at 2FG and 3FG at that position.

The only thing is that the trade as defined would have to be made before the option of Peja's contract kicks in. The trade would probably have to be made with Peja's agreement that re would re-sign with the Suns, or at least that he would not exercise his option this year.

The Suns would also have to be willing to depart with two of their better defenders. From the Pacer's perspective, it would probably take that much to get Bell and Thomas. There's a lot going against the trade, but I definitely like the trade for the Pacers.

The one thing it doesn't do for the Pacers is get rid of Tinsley. That probably means that in getting rid of Tinsley, we would have to package a player with him that we really don't want to get rid of... like Foster.

PHX might be more willing to part w/ Raja after his clothesline of Bryant in the playoffs. Maybe we could give them back their 2nd rounder for 2083 to sweeten the deal

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the second trade. Bell is good, and Thomas is solid - and the expiring contract. Anything that gets rid of SJax is good, and Peja would fit in well with the high-flying, fast-paced PHX offense.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

We can also find a way to add in Barbosa and Tinsley. Barbosa would probably be a sign and trade as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy
    We can also find a way to add in Barbosa and Tinsley. Barbosa would probably be a sign and trade as well.
    Yeah, that's what I was going to say.

I'd be willing to do a trade like this:

Barbosa
    JJ or Raja
    Kurt

for

Jack
    Tins
    Foster

I'm not pro trading Foster, but this is one deal where I'd send him packing in an instant.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    Yeah, that's what I was going to say.

I'd be willing to do a trade like this:

Barbosa
    JJ or Raja
    Kurt

for

Jack
    Tins
    Foster

I'm not pro trading Foster, but this is one deal where I'd send him packing in an instant.
    Also a deal that we can be sure that would send Phoenix's fans into a collective seizure. No way the Suns do this.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

They might do the first, while the second is surreal... We can use Tinsley somewhere as a throw in - that's his worth now...

I still think we could move Tinsley for Malik Rose. True, NY has plenty of point guards, but you've got to believe Thomas is going to move them this summer.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would do any of these deals in this thread in a heartbeat. I think they take care of a lot of our issues chemistry and bball wise. Although Raja is a bit of a risk for mental stability after his clothesline of Kobe. I like Barbosa also, but I doubt PHX parts with him.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I hope PHO will be a trading partner with us this summer, they have several players who i wouldn't mind having.
    I was ready for Josh Smith to go to Indiana, but he went to the NBA. I am ready for him to come to Indiana once again.