Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... Chicago

Default So... Chicago

Any chance they'd win tomorrow? I can't really think of any. The worsed thing they could do is hurt JO's knee again.

I think we'll have a bit of the cruise effect that we had yesterday, but will again turn it on late to win by 10+

diego

Default Re: So... Chicago

I hope we rest some players , but still pull out a win. I just dont want to end such a great regualr season with a loss, especially to a crap team. I think even if we rest JO and Reggie, we should still pull out a win easily.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I ALMOST wish we had lost that Philly game. We've fallen into a trap of waiting until the last quater to play. I kinda believe we needed to lose that one to teach us a lesson and get the boys back on track.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Win or lose, the game is 100% meaningless to us. Rest ALL of the starters and give the deep bench some serious minutes.

I ALMOST wish we had lost that Philly game. We've fallen into a trap of waiting until the last quater to play. I kinda believe we needed to lose that one to teach us a lesson and get the boys back on track.
    I think we'll be okay. If we face the Celtics/Bucks/Pistons we have demons to exorcize against ALL of them.

Win or lose, the game is 100% meaningless to us. Rest ALL of the starters and give the deep bench some serious minutes.
    Yes...I could see us treating this like a preseason game
    the starters come out...play a bit and then ride the bench.

I think Rick should give JB lots of mins (if he's ready)

I HATE CHICAGO!!!!!! IT IS SO FREAKIN COLD HERE!

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm all for J.O. and Artest sitting this one out. It doesn't matter one bit whether they win or lose.

61 wins is nice but not at the expense of someone getting hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

1. you can only prevent Artest playing by very few means, one being braking both his legs (I'm pretty sure he would try and play on one) which would take him virtually out for the playoffs, though with Ron you never know
    2. Kill him, a somewhat overdone measure
    3. Suspend him, but there are no reasons

he'll play at least 30 minutes, or there will be words

JO? he has made it less violently clear with his "staying hot" remarks, he tried rest, didn't like it and got back rusty one game and is hot on the trail of improved numbers since, Rick has basiocally said he decides himself whether he plays or not.

I see both doing 30 - 35 minutes, having fun taking the Bulls apart, getting in the mood for the playoffs.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Well I think your not gonna see a well polished game from the pacers , it will be along the pace of the Raptors and Philly type pace game for the Pacers , The Starters will Play some decent minutes and I think we want to Win this game so we can close the regular season on a Positive note and I am sure you won't hear Rick or his Staff including the Players say this Last game is a meaningless game.

Rick Carsile made it clear a few days back before the Raptors game that he isn't going to force anyone to rest , if a player ask for rest he will grant it . You don't want too much rest or it can sometime have negative effects , just like JO saying he doesn't want to rest he is trying to keep his rythm and stride going . Ron Artest I don't see him resting he is just a madman and you could cut both his legs off and he would still plead to play in a game .

I know alot of people are judging the past 2 games with alittle to much insight , but I think were doing just what it takes to get by and nothing more which doesn't bother me , were conserving our good game play for the playoffs and there is no need to burn it up on teams like the Raptors , Sixers or even the Bulls.

As others have said, I'd like to see Bender get some serious minutes.

I'd also like to see Kenny and Freddy continue to get PT.

But I really have to say....

PLAY PRIMOZ!!!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

primoz went back to the injury list already to make way for bender. so he's done for the season. that disappointed me too

maybe next year...

primoz went back to the injury list already to make way for bender. so he's done for the season. that disappointed me too

maybe next year...
    Doesn't matter.... the injured list is moot at this point. Activate Primoz and put Reggie on the IL... he'll still be eligable for the playoffs.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The Pacers reached one plateau with their 60th win over Philly.

They can reach another plateau of sorts with a win over the Bulls.

An even 40 games above .500.

After the Bulls, they will have 2 - 3 days until the first playoff game. What the heck, put in enough effort to win, and move on the the next game.

Southside_Pacer

If the Bulls just lost to the Magic.....there's no reason that a bunch of PacersDigest posters couldn't beat them by 20 points.

The Pacers should win, and win easily. Hopefully it's just a light, easy game where we lead from start to finish, nobody gets hurt, the players have fun and so do the fans.

I'm prolly the biggest guy in the forum, so I'll play C.

Only problem is I'm built like Bender.... 3 years ago.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm PG!!...I'm small, quick, and speedy...like Brewer
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No problems whatsoever against the Bulls. I would like Bender to get good minutes. We will ride into the playoffs with a high.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

I'd be a PF in the mold of Charles Barkley, the 2nd Round Mound of Rebound!

Dibs on the 3 spot.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I doubt if any starters get more than 25 minutes (except maybe Artest - he might have a melt down if he can't play vs his old team).

I also doubt if any of them sit out completely. Treat it like a scfrimmage vs a pro team, work on some things, keep the intensity up and don't worry about the outcome.

I think Bender pulls more minutes than anyone on the team.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a basketball most of the time. Can't Jump for ****, and not all that quick bue to knee problems.....

Tell you what, I play the role of Primoz Brezec and ride the Injured Reserve List!

Mood

I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a basketball most of the time. Can't Jump for ****, and not all that quick bue to knee problems.....

Tell you what, I play the role of Primoz Brezec and ride the Injured Reserve List!

I call shotgun next to Gyron. I can hit the mid range shot and dive for loose balls but I'm 6'1 and out of shape.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I'm built like Tinsley....

...two years ago

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I'm a retired PG with creaky knees. I can still find the open man but I'd really struggle running up-and-down the court these days.

Also, we've got to keep UncleBuck away from the PG position - I'm afraid he's the type of PG that would jack up twenty-two shots to only four assists, but he'd say its okay because he could shut down Ronnie Dupree at the other end.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you