Thread: Colt's select Joseph Addai Rb LSU

Default Colt's select Joseph Addai Rb LSU

6-0 215lbs.

Charles Robinson (yahoo!) analysis:

Addai fits the Colts' scheme perfectly. He's got a good combination of size and speed, and is more of a north-south guy than trying to get too creative. He factors into the passing game, and most importantly, is adept at pass blocking. He's been one of the hardest workers at LSU the last few years. He has had some concerns with knee issues in college. - 4:53 pm EDT

Default Re: Colt's select Joseph Addai Rb LSU

I thought the first round was all about impact players. Is Addai going to be one of those guys? If not, would they have been better off gambling on LenDale White?

I was high on Maroney, but a couple days ago I heard Robert Smith on SportsBash. Eric asked him to break down the RB's after Bush, and he panned Maroney, saying he was simply a product of his OL. The only back he said good things about was Addai, said whoever got him would get a steal.

I think he will fit our system, but at best he'll just be a good back. I sure hope Smith was right about Maroney, after the ****ing Patriots drafted him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was high on Maroney, but a couple days ago I heard Robert Smith on SportsBash. Eric asked him to break down the RB's after Bush, and he panned Maroney, saying he was simply a product of his OL. The only back he said good things about was Addai, said whoever got him would get a steal.

I think he will fit our system, but at best he'll just be a good back. I sure hope Smith was right about Maroney, after the ****ing Patriots drafted him.
    That being said, and considering that the Colts could really, really use a piledriving back in the mold of Bettis, would it have been better to take a gamble on LenDale White? He's most likely not going to be there when the Colts pick in the 2nd round, just seems like you swing for the fences in a situation where your line is much better at pass protection than run blocking, and essentially, your chances of a title hinge on you getting a guy that can move the chains.

If you really want a smashmouth runner, you better get rid of Tom Moore first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    If you really want a smashmouth runner, you better get rid of Tom Moore first.
    Ha! I don't want anything but a WR and some secondary help. But then again, I'm a Chiefs fan. You can consider me to be the Kstat of this board. I was just putting myself in the Colts shoes for a minute. I'm still waiting for offense to turn to defense for the Colts, meaning, I think Polian has a plan to suck in all the casual fans with offense, get them hooked on football, then turn the team into a ball-control offense, which is what you need to win.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Addai is a power back. He can get the tough yards. And the biggest thing about him is that he can block and while i dont want to blame anyone specific, you guys had some problems with protection in the playoffs. Addai will fit in well with the Colts, but he is no Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by JO4MVP2006
    you guys had some problems with protection in the playoffs.
    That's like saying New Orleans had some problems with water after Katrina.

I really don't know much about this guy but it sounds like he will fit in well with the Colts. It will be interesting to see what kind of an impact he has this season, if any.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A friend told me that some sports news service said that the only reason that the patriots chose maroney was so that the colts would'nt get hime - i just thought that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE
    A friend told me that some sports news service said that the only reason that the patriots chose maroney was so that the colts would'nt get hime - i just thought that was hilarious.
    Actually, Maroney has been on the Patriots draft board for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Actually, Maroney has been on the Patriots draft board for a long time.
    Their one weakness is an every down power back. Now it's time to see if they got one or if that vaunted Minny O-Line made him look better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    Their one weakness is an every down power back. Now it's time to see if they got one or if that vaunted Minny O-Line made him look better than he is.
    The Pats lucked out on grabbing Chad Jackson. On any other team, he would have probably been a bust. He should be a solid #2 next to Branch next year.

Maroney should be decent enough but I wouldn't expect him to get alot of carries unless Dillon has nagging injuries this year...or if he's just to old to be good. Dillon probably puts up 1000 yards this season assuming he stays healthy and this is his last decent season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Addai only scored a 10 on the Wonderlic, that worries me. We're gonna have to get him a picture menu instead of a playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushmouth
    Addai only scored a 10 on the Wonderlic, that worries me. We're gonna have to get him a picture menu instead of a playbook.
    Hey, Forrest Gump was the best back in Alabama history, don't worry about it.