Thread: Best Mod Chip for X-Box?

Default Best Mod Chip for X-Box?

I don't play games on the X-Box, so I'm not interested in pirating stuff. I would, however, like to replace my current media thin client (MediaMVP) with a thick client (XBMC). Reliability trumps feature set, and ease of use (i.e., no-solder) beats price. That said, I'd rather not pay more than I have to.

What are your favorite modchips for the XBox? There's a comparison here, but it's almost too much info for me. I'm looking at the X-Lite:

http://www.xboxscene.com/modchips4_table.htm
    This space for rent.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Best Mod Chip for X-Box?

Eh, I dunno about mod chips, my suggestion, wait for Zesty's reply, he's good at this area.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

sweabs

Man, it's been so long since I've had a chance to play on my Xbox (less than one week left of finals...less than one week left of finals...), that I actually forget the name of the modchip I had installed. But it is awesome - I haven't had any problems, and for a n00bie like me, it was real easy to get around with.

Maybe Zesty remembers the name of it since I bothered him with so many questions at the start

Zesty

Sorry, I wasn't avoiding this thread and I am not sure you still need the help, I just haven't been around the boards much this season. This is apparently the first time I've logged in since before the end of March.

Anywho, I would recommend the Xecuter 3 CE. I have installed four modchips (one of my own, three for other people) and Xecuter is the only kind I have ever used, so I don't an opinion on any other kind. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I wasn't avoiding this thread and I am not sure you still need the help, I just haven't been around the boards much this season. This is apparently the first time I've logged in since before the end of March.

Anywho, I would recommend the Xecuter 3 CE. I have installed four modchips (one of my own, three for other people) and Xecuter is the only kind I have ever used, so I don't an opinion on any other kind. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Is that the one that gives you Slayer's EvoX? Because that's what I have and it works great. I've just now had the time to get back into playing.

Doom 3 =

Zesty

The Slayer's EvoX installer will work on a number of modchips.