Thread: insider request...

Default insider request...

its from Chris Sheridan blog.
    For Rookie of the Year, I went with Sarunas Jasikevicius, and this is where my powers of foretelling the future begin to take a dive.

anyone could put the whole article?

Kestas

Default Re: insider request...

Quote Originally Posted by caaprius
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its from Chris Sheridan blog.
    For Rookie of the Year, I went with Sarunas Jasikevicius, and this is where my powers of foretelling the future begin to take a dive.

anyone could put the whole article?
    where should this blog be? nba.com or espn?

on a related note, nba.com have a blog by Tolpaz on Jasikevicius (a few weaks old, so no news probably). Tolpaz explains in layman's terms why Saras did not succeed:
    http://www.nba.com/blog/blog8.html

this is all very obvious, really, but I wonder how would these people explain some other, much larger-scale dissapointments that we have seen this season. I think the difference between the style of play has not decreased as Tolpaz tries to suggest. I agree with his thoughts regarding Carlisle though. People like Carlisle are the ones responsible for NBA's stagnation imho.

If you want someone to get an insider article, at the very least paste the link; I'm not going to dig around for it.

Banned

Its Chris Sheridan's blog..I can't access it from work because "blog" is in the address line..but you can get to it from here if someone wants to paste it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/se...idan&rT=sports

The one he's asking for is 2nd in the archive

Predictions: Some good, some bad
    posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Was I smart, or was I stupid?

That was the question I was asking myself early this morning as I harkened back to the eve of the regular season when I made my first predictions for ESPN.com.

My memory being a little cloudy as I waited for the caffeine to percolate, I was a little scared as I searched my old files. I hadn't predicted Larry Brown as Coach of the Year, had I? Because I know that I dorkily picked the Knicks for eighth place in the East.

But I looked it up and discovered my choice was Mike Dunleavy of the Clippers, and it all came flooding back. I caught some grief from the folks up in Bristol for that one, along with my prediction that the Clippers would win the Pacific Division, but it looks like I might have the last laugh. Coach Dunleavy's team is headed to the postseason for the first time in nine years, and the man at the helm stands a better-than-decent chance of winning the award I predicted for him.

My MVP pick was LeBron James, and that one is looking better with each passing day. His Cavaliers were running so hot and cold through the first four months of the season that James was getting overlooked in the MVP debate, an omission for which I was as guilty as anyone as I focused my attention on Chauncey Billups, then Dirk Nowitzki, then Tony Parker and Steve Nash. But with James leading the Cavs to 11 victories in their last 12 games and scoring at least 30 in the last nine, I believe he and his team are making just enough of a push at just the right time to make that prediction a possible winner, too.

The guard from Lithuania by way of Maccabi Tel Aviv has been a disappointment for the Eastern Conference's biggest disappointment, the Indiana Pacers, and Chris Paul of the Hornets (a team for which I predicted the league's worst record, whoops) had this award locked up by the end of January.

Keep an eye on Jasikevicius if the Pacers make the playoffs, however. The guy is a winner, and I wouldn't bet against him in the postseason.

My Most Improved choice was Damien Wilkins, which falls into the What Could I Have Possibly Been Thinking category. The son of Gerald and nephew of Dominique might be in contention for the award next year if the Sonics decide to make some room for him by trading Rashard Lewis, but for now he's No. 2 on the list of Sheridan's Worst Preseason Picks (nobody is knocking the "playoff-bound" Knicks from the No. 1 perch on that list).

For the Sixth Man Award I chose Boris Diaw of the Suns, and I'll feel some sense of satisfaction if he gets the Most Improved Award that he so rightfully deserves.

I also picked Bruce Bowen as the winner of the Defensive Player of the Year award, and that one is looking like a winner. Too bad he's such a dirty player, because he really doesn't need to be. He'd get a lot more respect from his peers if he wasn't.

My editors also threw four questions at me, and I almost went 2-for-4.

I correctly stated that the Celtics would not trade Paul Pierce, and I guessed that Darko Milicic would average 17 minutes per game (he's at 13.3 and climbing in Orlando).

To the question of whether Stephon Marbury or Jamal Crawford would be traded by the Knicks, I predicted both. (Memo to Bristol: Can I get an extension through the summer on that prediction?)

And to the question of whether Kobe Bryant or Kwame Brown would be the subject of controversy in Los Angeles, I also predicted both. (The debate over Kobe's 81 and the dust-up over Phil Jackson's cat nickname for Kwame do not exactly qualify as controversies.)

All in all, not a bad showing. Not great, but not too shabby at this point.

That being said, I'd like to modify one other preseason prediction. I picked the San Antonio Spurs to defeat the Pacers in the Finals, but I'm going to bail on Indiana the same way Ron Artest did.

The new pick is the Pistons over the Spurs in seven, with Rasheed Wallace the Finals MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

That being said, I'd like to modify one other preseason prediction. I picked the San Antonio Spurs to defeat the Pacers in the Finals, but I'm going to bail on Indiana the same way Ron Artest did.

The new pick is the Pistons over the Spurs in seven, with Rasheed Wallace the Finals MVP.
    You can't modify the past, bud!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Keep an eye on Jasikevicius if the Pacers make the playoffs, however. The guy is a winner, and I wouldn't bet against him in the postseason.
    This tells you how much he knows about the Pacers this season. Between AJ, Tinsley and Freddie.....Sarunas is going to play about 5-10 minutes in the playoffs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.