Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Not sure this is a big deal or not, but I'm curious what people think.

    During the game Saturday night the camera picked up several arguments between J.O and Jeff Foster, and these were on the court, during play. I think it might have been about a defensive rotation. What it was about doesn't really matter though.

    I really didn't think much of it at the time (what? our players arguing, what a shock), but I was thinking about this today while I was going back through some old threads from January, and lo and behold I notice some posts from myself and others about how J.O and Jeff are always arguing. So I decided to start a thread about this to get some feedback.

    Does this mean anything. Who should we blame. J.O. or Jeff, who is right. Why don't we see other players arguing with J.O or other players arguing with Jeff. Do these two players not get along. Or maybe is Jeff one of or maybe the only player on the roster willing to stand up to J.O. Does this mean J.O. is a good leader or a bad leader.

    Anyone have any thoughts on this.

  2. #2
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Jeff is probably telling JO...."You know, if you step toward the ball you might get some additional rebounds".

    Seriously UB, thanks for the heads up because I've haven't noticed.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  3. #3
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    It is most likely because of the changing defensive assignments. It is not real clear who the center is. Is it Jeff or is it JO. Because each will guard the other team's pf or C depending who is in.

    Jeff will usually guard the better offensive player whether it be the PF or the C. Other teams do similar things having their best defender guard JO. So the person who Jeff or JO guards may not be the same person who guards them.

    Combine that with the constant changing of assignments from substitutions can cause a large amount of confusion, leading to easy baskets for the other team. This will cause frustration.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  4. #4
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    JO is probably asking Jeff to beef up and actually take some of the beating he absorbs, and CATCH THE DAMN BALL FOR A CHANGE!!

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  5. #5
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,182

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    I usually view such arguing on the court as more positive than negative.

    There's been similar discussion about AJ and Foster spatting on court. I think the thread to all this is that all three are several-year veterans on this team. They know each other well, are comfortable enough with each other to talk directly without worrying how it will affect the relationship, and veteran enough to actually know enough to argue about defensive assignments, etc.

    It's kinda like a romantic relationship. The real danger sign is not the arguing, it's the silence.

  6. #6
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    JO says Tomayto. Jeff says Tomahto.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #7
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's been similar discussion about AJ and Foster spatting on court.
    Shoot, maybe Jeff is saying the heck with it. If no one else wants to step up as leader then I'll give it a try.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  8. #8
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Then again they may be locked in a heated debate over the NBA vs. The Euro-League.

    Jeff continues to point out that JO was on the first Dream Team to be beaten.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  9. #9

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Foster says, "Learn to box out, you 127 million dollar freak"
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  10. #10
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    The one I noticed looked to be that Jeff didn't help JO when JO was one on one with someone on defense and JO slammed the ball to his palm and looked to mouth "HELP ON THE BALL MAN DAMN"

  11. #11
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,773

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Actually Jeff & Anthony Johnson are always sniping at each other as well.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster says, "Learn to box out, you 127 million dollar freak"

    I thought he was saying "Could we really get Garnett for you and Tinsley?"
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  13. #13
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he was saying "Could we really get Garnett for you and Tinsley?"
    KG will be making 20 million next year and JO 18 million. Now replace Tin's name with AJ's salary and your in the right ball park.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  14. #14

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Jeff never does check his trade ideas on real gm.

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  15. #15
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KG will be making 20 million next year and JO 18 million. Now replace Tin's name with AJ's salary and your in the right ball park.
    Plus or minus 25%. At around 20 mil, 25% is plus or minus 5 mil.

    JO and Tinsley works fine financially. The only question is how many point guards the T-Wolves want.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  16. #16
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus or minus 25%. At around 20 mil, 25% is plus or minus 5 mil.

    JO and Tinsley works fine financially. The only question is how many point guards the T-Wolves want.



    We have (3) of them, see ya!

  17. #17
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Jermaine: I told you! Jermaine does not do rebounds. Jermaine DOES like to shoot. Do we understand each other.

    Jeff: Well I like to shoot, too.

    Jermaine: Yeah, I heard about you and shooters.

    Jeff: Wha? What are you trying to say?

    Jermaine: Nuttin'...hey wanna go back in the locker room and practice our mean faces?

    Jeff: I told you, I don't do that strutting stuff.

    Jermaine: Why not? It makes you look tough. Just ask Kenyon.

    Jeff: *rolling eye* Hey, Jermaine...assholesayswhat?

    Jermaine: What?

    Jeff: Nothing. Wanna play play foosball later?

    Jermaine: Only if I get to make faces.

    Jeff: Don't you always....?

    Jermaine: And don't invite Saras this time. All he does is tell me which little man to spin.

    Jeff: As long as you don't invite Tinsley again. How can you hurt yourself playing foosball. It's foosball!

    Jeff: Heads up, ref just blew the whistle!

    Jermaine: Oh yeah, I almost forgot there was a game going on. Rock, paper scissors for who plays center this period?

    Jeff: Fine. As long as we don't trade purple nurples again till someone squeels like a little schoolgirl.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  18. #18
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    "Jeff needs to go get a rebound or something and shut his mouth," O'Neal said. "I don't know when he became tough. I think it's in his best interest to go get a rebound and be quiet because I'm not the right person for that, to be honest."
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  19. #19
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    I've noticed Jeff auguring with both AJ and JO. I also remember Sarunas saying something to Granger earlier this year and Granger snapping back.

    I don't think it's a big deal. Now if it was two of the guys with attitude I would be worried.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Jeff needs to go get a rebound or something and shut his mouth," O'Neal said. "I don't know when he became tough. I think it's in his best interest to go get a rebound and be quiet because I'm not the right person for that, to be honest."
    I'm confused. Did JO really say that? Where is the photoshop?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  21. #21
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    24
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused. Did JO really say that? Where is the photoshop?
    That was originally directed at Udonis Haslem so it said "Udonis needs...." instead of "Jeff needs...."

  22. #22

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    I knew there was a joke I wasn't getting.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  23. #23
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    This is fun.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  24. #24
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    I blame JO. Jeff is one of the top offense rebounders and defensive centers. Plus the Pacers are under .500 w/JO in his return.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  25. #25
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Why do Foster and J.O argue on the court so often

    JO goes for a block, no one picks his man up, JO gets pissed. End of story. I thought he was going to take the ball and hit Peja with it last game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •