Thread: Remaining scheduled and likely playoff spot

Sports Logo

Default Remaining scheduled and likely playoff spot

Current Playoff Standings ( for the East as of 2:43pm PST - 4/18/2006 )

5) Washington : 40-40 ( 2 games left - Home vs. Milwaukee / Away vs. Detroit )
    6) Milwaukee : 40-41 ( 1 game left - Away at Washington )
    7) Indiana : 40-41 ( 1 game left - Home vs. Orlando )
    8) Chicago : 40-41 ( 1 game left - Home vs. Toronto )

My Prediction:

5 ) Washington : 2-0 ( Final Record : 42-40 )
    Home Vs. Milwaukee - Win
    Away Vs. Detroit - Win

6 ) Chicago : 1-0 ( Final Record : 41-41 / Conference Record : 30-22 / Division Record : 4-12 ))
    Home Vs. Toronto - Win

7 ) Indiana : 1-0 ( Final Record : 41-41 / Conference Record : 24-28 / Division Record : 6-10 )
    Home Vs. Orlando - Win

8 ) Milwaukee : 0-1 ( Final Record : 40-42 )
    Away Vs. Washington - Loss

I'm not sure who will get the higher seed in the Playoffs if any team ties with an identical record. If it comes down to Conference Record....then the Pacers will be screwed as we sucked against our own conference. If it comes to division record.....then the Pacers will be ahead of Chicago.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Default Re: Remaining scheduled and likely playoff spot

In your scenario, which I also believe is the most likely outcome, the Pacers get the #6 seed, not Chicago, because Division Record trumps Conference Record.

I also think the #6 spot is our best place to be, because we match up well v. the Nets.

If we lose tomorrow, however, we are virtually guaranteed the #8 spot because there is no way the Bulls will lose at home v. the Raptors.

The Orlando game is a must win, both to avoid #8 and to maximize our chance to obtain the #6 spot.

So if the Bucks beat the Wizards, Am I correct the best the Pacers can do is 7th.

No. His standings are messed up. Chicago can only get higher then us if we lose and they win.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. His standings are messed up. Chicago can only get higher then us if we lose and they win.
    Sorry. I would have thought that a better conference record would count....but it sounds like the division record beats the conference record.

It sounds like the Orlando game is going to be important.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    So if the Bucks beat the Wizards, Am I correct the best the Pacers can do is 7th.
    No because if Washington subsequently were to lose to Detroit and we beat Orlando we could finish ahead of Washington and get the 6th seed.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra
    No because if Washington subsequently were to lose to Detroit and we beat Orlando we could finish ahead of Washington and get the 6th seed.
    The Pistons are gonna roll over like they did against the Bucks yesterday. They are gonna minimize the # of starters and play the scrubs....so I wouldn't necessarily hope that they will beat the Wizards.