Thread: Time for a major shakeup....

Default Time for a major shakeup....

Unless we play detroit in the conference finals....

Here's what Larry and/or Donnie will/should do in the offseason and should say to the players:

First things first:

JERMAINE: I'm trading you. You are a good guy, but not worth the money. With the rule changes, this is a guard oriented league, and i for one will not tolerate paying you this kind of money any longer.

You are always injured for the reg season and you can't stay out of foul trouble in the playoffs. Neither are YOUR fault but it is what it is. We could have 5-6 dale davis's for what we pay for you.

A.J. I'm sorry but I want a new starting backcourt, I love what you have done and you would be a superb backup, but you gotta give to get, and YOU GOTTA GO, you and of coarse::

JAMAAL, I don't want you around anymore, Who on earth is going to take a chance on you? I don't know but i don't want you here. I'm sick and tired of all your **** injuries. I'd rather eat your salary then have you here anymore. Hey Isiah, please take this guy off of our hands.

Fred Jones, talk to you later, U Gotta go, YOU have been excellent in the first 2 games of the Jersey series, BUT you have been too inconsistent in the reg season for me to keep you around.

It's not that i think you are a bad player, but you are going to want 6-8 million and i sure as hell am not paying you that until you learn how to PASS at least a little bit, my god, you have to be the worst passing guard in the league, so don't let the door hit ya on the *** on the way out.

JAX, i AM NOT trading you, HOWEVER, you are now relagated to a backup role on this team, You are my new sixth man. I hope you accept and relish in this role,
    I'm getting rid of the injury plagued players on this team so you will probably not have much of an opportunity to start many games, however, you never know what can happen because we SEEM to be cursed, if you do not choose to Accept your new role, YOU WILL BE TRADED,

PEJA, You want 12 million? You are kidding, We have overpaid way too many players in our day, it's gotta stop,

I love your shooting, god how i love it, but YOU are not worth what you are asking, shooters are hard to find but you would be eating way too much cap space and granger is ready to take your position anyway, GRANGER will be worth 12 million someday, but you are not,

I'm not giving you more than 8 million a year for 2 years, take it or leave it, I'm ASSUMING you will leave it so you better start packing,

RICK, You are staying unless i can find someone better to replace you, sort of like what Joe did to you, But one more year of underachieving and you WILL be let go, even if i have to coach the team myself.

POLLARD, I am signing you to the league minimum because you are funny and i like the way you play, if you don't like it go elsewhere, no one's gonna pay you for your bad back, you've been ripping us off for the last 3 years with your salary

Next years lineup should look something like this:

new pg via trade/Sarunas/FA
    new sg via trade/JAX
    Granger/JAX/draftpick
    new pf FA /foster/granger/croshere
    Harrison/foster/pollard

Default Re: Time for a major shakeup....

Well then thank God you're not the GM

We need to clean house and build around Eddie Gill at the powerforward spot.

Welcome back, Babcock.

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    We need to clean house and build around Eddie Gill at the powerforward spot.
    That's ridiculous. Everyone knows Eddie thrives at the 3.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Don't invest too much emotion in the above players because most if not all will be gone this off season.

I don't want to be right. I hope they go on a big run. But I don't want to put up with anymore mediocre seasons.

Isiah, we already told you. We are NOT going to give our players away!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I mean I like the idea of restructuring. But maybe not so dreastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    That's ridiculous. Everyone knows Eddie thrives at the 3.
    To be honest, he thrives at any position. He played some minutes at center in Weber State and blocked 3 shots in 4 seconds. Not only that, he is a beast in the paint and has some good post up moves..But he definitely plays his best ball at the 3 spot where he can do a little of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    To be honest, he thrives at any position. He played some minutes at center in Weber State and blocked 3 shots in 4 seconds. Not only that, he is a beast in the paint and has some good post up moves..But he definitely plays his best ball at the 3 spot where he can do a little of everything.
    Kinda like Bender.

What?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtysomethin
    Unless we play detroit in the conference finals....

Here's what Larry and/or Donnie will/should do in the offseason and should say to the players:

First things first:

JERMAINE: I'm trading you. You are a good guy, but not worth the money. With the rule changes, this is a guard oriented league, and i for one will not tolerate paying you this kind of money any longer.

You are always injured for the reg season and you can't stay out of foul trouble in the playoffs. Neither are YOUR fault but it is what it is. We could have 5-6 dale davis's for what we pay for you.

A.J. I'm sorry but I want a new starting backcourt, I love what you have done and you would be a superb backup, but you gotta give to get, and YOU GOTTA GO, you and of coarse::

JAMAAL, I don't want you around anymore, Who on earth is going to take a chance on you? I don't know but i don't want you here. I'm sick and tired of all your **** injuries. I'd rather eat your salary then have you here anymore. Hey Isiah, please take this guy off of our hands.

Fred Jones, talk to you later, U Gotta go, YOU have been excellent in the first 2 games of the Jersey series, BUT you have been too inconsistent in the reg season for me to keep you around.

It's not that i think you are a bad player, but you are going to want 6-8 million and i sure as hell am not paying you that until you learn how to PASS at least a little bit, my god, you have to be the worst passing guard in the league, so don't let the door hit ya on the *** on the way out.

JAX, i AM NOT trading you, HOWEVER, you are now relagated to a backup role on this team, You are my new sixth man. I hope you accept and relish in this role,
    I'm getting rid of the injury plagued players on this team so you will probably not have much of an opportunity to start many games, however, you never know what can happen because we SEEM to be cursed, if you do not choose to Accept your new role, YOU WILL BE TRADED,

PEJA, You want 12 million? You are kidding, We have overpaid way too many players in our day, it's gotta stop,

I love your shooting, god how i love it, but YOU are not worth what you are asking, shooters are hard to find but you would be eating way too much cap space and granger is ready to take your position anyway, GRANGER will be worth 12 million someday, but you are not,

I'm not giving you more than 8 million a year for 2 years, take it or leave it, I'm ASSUMING you will leave it so you better start packing,

RICK, You are staying unless i can find someone better to replace you, sort of like what Joe did to you, But one more year of underachieving and you WILL be let go, even if i have to coach the team myself.

POLLARD, I am signing you to the league minimum because you are funny and i like the way you play, if you don't like it go elsewhere, no one's gonna pay you for your bad back, you've been ripping us off for the last 3 years with your salary

Next years lineup should look something like this:

new pg via trade/Sarunas/FA
    new sg via trade/JAX
    Granger/JAX/draftpick
    new pf FA /foster/granger/croshere
    Harrison/foster/pollard
    A guard-oriented league? That's why San Antonio and Dallas, two of the best three records in the NBA this season, are focused on two PF/C players. Oh, and don't forget, they've got a complete team, just like Detriot who's team runs through Billups, not as a scorer but as a leader.

A lot of people say that we should trade JO, and I just will not jump on that bandwagon. Tinsley, SJax, and Freddie...then AJ as well, should be gotten rid of if possible. If Peja doesn't want a stupid amount of money, I think we should give him a two-three year deal, but he's got to split minutes with Danny, because to bury him would be simply unforgivable.

Some of that I agreed with, but wow, it's a lot. I guess, if you go, go big. But, wow, that's REALLY BIG. I'm sure DW and LB are thinking about this very same stuff now.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Gill had 20 games with 40+ pts in high school. He owns that schools record book

And remember how good he looked at Weber State ... yeah I know Arceneaux (sp?) was the stud there but Gill was averaging something like 14/5/5 . His problem is that he peaked at around 20 years old. He was playing some BALL in that sweet 16 run they had though, I always liked him in college and thought it was pretty cool when he came to the Pacers.... but he's such a non factor that it's almost laughable now.

1 on 1 at the playground I'd bet he'd kick all your asses though!!!! lol

AND.... his wife is straight up smokin hot! Any of you guys ever seen her.... a babe to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    A guard-oriented league? That's why San Antonio and Dallas, two of the best three records in the NBA this season, are focused on two PF/C players. Oh, and don't forget, they've got a complete team, just like Detriot who's team runs through Billups, not as a scorer but as a leader.

A lot of people say that we should trade JO, and I just will not jump on that bandwagon. Tinsley, SJax, and Freddie...then AJ as well, should be gotten rid of if possible. If Peja doesn't want a stupid amount of money, I think we should give him a two-three year deal, but he's got to split minutes with Danny, because to bury him would be simply unforgivable.

Some of that I agreed with, but wow, it's a lot. I guess, if you go, go big. But, wow, that's REALLY BIG. I'm sure DW and LB are thinking about this very same stuff now.
    I think guards who can create have become much much more important. Look at SA, they have Parker, who was probably their MVP this year, and Ginobili.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

We won't lose that many players. It's hard to get rid of that many players in Dynasty Mode in NBA Live for a respectable player in return let alone in real life.

If we're really going to go through that many players, if I were the GM, I'd make sure this team got some proven winners in return. I'm talking players with serious playoff experience, players with NBA championship experience, players with some good coaching and success in the college ranks, and players who are looking to take advantage of an opportunity to win. Not players who have their millions in their pockets already and play like everything else that comes to them is a luxury.

I feel we do need one true superstar with some experience with winning, but other than that, I'm ok with not getting the best individual talent out there. I just want to see a real team go out and give 100% night in and night out (see: Chicago Bulls).

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I think guards who can create have become much much more important. Look at SA, they have Parker, who was probably their MVP this year, and Ginobili.
    I think the more important part, and I suppose I didn't really stress it in my post, is that it's a team-oriented league. Even if you've got guards that are amazing, you still need a team to win. I could see where the NBA wants it to be a guard-dominated league, with the commercials and special attention that stars like Kobe, DWade, Nash and Arenas get. But, in the end, it's TEAMS that win, like SA, Detriot, and Dallas.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

I think the more important part, and I suppose I didn't really stress it in my post, is that it's a team-oriented league. Even if you've got guards that are amazing, you still need a team to win. I could see where the NBA wants it to be a guard-dominated league, with the commercials and special attention that stars like Kobe, DWade, Nash and Arenas get. But, in the end, it's TEAMS that win, like SA, Detriot, and Dallas.
    I'm not saying big guys aren't importent, they are, but it seems they let fouls on post up players go whereas they make every foul call on the guard who drives to the basket, outside you can't touch them and inside you can drape all over them

I'm not saying big guys aren't importent, they are, but it seems they let fouls on post up players go whereas they make every foul call on the guard who drives to the basket, outside you can't touch them and inside you can drape all over them

One or two players will be traded. There won't be 5 or 6 players traded.