Thread: Two more playoff matchups could be set tonight....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Two more playoff matchups could be set tonight....

The Kings(2) and Rockets(7) could be set tonight, should Sacramento win tonight vs Denver, coupled with either a houston win at seattle, or a Utah loss at minnesota.

The OTHER 2/7 seed matchup, New Jersey and New York, could be set tonght, if New Orleans can beat NY tonight at home.

which do you guys think is the better matchup? Personally, i see NJ rolling through the knicks, while Yao could pose some serious problems for the Kings in that series.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Default Re: Two more playoff matchups could be set tonight....

Yao could pose some serious problems for the Kings in that series.
    Do you mean the way he posed problems for them so far by getting swept by the Kings for the season series?

Both 2's will win. Yao gives problems, but they arent playing well. And even though Sac isn't either, they are still better.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yao could pose some serious problems for the Kings in that series.
    Do you mean the way he posed problems for them so far by getting swept by the Kings for the season series?
    In the playoffs, the game slows down and halfcourt offense becomes key. Yao will have a MUCH bigger impact than he has in the regular season.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Personally, i see NJ rolling through the knicks
    Agreed assuming that Kidd and Kmart are effective...if not you guys will be the ones rolling through NY in the second round.

Niether of those match ups excite me that much. It seems all four teams are limping into the playoffs.

The media will like Marbury's Knicks vs Kidd's Nets. So I see that a s the series that will get more press although the other features two better teams.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Sports Logo

I would really like to see New Orleans end up with the 6th seed. But there is no way I can root against them tonight

If they were playing anyone else I would be rooting for the other team to cement the Hornets into 6th. I would rather see them beat the Knicks even if it means we would have to face them in the second round.