Thread: Question to any Toronto Area Pacer fans?

Sports Logo

Default Question to any Toronto Area Pacer fans?

I'm gonna be up in the Toronto area from Wednesday to Saturday. Here in the States, we can catch the games on TNT and NBATv. I don't know if Roger's CableVision even gets TNT...much less NBATv. For those Pacer fans that live in the Toronto area.....what channel ( if any ) are you to watch the Pacer games?

Any help would be appreciated.

Worse comes to worse...I can pay for it through the NBA audio pass.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

PaCeRs_MaNiAc

Default Re: Question to any Toronto Area Pacer fans?

Why don't you hit a bar...

sweabs

Hey Cable, I think I can help you out in this area. First of all, have you ever been to Toronto? You should love it...it's too bad the Leafs didn't make playoffs; otherwise you could have witnessed something fun. But they sucked all year long, so anyway!

You are in Toronto from Wednesday to Saturday. That means you will get to watch our Tuesday game at home...which is a good thing, because that is on NBATV and that's going to be difficult to catch up here on television.

Now, for Game 3, I just used the "guide/TV schedule" on my own TV and also referred to an online schedule and they both said it will be played on TSN (Canada's equivalent of ESPN). You will get that on your TV in the hotel room easily. It's basic cable. That's a very good thing, and seems like a first, because usually NBATV games are only broadcasted on "Raptors TV" - which requires satellite. If for some reason my schedules are wrong (but I doubt they are), I'll tell you what to do...but I think you should be safe.

Game 4 on Saturday is going to be broadcasted on TNT apparently, and that one *could* be a little more difficult to catch. You're going to want to tune into "The SCORE" network to watch that one, who will just simulcast TNT's broadcast. However, the SCORE is part of a "specialty package" that you can get added to your basic cable. I'm pretty sure MOST hotels have it...but I am just being cautious. If they don't, you will easily be able to get any bar/grill place nearby to show this game - most people have the channel.

=============================================
    Now, this is just in case the game on Thursday (Game 3) is not on TSN like it says it will be. I'm sure it will be, but like I said, I'm just being cautious.

Canada doesn't get NBA League Pass - it's impossible unless you get DirectTV which is illegal up here (don't ask me why). We also don't get NBATV as a result. However, what we have is something called "Raptors NBA-TV".

"Raptors NBA-TV" mostly plays Raptors-related stuff throughout the day (old games, interviews, highlights, etc.), and also plays some miscellaneous NBA-shows (NBA Action, NBA Inside Access, etc.). But at night, they always simulcast what NBATV is showing...so once our game begins on Thursday night, Raptors NBA-TV is essentially NBATV, with pre-game stuff and all.

Now, I can almost guarantee that your hotel room will not have Raptors NBATV available on your set. I guarantee that. What you need to do is find a bar/grill that's closeby who will have Raptors NBATV. You can start calling around on Wednesday when you arrive, and ask if they get Raptors NBATV. They most likely will if they have Rogers Digital Cable or Bell ExpressVu...so if they have those (which they probably will), just ask if they will be showing the game on Thursday night. Most bars have either one (Digital cable or ExpressVu) so I think you should be safe. Just call ahead of time to find out which bar/grill has it, and which one is close by and looks nice.

====================================

Okay, so in summary:

Thursday, Game 3 = TSN
    Saturday, Game 4 = The SCORE

Your hotel room should get both - what kind of hotel is it?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_MaNiAc
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't you hit a bar...
    I'm gonna be doing some work remotely on Saturday. Also...I doubt that there is too much interest in the Pacers/Nets game in any local Toronto bar. I would guess that the Leafs game would be on or something.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I would guess that the Leafs game would be on or something.
    God, if only that were true. What an embarassing season...

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

if I were KC, I'd be hesitant to switch to a Canadian channel called "The Score" on my hotel room television. God only knows what those goofy, liberated Canadians do on a channel like that.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Hey Cable, I think I can help you out in this area. First of all, have you ever been to Toronto? You should love it...it's too bad the Leafs didn't make playoffs; otherwise you could have witnessed something fun. But they sucked all year long, so anyway!

You are in Toronto from Wednesday to Saturday. That means you will get to watch our Tuesday game at home...which is a good thing, because that is on NBATV and that's going to be difficult to catch up here on television.

Now, for Game 3, I just used the "guide/TV schedule" on my own TV and also referred to an online schedule and they both said it will be played on TSN (Canada's equivalent of ESPN). You will get that on your TV in the hotel room easily. It's basic cable. That's a very good thing, and seems like a first, because usually NBATV games are only broadcasted on "Raptors TV" - which requires satellite. If for some reason my schedules are wrong (but I doubt they are), I'll tell you what to do...but I think you should be safe.

Game 4 on Saturday is going to be broadcasted on TNT apparently, and that one *could* be a little more difficult to catch. You're going to want to tune into "The SCORE" network to watch that one, who will just simulcast TNT's broadcast. However, the SCORE is part of a "specialty package" that you can get added to your basic cable. I'm pretty sure MOST hotels have it...but I am just being cautious. If they don't, you will easily be able to get any bar/grill place nearby to show this game - most people have the channel.

=============================================
    Now, this is just in case the game on Thursday (Game 3) is not on TSN like it says it will be. I'm sure it will be, but like I said, I'm just being cautious.

Canada doesn't get NBA League Pass - it's impossible unless you get DirectTV which is illegal up here (don't ask me why). We also don't get NBATV as a result. However, what we have is something called "Raptors NBA-TV".

"Raptors NBA-TV" mostly plays Raptors-related stuff throughout the day (old games, interviews, highlights, etc.), and also plays some miscellaneous NBA-shows (NBA Action, NBA Inside Access, etc.). But at night, they always simulcast what NBATV is showing...so once our game begins on Thursday night, Raptors NBA-TV is essentially NBATV, with pre-game stuff and all.

Now, I can almost guarantee that your hotel room will not have Raptors NBATV available on your set. I guarantee that. What you need to do is find a bar/grill that's closeby who will have Raptors NBATV. You can start calling around on Wednesday when you arrive, and ask if they get Raptors NBATV. They most likely will if they have Rogers Digital Cable or Bell ExpressVu...so if they have those (which they probably will), just ask if they will be showing the game on Thursday night. Most bars have either one (Digital cable or ExpressVu) so I think you should be safe. Just call ahead of time to find out which bar/grill has it, and which one is close by and looks nice.

====================================

Okay, so in summary:

Thursday, Game 3 = TSN
    Saturday, Game 4 = The SCORE

Your hotel room should get both - what kind of hotel is it?
    Thanks...I will look into that. I will be staying with relatives up there...so I should be able to get the TSN channel. Hopefully one of my cousin's house has "The Score" TV channel.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    if I were KC, I'd be hesitant to switch to a Canadian channel called "The Score" on my hotel room television. God only knows what those goofy, liberated Canadians do on a channel like that.

If I were staying at a hotel by myself...I wouldn't mind turning to a channel called "The Score".

But I digress....

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204

You're right. After midnight, the whole thing turns into hot and steamy montage featuring manly lumberjacks and beaver.......

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Thanks...I will look into that. I will be staying with relatives up there...so I should be able to get the TSN channel. Hopefully one of my cousin's house has "The Score" TV channel.
    I'd be very surprised if they didn't have the Score...most people do, and it might even be a part included in cable packages now as it has gained a lot of popularity (maybe that has more to do with the after-midnight specials though).

Sports Logo

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have the Score...most people do, and it might even be a part included in cable packages now as it has gained a lot of popularity (maybe that has more to do with the after-midnight specials though).
    I just checked with my cousin...he has both channels. Now...all I have to do is figure out a way to slip away from my wife for a couple of hours....

Raptors TV is HD too

Dunno if the game is being broadcast in HD but it's probably a good bet it is so having an HDTV would be nice.

I'd have to check my programming guide but it seems like there is a TSN HD as well...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I'd have to check my programming guide but it seems like there is a TSN HD as well...

-Bball
    There is...but stop rubbing in the HD stuff. Not all of us have HD-sets yet.......

By the way - how do you know this stuff?

Great restaurant in downtown Toronto - Marche's. Its pretty famous so you should be able to ask your hotel for directions.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    Great restaurant in downtown Toronto - Marche's. Its pretty famous so you should be able to ask your hotel for directions.
    You've been to Marche's? Man I love that place. I go there after every Raptors game...it's very close to the ACC.

Last time I went, I met Alex English who was eating at the table beside me.

Ya, great place. The food and atmosphere are unbeatable - one of my favorite restaurants in the world.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

We have a Marche's in Chicago, too.

We had a $1,600 team dinner/ happy hour there last fall. Ahh... expense accounts.

Jay, what team are you with?

And is this the same Marche's? I thought I knew Chicago like the back of my hand but I never knew there was a Marche's there. I don't think it could be the same one as in Toronto? Where is it at in Chitown?

Randolph and Halsted.

That area is booming - its the north end of Greektown.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/s...,1801876.venue

Vivo and Red Light are on the same intersection; there used to be a Bar Louie at that intersection as well but that has changed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

threaten to conquer their country if they dont turn on the pacers game for you...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You've been to Marche's? Man I love that place. I go there after every Raptors game...it's very close to the ACC.

Last time I went, I met Alex English who was eating at the table beside me.
    I saw Davey Jones there once (the Monkees).... Dude was like 3 feet tall. Great place, but Toronto is chock full of good restaurants.