Thread: Yao Ming

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Yao Ming

If he plays as well against us as he did the Knicks last night, we're in a bit of trouble. The Knicks pounded him physically and kept him out of the post, and he still burned them with tough shot after tough shot.

Granted, the Knicks don't have the frontcourt presence that we do, but he still looked impressive and still towers over everyone we have.

He could be the x-factor in tomorrow night's game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yao Ming

If he plays as well against us as he did the Knicks last night, we're in a bit of trouble. The Knicks pounded him physically and kept him out of the post, and he still burned them with tough shot after tough shot.

Granted, the Knicks don't have the frontcourt presence that we do, but he still looked impressive and still towers over everyone we have.

A 7'+ former #1 pick should never be just an "X-factor". If he's motivated, then he has all the skills in the world. But he's so passive, and it's so easy to get him off his game, that if you keep him the free throw line and just lightly tap him out of the lane, he really won't do much compared to his abilities.
    I consider him an "x-factor" because he hasn't really done anything against us so far.

Like you said though, he's soft, but he was getting harassed pretty well by the Knicks' D (even took an elbow to the stomach) and continued to hit tough shots. But yet, he couldn't hit his free throws...

I was at Yao's first game and I'll be there tomorrow night. I'm looking for a repeat performance from the big guy.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Rockets have been playing very well, and they are a great defensive team.

Should be a very good low scoring game

I'm not sure where to find the current stats, but recently the Rockets were best in the league in FG% defense.

Surprise, surprise, JVG has them playing great D.

Yao is an enigma. 25 pts 15 rebounds one game, 8 points and 6 rebounds the next. He's just not mentally tough or focused, and I'm sure the coaches have tried just about everything.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

You'd think that with a comment like that, Buck, that you would get lots of hateful responses. I think this goes to show that we (Pacers fans) appreciate good basketball and aren't interested in the showtime effect but rather we are interested in winning.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

FWIW, Yao has been playing much more agressively as of late. I seem to remeber that JVG challenged him to do that. We'll see if that continues. No doubt Jeff is going to get physical and try to give him fits that way. Should be interesting.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

You'd think that with a comment like that, Buck, that you would get lots of hateful responses. I think this goes to show that we (Pacers fans) appreciate good basketball and aren't interested in the showtime effect but rather we are interested in winning.
    I agree with that. I've never been a defense-lover, but with the low-scoring, defensive-oriented style of play working as well as it is for us, I've definitely become one.

It works, and that's what matters.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am on the official watchout for Yao Ming club roster. He has had 20/10 in 4 out of the last 5 games...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I am on the official watchout for Yao Ming club roster. He has had 20/10 in 4 out of the last 5 games...
    Alright then, I'll head the "Yao might as well not play" paradigm.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Memories of Yao tearing up Brad last year in Houston still haunts me. I can still hear the Ming love fest from Walton...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Memories of Yao tearing up Brad last year in Houston still haunts me. I can still hear the Ming love fest from Walton...
    Brad? Brad who? ed:

Just watch. Those memories shall be erased.

And I wouldn't let Walton's comments haunt you like that. Not sure he always keeps things in proper context.

For yao to be effective, they need to give him the ball
    that is...Francis and mobley need to stop hogging the ball

I would like to see our fronting D in action against Yao

And I wouldn't let Walton's comments haunt you like that. Not sure he always keeps things in proper context.
    You mean that Yao's performance was NOT the greatest in the history of Western Civilization?

And Brad what's-his-name's defense was not the most pathetic resistance the the free world has yet witnessed?

And Larry Bird as president is NOT one of the most deep thinkers of all human history?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

You mean that Yao's performance was NOT the greatest in the history of Western Civilization?

And Brad what's-his-name's defense was not the most pathetic resistance the the free world has yet witnessed?

And Larry Bird as president is NOT one of the most deep thinkers of all human history?
    Welllll.... when you put up such a convincing arguement....

How bout when he said something like

"Kenyon Martin Versus Tim Duncan is a matchup for the ages"