Thread: 2 Pacer Trade Ideas.

Default 2 Pacer Trade Ideas.

I got this from another message board. I like both ideas and here they are:

New York trades: Jalen Rose, Malik Rose, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson.
    Indiana trades: Jamaal Tinsley, Jermaine O'Neal

Memphis trades: Eddie Jones, Jake Tsakalidis and #24
    Indiana trades: Foster, Croshere, Johnson

If the Pacers decide to move JO this NY deal would be sweet. Rose = Big expiering, Frye = Future all star, Nate Robinson looks like he will make a good PG. Malik Rose doesn't have me thrilled but I like his game and his contract isn't that bad. 12 million/2 years left on it.

I would do the second trade. I love the way Foster plays, I love what Croshere gives us, and I couldn't be happier with the way AJ has played well during difficult times, but if we can add a big expiering contract like Eddie Jones and a 1rst round pick (its late first round but we can still get a good player there.) it would have to be done, IMO.

Of course doing these deals would mean that we are starting over from scratch but if that is the way Donnie and Larry want to go, I think that these two trades above would be good moves to make, if they want to rebuild from scratch that is.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2 Pacer Trade Ideas.

The next person that suggests we re-acquire Jalen I will immediately put on IGNORE.

I'd rather pursue a blind, one-legged amputee than Jalen Rose. At least my guy would try to play defense, and he might be good for team chemistry, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got this from another message board. I like both ideas and here they are:

New York trades: Jalen Rose, Malik Rose, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson.
    Indiana trades: Jamaal Tinsley, Jermaine O'Neal

Memphis trades: Eddie Jones, Jake Tsakalidis and #24
    Indiana trades: Foster, Croshere, Johnson
    NO WAY! Bad trades! For one you're trading Tinsley and AJ and getting back Nate.

Agreed and agreed.

I would like to pick up Eddie. He's been a great lockerroom presence for the Grizz. I saw wherer Fratello was complaining that they don't have any rebounders, so I'd imagine Foster would appeal to them. Yeah, Eddie has a big contract, but only a year left, so then you get yourself in another situation of sorts like Peja.

They also want a scorer. In terms of straight up, I think salary-wise, the only one on one trade with Memphis that works is Stephen Jackson and Austin for Eddie...which they could possibly go for.

As to throwing NY into the mix, NY ain't giving up Frye for anyone other than a super marquee player (although they'd love a supa-star.) NY, quite simply wouldn't/couldn't be a factor in the trade EXCEPT, I know LB would still like a pure PG, so given his stock right now, a David Lee/Nate Robinson for Anthony Johnson WOULD work fiscally.

So, trying to stick with the teams in your scenario, we'd have:

Tinsley/Saras/Robinson
    Eddie Jones/Freddie
    Peja?/Granger
    Jermaine/Lee
    Foster/Harrison

Not worth the effort, in my book.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?