Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: The Only Untouchables

  1. #1

    Default The Only Untouchables

    Foster, Granger, Peja, austin, Freddy


    and im not even kidding
    isnt it obvious that these are the guys to keep?

  2. #2
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Btown picked the wrong day to give up drinkin'

  3. #3
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Jermaine is more untouchable then any of those players.

  4. #4
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Now why on earth would an inconsistant, undersized combo guard be untouchable?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  5. #5
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    As much as I hate it, I don't think Fred is untouchable.

    I'd love for him to be but that injury to his thumb just kills it. He should be back for the playoffs though.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    whatever you people must be on the crack pipe...

    Foster- austrailian for bad ***
    Granger- obvious
    Peja- His beard is so dang cute
    Austin- Reminds me of when the pacers were good
    Freddy- Looks like a cute chubby turtle

  7. #7
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Untouchable is Lebron James,Kobe Bryant,Timmy,Wade,Melo a few other Franchise players

    Not Austin Croshere,Jeff Foster,Fred Jones,Danny Granger and Peja Stojakovic. You think if a GM came at Larry and said I will give you Dwight Howard for Danny Granger and Peja, you think Larry wouldnt do it. Think again.

    No one on this team is untouchable.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by RickDerris
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Freddy- Looks like a cute chubby turtle
    ???

    Do you mean AJ? I always thought he looked like one of the teenage mutant ninja turtles, but not Freddy.

  9. #9
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,633

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    I think that Freddie is a very solid backup SG.....but I don't think that he is untouchable.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one on this team is untouchable.
    An untouchable in the Hindu caste system is a person so low that nobody wants them around. Because of chronic injuries, bad attitude, remaining contract, etc. several of the Pacers may draw less interest around the league than we hope. I'm thinking of Tinsley. We want to trade him for value, but the rest of the league may consider him an untouchable.

    But assuming that RickDerris meant his list to be players the Pacers should keep, then Jermaniac has spoken the right. None of these guys should be off the market.

    There are guys we actively want to get rid of, and none of the names mentioned above fit there. We want to keep Foster, et al and make them the core of the new team. But saying we have to keep those five guys is aiming too low.

    Walsh and Bird have a tough task ahead. They need to upgrade overall team talent while improving at three positions while purging the sources of bad attitudes while reducing the payroll. That won't be easy, and it is silly to think we can do it if we begin by setting side all our best trade bait.

  11. #11
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    The untouchables are O'Neal, Foster, Stojakovic, Granger and Austin, IMO.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  12. #12
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    The untouchable is Granger.

  13. #13
    Member Matney33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Foster,Peja,Granger,O'Neal. That would be a nice group to keep. But are they the only players with value? I'm all for keeping Jermaine, just please stop waving that finger after a block! It was maybe cool the first couple of times Dikembe did it.

  14. #14
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The untouchable is Granger.
    Dwight Howard for Danny? Would you do it?

  15. #15
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The untouchable is Granger.
    There are no untouchables on our squad IMO.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  16. #16
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are no untouchables on our squad IMO.
    Agreed. For the moment we just don't have a "face of the franchise" like Duncan, Bryant, James, Anthony or Wade. 2 necessary conditions to be an untouchable IMO: be one of the best players in the league and play on a winning team.

    But, to a certain extent, if you make a list of players for which you'd only make a no brainer trade, a trade of which you're absolutely certain it will make the team better, I completely agree with Lord Helmet's list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    O'Neal, Foster, Stojakovic, Granger and Austin.

  17. #17
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight Howard for Danny? Would you do it?
    I'd do a Shaq for Danny + filler.

    But that's a lot of filler.

  18. #18

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by RickDerris
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Foster- australian for bad ***
    Granger- obvious
    Peja- His beard is so dang cute
    Austin- Reminds me of when the pacers were good
    Freddy- Looks like a cute chubby turtle
    The list is pretty good. But the reasons given for each player are kind of fruity. Especially the one for Austin. The past wasn't all that glorious anyway. It was certainly not worth reveling in at the cost of moving this team back up toward 50+ wins.

  19. #19

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Good thing I started drinking at lunch.

  20. #20
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    I just think this is a case of semantics...which makes this just another "what players should we keep" thread. No one is untouchable bc of the simple "if we were offered LeBron for player X would you trade him?" argument that Jermaniac was making.

  21. #21
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thing I started drinking at lunch.

  22. #22
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,238

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Ok, back under the bridge for you RD. ;-)



    owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  23. #23
    Member mmpfm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    101

    Exclamation Re: The Only Untouchables

    The only untouchable player for the pacers is Pollard he has more heart and determination than any other player on that team. In my opinion he was what every young basketball player should model his game after. Scott Pollard is the only untouchable period.
    we will be known forever by the tracks we leave

  24. #24

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    DANG i forgot about Pollard

    maybe if JO would quit crying and play some D he could be on the list too
    id rather have Boomer as my powerforward than JO at this point.
    Spikes gonna rip off my face and wear it on Halloween!

  25. #25
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: The Only Untouchables

    Quote Originally Posted by RickDerris
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DANG i forgot about Pollard
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •