Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JO and Jack on Quite Frankly with SAS

Default JO and Jack on Quite Frankly with SAS

Coming up next, just a heads up if you guys want to watch. On ESPN 2.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: JO and Jack on Quite Frankly with SAS

I don't think I'm done with Jack after what he said about the Detroit fans......
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I have said since the brawl, that Stephen Jackson is by far the best teammate in the NBA. And if you ever played a sport you should know why.

jack has a grill

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interesting watch. Thanks for the heads-up, Jerm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think I'm done with Jack after what he said about the Detroit fans......
    What did he say?

Before the brawl even happend, people where spitting on the Pacers, and saying racial slurs at them. And that the people only saw 20% of what happend that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    What did he say?
    He talked about how they're spitting out racial slurs and talking about players families. And he said he knows its a part of his job but after a while its hard to take. And, it certainly doesn't help if you're beating them by 15.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Oh for God's sake, they were spitting out racial slurs????

I guess the same racial slurs didn't offend the Pistons because, well their Pistons. I'm sure Rasheed not only heard this but then turned to the fan and encouraged him to yell more.

Don't buy this one guys, this is the talk of a player who wants to justify his actions.

Just like when Allen Iverson said the same thing about us, it was B.S. then it is B.S. now.

Spitting on people is nice of course. NBA players are animals and should be allowed to be spit on. I havent blamed JO,Jack or Ron for what happend a year ago and I wont do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Spitting on people is nice of course. NBA players are animals and should be allowed to be spit on. I havent blamed JO,Jack or Ron for what happend a year ago and I wont do it now.
    I completely agree. I still don't mind the actions of Jack, JO, and everyone else, except for Ron. They were just defending their teammate.

According to Lord Helmet, he didn't say they were spitting on them, but "spitting out" racial slurs. Which is it? Frankly I think Helmet has it right; it's not like you could reach the players from the stands anyway.

Jack said people where spitting on the back of his neck when ever he went to throw the ball in. And JO also said that they where being spit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Oh for God's sake, they were spitting out racial slurs????
    Hey, don't mock. I believe it. Those people from Michigan, they're a bunch of racists. I had a friend thinking about moving to Grand Rapids, but I knew he wouldn't fit in and would face prejudice at the hands of the locals because of his race. So I convinced him to move to somewhere safe, like New York.

[/kstat]

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Jack said people where spitting on the back of his neck when ever he went to throw the ball in. And JO also said that they where being spit on.
    Who the heck cares? It's old news; why are we still discussing this?

I can't believe we're re-hashing something that happened 18 months ago. I've said it before and I was right then; this team's psyche is permenantly broken. Time to get some new players.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Peck is correct. Racial Slurs? That's just idiotic. The Pistons aren't exactly the Utah Jazz here. 14 of the Pistons 15 players are the same race as him. You think they would stand there in front of their hometown players and yell slurs about their race? No, this is his way of making the Pistons fans look worse, and making him look like the victim. BS.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    Peck is correct. Racial Slurs? That's just idiotic. The Pistons aren't exactly the Utah Jazz here. Their top 8 players are the same race as him. You think they would stand there in front of their hometown players and yell slurs about their race? No, this is his way of making the Pistons fans look worse, and making him look like the victim. BS.
    Well, Peck may be right but it still doesn't dismiss the fact like he was never a victim of anything, I mean last time I checked you can't just throw anything you find at the players and pour drinks on them.

While Jackson says this in what may have been an attempt to make him look like a victim and he wasn't in that case. In other parts of the brawl he was, along with other Pacers.

A lot of wrongs happened that night, and lets just hope nothing like it happens again.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

OK OK, that was a LONG time ago. I wanna know what was said tonight. I only watched part of the Knicks game, but from what I saw Jermaine wants to win, in the worst way. He did about all he could to win that game, and it wasn't enough. I look at the Knicks and I cant help but see a certain Q who isn't doing much, or maybe a Starbury who was cracking with Jermaine from the bench during the game. I hate to fuel the rumor mill but...

Marbury and QRich where talking crap to JO so JO talked crap back. If you think this has something to do with a trade, you are wrong.

Your love for JO is cute, but it gets old.

Yeah thats nice. Keep on reaching.

Ok so I will backtrack a little here. I like to speculate, so sue me, sue me sue me!!! I see this team and I see parts that don't fit, my bad. Back to the subject though, you LOVE Jermaine, and rightfully so. The guy has more talents some complete NBA teams, but you put him on a pedastal. It is kinda like the whole Bobby Knight thing, the guy could shoot people in the woods. Yet his fans were always saying, but look at how many championship rings he brought us. Its just a blind loyalty that gets old, that is all. Jermaine is my favorite player on the team, but I still see flaws. Anyway I feel like this is just rambling on so peace out girl scout!

Oh and I hate to double post, but aren't we rooting for the same team?? I wouldn't be caught dead cheering for another NBA team, unless it helped us in playoff seeding. And yet we quarrel about our own team? I am starting to wonder if its not just the team that is fractured, but the whole fan base. Oh god where does the bad man stop?

HulkSmash!

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    Peck is correct. Racial Slurs? That's just idiotic. The Pistons aren't exactly the Utah Jazz here. Their top 8 players are the same race as him. You think they would stand there in front of their hometown players and yell slurs about their race? No, this is his way of making the Pistons fans look worse, and making him look like the victim. BS.
    lol ofcourse. It's not like Detroit has earned the reputation of a bad place full of low-class human beings or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash!
    lol ofcourse. It's not like Detroit has earned the reputation of a bad place full of low-class human beings or anything.
    Actually, I'd venture a guess that most people who feel that way are people who are still up in arms about the brawl.

I never heard a peep about the pistons fans until after nov 18th.

On another note, can we just get rid of Jax please?