Thread: [OT] Save Angel!

Hybrid View

Mood

Default [OT] Save Angel!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CAMPAIGN GOTV -- Get Out The View!"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In political campaigns, in the days before the big election, we have a "Get
    Out the Vote" push, which campaigners call "GOTV."

At the Save ANGEL campaign, we also have a big election coming up, in which
    only a select group gets to vote: the Nielsen Ratings. The only problem is,
    we don't know who's a Nielsen viewer-- we're not allowed to know.

So this is our GOTV -- "Get Out The View" Campaign.

For the next number of days, focus all your attentions on getting as many
    people to watch the upcoming Wednesday episode of ANGEL. This is your call
    to action!

Do this by hook or by crook. Use all the legal means at your disposal. Take
    the following message to the nooks and crannies of the Net:

"GOTV - ANGEL Wednesday on the WB!"

Post this everywhere you are allowed. Send it in your emails. Send it to
    your Lists. IM it to all your Buddies. Put it in your profile. Make it your
    signature. Answer the phone with it. And most assuredly, put it on your Web
    site!

But don't stop there! Take it to the streets with fliers that announce
    Wednesday's show.

We've created a half-sheet flier you can download for printing at home, to
    post on bulletin-boards, in coffee shops, stores, and public places. They're
    300dpi for better quality and take up half a letter-sized sheet, so you can
    print two to a page. There are two version, each for 8PM or 9PM showings of
    ANGEL.

8PM: http://www.saveangel.org/fliers/angelhalfblk8pm.pdf
    http://www.saveangel.org/fliers/angelhalfwht8pm.pdf
    9PM: http://www.saveangel.org/fliers/angelhalfblk9pm.pdf
    http://www.saveangel.org/fliers/angelhalfwht9pm.pdf

Note: Each file is 1MB, so download and save to your computer only the ones
    you need.

An additional one-page flier with more info about how people can help in the
    fight for ANGEL:
    <http://www.saveangel.org/research/ANGELflier.pdf>

GOTV Banners examples are available here:
    <http://www.saveangel.org/index.php?p...rch&dept=gotv>

And remember, as Joss Whedon said last week, "Keep writing to everybody."

He proclaimed, "All the noise that's been made by fans does help!"

See this one-page for a printable copy of the Whedon interview story, along
    with the contact info for 20th Century Fox Television:
    <http://www.saveangel.org/research/keepwriting.pdf>

Forward this message to others, so that they can help spread the news. This
    is a fight not just for ANGEL, but for quality series over
    bottom-of-the-barrel reality shows.

Be a Champion and help save ANGEL!

Simon,
    Coordinator
    SaveANGEL.org

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: [OT] Save Angel!

These things never work. It's noble, but only $ matters in situations like this.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Mood

These things never work. It's noble, but only $ matters in situations like this.
    If you're not gonna help....

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Has anyone ever known anyone who had a Nielsen box? I think the Nielsen people are imaginary, like the tooth fairy.. and at least he left me a shiny new quarter.

WATCH ANGEL, WEDNESDAYS A 9PM EDT ON THE WB! (Please!?)
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

diego

WtH is up with this fixation for Angel. The show sucks anyways.

Mood

WtH is up with this fixation for Angel. The show sucks anyways.
    Whenever there's a thread about a show someone doesn't like, they have two main choices: Leave it alone, or come in and be a jerk. Please try the former next time. Thanks.

Zesty

Has anyone ever known anyone who had a Nielsen box? I think the Nielsen people are imaginary, like the tooth fairy.. and at least he left me a shiny new quarter.
    Actually, I got selected once as a Nielsen household, but there was no set-top box. They wanted me to fill out a daily log of what I watched at what times for a month. They also sent me a $1 bill. I kept the dollar but never filled out their stupid chart. I have better things to do with my time, and I don't watch much TV anyway.

diego

Look Hicks, i was asking why the big support. Personally i dont like the show and wanted to know why you were so behind it. And if i want to post i will. So next time dont tell me what to do. I wasnt really trying to be a jerk, but i can be if you want to play that game.

Mood

Look Hicks, i was aking why the big support. Personally i dont liek the show anted to know why you were so behind it. And if i want to post i will. So next time dont tell me what to do. Thanks.
    Well aren't we the boss?

All I'm saying is you came in here and insulted a show I love, and there's no good reason to do that. I support the show because I care about it. A lot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WATCH ANGEL, WEDNESDAYS A 9PM EDT ON THE WB! (Please!?)
    Losing your favorite show sucks. I was a HUGE fan of Dark Angel, and they cancelled it for some show called Firefly. So I can feel your pain.

Mood

Losing your favorite show sucks. I was a HUGE fan of Dark Angel, and they cancelled it for some show called Firefly. So I can feel your pain.
    Firefly was cancelled by Fox 16 episodes in, despite being great. Don't know if you watched it or not, but it was made by some of the same key players that made "Angel", and I recently discovered it on DVD and love what was made. If that's what kicked out Dark Angel, sorry. However, since FOX didn't even give Firefly a full season, I doubt that was the only reason.

Look Hicks, i was asking why the big support. Personally i dont like the show and wanted to know why you were so behind it. And if i want to post i will. So next time dont tell me what to do. I wasnt really trying to be a jerk, but i can be if you want to play that game.
    Coming into a thread like this just to say "that show sucks" is being a jerk/troll, whether you want to sugarcoat it or not.

And no, I'm not a big fan of the show myself. I don't think it sucks, but I don't go out of my way to watch it either.

Yeah, Dark Angel was axed at the very last second by FOX so Firefly could take over its Friday night deathslot. I was never a fan of DA, but anytime a genre show is cancelled, I'm annoyed. Firefly was itself cancelled in short order, but like many other sci-fi shows, it was due to average ratings, not product quality. In my opinion, Sci-Fi & Fantasy television receives the short end of the stick. Good sci-fi shows are cancelled on a whim by networks, FOX in particular. Look at the shows FOX has cancelled in the past few years, shows which had and still have very devoted fan bases...

Space: Above and Beyond
    Harsh Realm
    Lone Gunmen
    Futurama
    Firefly
    Dark Angel
    Sliders
    Kindred: The Embraced
    Millenium
    John Doe

Craziness--and this is just one network's casualty list. I'm one who believes sci-fi fans should stick together and support one another's shows, because history tells us that your show could be next on the chopping block. At least DVD keeps the shows alive.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

diego

For the record publicly, i apologize to Hicks and anyone else who was offended by my post. If you took it personally, i apologize i was merely stating my opinion on the show. But as there as been anguish over my post i thought it appropiate to apologize.

For the record publicly, i apologize to Hicks and anyone else who was offended by my post. If you took it personally, i apologize i was merely stating my opinion on the show. But as there as been anguish over my post i thought it appropiate to apologize.
    Nothing personal, it just came off as purposefully trollish.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, Dark Angel was axed at the very last second by FOX so Firefly could take over its Friday night deathslot. I was never a fan of DA, but anytime a genre show is cancelled, I'm annoyed. Firefly was itself cancelled in short order, but like many other sci-fi shows, it was due to average ratings, not product quality. In my opinion, Sci-Fi & Fantasy television receives the short end of the stick. Good sci-fi shows are cancelled on a whim by networks, FOX in particular. Look at the shows FOX has cancelled in the past few years, shows which had and still have very devoted fan bases...

Space: Above and Beyond
    Harsh Realm
    Lone Gunmen
    Futurama
    Firefly
    Dark Angel
    Sliders
    Kindred: The Embraced
    Millenium
    John Doe

Craziness--and this is just one network's casualty list. I'm one who believes sci-fi fans should stick together and support one another's shows, because history tells us that your show could be next on the chopping block. At least DVD keeps the shows alive.
    I own both seasons of DA on DVD and love each episode on them. Sliders was another show I liked a lot, that was canceled by fox, its almost like the fox people take joy in cancelling sci-fi shows.

Angel is gone for good. Perhaps a TV movie or two next year, but that's it.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...04/040416.html

Note: That article contains some casting spoilers for the final few episodes.

Mood

Angel is gone for good. Perhaps a TV movie or two next year, but that's it.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...04/040416.html

Note: That article contains some casting spoilers for the final few episodes.

I'm glad the actors were aware of this and happy to see it.

On the finale comments and to the movie-of-the-week talks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My house has the Nielson box, with several miles of multi colored cords attached to every piece of electronic equipment attached to the TV (and the TV itself) in every room that has a TV and floors that look like Swiss cheese . You have to call them whenever you want to think about moving any equipment. I think we get 4 bucks a month for all the hassle...

It sounds like I'd be more popular if I watched Angel at my house...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

My house has the Nielson box, with several miles of multi colored cords attached to every piece of electronic equipment attached to the TV (and the TV itself) in every room that has a TV and floors that look like Swiss cheese . You have to call them whenever you want to think about moving any equipment. I think we get 4 bucks a month for all the hassle...

I would give you a huge list of stuff to watch, but all my shows are either safe or long gone, so it doesn't matter. Be prepared to be inudated with instructions come November, however.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would give you a huge list of stuff to watch, but all my shows are either safe or long gone, so it doesn't matter. Be prepared to be inudated with instructions come November, however.
    Whenever I am home, I end up messing up our data. Because I plug my Xbox and PS2 into the finely tuned equipment, several hours of playing a video game could register as me watching hours of terrible shows because I leave the DirecTV on. Plus I am usually online when the system trys to phone the data in...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

woman without a team

I don't have a Nielson Box, but a couple times they sent me a booklet to keep track of what I watched for a week. At least that way you can fudge and say you watched something you didn't. Its also helpful if you don't want to admit to watching some old sitcom on Chanel 4.

Were the ratings for Angel that bad this season?

I've been wondering if someone else might pick it up. Doesn't seem likely though.

I notice that in the last episode they started talking about "THE" apocalypse.

Sign of the end .... Now they'll try to patch everything re Angel's becoming Human/role in the final apocalypse, etc into 6 weeks.

Oh well.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Sign of the end .... Now they'll try to patch everything re Angel's becoming Human/role in the final apocalypse, etc into 6 weeks.
    Actually, I doubt it. What I've heard is the finale is open-ended. I mean, there should obviously be a conclusion to what's happened this season, but the characters' stories aren't all gonna be wrapped into bows.