Thread: Pacers06-07

Default Pacers06-07

This my thoughts and mine only. So every one can jump on. The only ones I think they should keep. Granger: Jones: Foster: Harrison: P.S.' Sar J: Austin
    AJ. Try to dump the rest for some men that want to play. My thoughts and mine alone

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers06-07

Please for my sanity dump AJ too. That is unless the new coach promises to only use him as a backup 2.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Keepers : JO, Peja, Granger, Saras, Hulk, Foster

Tinsley and Jack have to go theres no question about it, they might possibly be the worst backcourt in the league. AJ and Freddy just hog the ball too damn much, especially for guys who really arent that great or even good of scorers. Freddy has his moments but hes not consistent enough and i think AJ just flat out sucks. Wouldnt mind seeing Cro back if hes medically ok. Pollard can go he's really no help. Id like to see us make a push for Mike James at the point he's really impressed me this year. The big questions for me are what are we gonna do at the 2 spot and is there any way that Peja and Granger can co-exist ?? Id really hate to lose Peja but at the same time we know Granger is gonna be a stud and deserves to be a starter. As long as we get rid of those guys i believe its gonna be a step in the right direction.

If we're going to re-tool the roster, I'd love to see us grab a coach who has learned from Mike D'Antoni, and trade Tinsley and AJ, JO and probably Jax, also Harrison and maybe Foster for a PG who can drive and dish, a SG who can hit a wide open 3, and a Center who can run and hit a jumpshot.

Doing this would allow us to play small with Peja at 3 and Granger at 4, preventing that whole "issue", and would bring an exciting style of play to the team. Yes, I know this recipe won't work very well in the playoffs, but at this point, I'm reconciled to the fact that this team strives to compete, not dominate, and if we're just going to be competitive, at least make it fun to watch.

On a sickening side note, JB would have been the perfect Center for a team like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Ant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keepers : JO, Peja, Granger, Saras, Hulk, Foster

Tinsley and Jack have to go theres no question about it, they might possibly be the worst backcourt in the league. AJ and Freddy just hog the ball too damn much, especially for guys who really arent that great or even good of scorers. Freddy has his moments but hes not consistent enough and i think AJ just flat out sucks. Wouldnt mind seeing Cro back if hes medically ok. Pollard can go he's really no help. Id like to see us make a push for Mike James at the point he's really impressed me this year. The big questions for me are what are we gonna do at the 2 spot and is there any way that Peja and Granger can co-exist ?? Id really hate to lose Peja but at the same time we know Granger is gonna be a stud and deserves to be a starter. As long as we get rid of those guys i believe its gonna be a step in the right direction.
    JO & Peja aren't untouchable in my book. Would have to get quality in return though. I'd have no trouble with DG as the starting 3 next season in Peja's absence.

I'm down w/ Mike James. What do we have to do to bring him in? How much will he command?

I'd like Bird to talk Ainge into swapping PGs, Delonte West + Scalabrini for Tinsley.
    Re-sign Peja, let Freddy walk, use AJ as a backup SG, use Granger in a similar role to what Tayshaun Prince does in Detroit as the primary perimiter defender and bring Jax off the bench. Re-sign Pollard to a reasonable contract if he's willing to stay.

West/Saras
    Granger/AJ
    Peja/Jax
    JO/Foster/Scalabrini
    Hulk/Pollard

Good rebounding, defense and size. Hopefully West could help mitigate our weakness against quick opposing guards.

If Peja leaves, then Granger becomes starting SF and you need to move Jax to whoever will take him and somehow find a starting SG.

I dont think we could really be in the race for Mike James. He will almost certainly get more than MLE and there is no way that Toronto is gonna do a S&T for Jax or Tins.

How the hell is Saras a keeper what has he done to deserve to be a keeper? If JO,AJ,Tins,Jack dont deserve to be on the team then that bum definetly doesnt deserve to be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    I'd like Bird to talk Ainge into swapping PGs, Delonte West + Scalabrini for Tinsley.
    Re-sign Peja, let Freddy walk, use AJ as a backup SG, use Granger in a similar role to what Tayshaun Prince does in Detroit as the primary perimiter defender and bring Jax off the bench. Re-sign Pollard to a reasonable contract if he's willing to stay.

West/Saras
    Granger/AJ
    Peja/Jax
    JO/Foster/Scalabrini
    Hulk/Pollard

Good rebounding, defense and size. Hopefully West could help mitigate our weakness against quick opposing guards.

If Peja leaves, then Granger becomes starting SF and you need to move Jax to whoever will take him and somehow find a starting SG.

I dont think we could really be in the race for Mike James. He will almost certainly get more than MLE and there is no way that Toronto is gonna do a S&T for Jax or Tins.
    I'd love to get West, too. Really think Ainge would do that deal despite what his history would indicate?

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE
    I'd love to get West, too. Really think Ainge would do that deal despite what his history would indicate?
    Not sure. Ainge is supposed to have coveted Tins in the past. If he can put in some more 10+ assist games before the finals start then maybe. I'm sure Ainge remembers Tins being the decisive factor in last years series. I'd throw in a 1st rounder if that would get it done, Ainge is abit of a pick whore.

sweabs

Regarding Mike James...

He's almost definitely going to command a lot of money this summer. And if the Raptors want to please CB4, then one way they can show their committment to him is through the signing of Mike James. I'm not sure if many people will outbid the Raps.

Interestingly, I've been a big Mike James fan for the last few years. Don't get me wrong; he's been huge for the Raptors in some games this year...but he's assumed a different kind of role on this team. His defense is no where near what it once was with the Pistons, that is for sure. Also, Mike James has been one of the biggest ball-hogs down the 4th quarter of games. He really wants to take the big shot, which is good and has worked to his benefit, but he commands the ball for extended periods of time. He actually works the shotclock down to 3 or 4, holding onto the ball for the entire 20 seconds before shooting a long-range jumper in hopes of being the hero.

Like I said, he's been key for the Raps this year...but if I like the Mike James who shuts down the other team's PG, and I haven't seen that this year. Also, would we want another guy who commands the ball like James does? He can really adapt that "Fred Jones syndrome" where he's shooting every time. He's really not a true PG.

I've always thought Mike James was an extremely under-rated PG. He was great in Houston and I don't think Detroit used his offensive abilities enough. I wouldn't want to sign him for more than he is worth..and he is going to get a big *** deal from the Raptors.

As for our team, We need to get rid of Jackson and get a real SG who can slash. If that means packaging AJ/Tins into the deal to do it then so be it. I think this team needs a slashing scorer who can create his own shot in the worst of ways.

I like Mike James, but here's two red flags.

1. He'll be 31 on June 23rd. How much do you want to invest in a player that age?

2. Contract year.