Thread: Can I get NBA updates by cell phone for game 4 (sort of OT)

Default Can I get NBA updates by cell phone for game 4 (sort of OT)

The problem:

Tomorrow I will be at Disney World (hey, a good problem to have).

Disney is very good at isolating you from the outside world-- no TVs in the restaurants or shops, for example. I was there one day during the NCAA tournament and there was no way to tell the games were being played.

I can guarantee you that between 3 and 6 PM I'll be in line or riding rides with the kids at Animal Kingdom, and not in some nearby sports bar.

The game is not on ESPN radio, so I can't listen to it by walkman.

I searched around the net to see if there was a service where I could make a cell phone call and get an NBA score (specifically, Pacers-Nets game 4). Yahoo sports has a service to send scores by text messages, but my phone is not supported. Several other places do this too, but charge a lot and require a monthly fee and/or long-term contract.

Does anybody here know of a phone number to call to get live NBA game updates? Preferably it would be free or cheap.

I guess I can always set the VCR and watch the game on Sunday, but I can't imagine that I could refrain from knowing the result.

As a fallback, if someone could volunteer to text message me a score after every quarter, I would be grateful. Please send me a private message and I'll send you my cell number.

P.S. I'm a Verizon customer, so the text message would be free for another Verizon person.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).
    I'm (maybe) back after being repetedly banned, merely for supporting a different NFL team than do certain forum moderators.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Can I get NBA updates by cell phone for game 4 (sort of OT)

If you have verizon, you can download an ESPN sportscenter type of thing.

It was like $3.99 for a subscription, and it gives you a running score, that updates periodically.

I used it all of last year, but got rid of it, so I'm really not sure if they still offer.

Default Re: Can I get NBA updates by cell phone for game 4 (sort of OT)

Thanks...

It looks like Yahoo sports might work for me after all. My phone wasn't listed and they said it wouldn't be supported, but their set-up text message came through.

They are supposed to send me a score after every quarter.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).
    I'm (maybe) back after being repetedly banned, merely for supporting a different NFL team than do certain forum moderators.