Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Getting Bleak.....(My personal thoughts on game VS. Phoenix) Post-Game Thread?

sweabs

Default It's Getting Bleak.....(My personal thoughts on game VS. Phoenix) Post-Game Thread?

f
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: It's Getting Bleak.....(My personal thoughts on game VS. Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry & Donnie - the experiment is over with now. Things didn't work out. Let's not try and fool ourselves into thinking this project needs 'tweaks'. It doesn't. Let's get something new going - a new direction. Let's have a vision - because the guys right now have little direction as a cohesive unit.
    Well, I was going to post these same thoughts, but I'll just quote them instead. Keep Danny and David for sure, I'd like to keep Sarunas as well, and let's see what we can get from basically everyone else - even JO at this point.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Yes changes are needed, but tonight the team was just physically and mentally exhausted, it is what I call a schedule loss - due to the number of games they've played over the past 4 weeks.

That doesn't mean changes aren't needed, and I'm certainly not ready to put DH on the side of those I want to keep - not by a long shot

Jeez dude, that kind of writing would have taken me 2 weeks for a paper back in English Composition class in high school. Props.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

sweabs

g

I did not like Tinsley's game tonight. 4 turnovers - some careless ones again. And shooting 4-8 from the free throw line doesn't cut it. It didn't look like he came to tonight's game mentally prepared - he just never seemed into the game. I realize that Nash is a real tough cover, but I didn't see much defensive intensity from Tinsley and oftentimes it seemed like his frustration got the best of him on the offensive end committing offensive fouls and just some real questionable plays.
    That was one of the worst collective point guard performances I have ever witnessed. We rarely made anyone pay for helping out and everytime our guards drove they made us pay on a run out. The only time we looked like we were making Phoenix react to us was when we went Big and made Harrison the main weapon. Going small we got exploited quickly and easily on the defensive end. Lowlight: Sarunas trying to front Shawn Merion on the low block. Phoenix actually has an offense, which yielded them an open three or a dunk almost every time down the court. We, on the other hand, run sets or isolation, which may work for one or two possessions, but is easy to counter. Sitting back for a moment objectively, it was fun to watch Phoenix play a motion game where everyone on the floor could shoot, pass and take it to the rim. What a contrast that was to our miserable offensive slog through the bog.

Admittedly, the schedule has not favoured us, but since the 21st of March we have only played one more game than the Suns.
    Yes and did you see the scores of the Suns last two games, they got drilled. The NBA schedule catches up with every team sooner or later.

sweabs

gf

Mood

Default Re: It's Getting Bleak.....(My personal thoughts on game VS. Phoenix) Post-Game Thread?

UB, I agree, sometimes there are 'schedule losses.' But, c'mon, there are no excuses for this team any more. When every game looks like the last of an 8-game road trip, there are no excuses. Sure, it's the fourth game in five days, sure, we just lost a close one, yeah yeah yeah....we've heard all of these excuses and more. JO was out! SJax was out! JTins was just having a bad game! Blah, blah, blah....This team doesn't deserve the excuses we give them. I'm as optimistic of a person as you will ever find, but this team sucks. They are not mature enough, and truthfully not talented enough to beat the Suns, period.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Default Re: It's Getting Bleak.....(My personal thoughts on game VS. Phoenix) Post-Game Threa

[QUOTE=bly has no business being one in this league. His experience at that spot has practically been limited to this year in the USA, yet he came out tonight and did a hell of a job on the offensive end. Part of professionalism is coming out and doing what is asked of you when you're called upon to do so, and Sarunas proved that he was capable of doing so tonight.

.[/QUOTE]

it's hoops. he's a guard. the 2 spot is a guard spot.
    It's not THAT complicated........

18to88

Default Re: It's Getting Bleak.....(My personal thoughts on game VS. Phoenix) Post-Game Thread?

You guys complain about our players but all NBA players today are like that. They don't really give a ****. We'll never have those Pacers teams with players like Reggie, Mark Jackson, Antonio Davis, Dale Davis, Derrick McKey etc. again.

Mood

It's a different mentality. The ideal (IMO) 1-2 combo was Mark Jackson and Reggie Miller. Mark had a pass-first mentality, but a decent shot when left open; Reggie obviously was the shooter. Sarunas has the PG mindset of pass-first, and RC tries to force him into the shooter position. It is actually quite different.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    UB, I agree, sometimes there are 'schedule losses.' But, c'mon, there are no excuses for this team any more. When every game looks like the last of an 8-game road trip, there are no excuses. Sure, it's the fourth game in five days, sure, we just lost a close one, yeah yeah yeah....we've heard all of these excuses and more. JO was out! SJax was out! JTins was just having a bad game! Blah, blah, blah....This team doesn't deserve the excuses we give them. I'm as optimistic of a person as you will ever find, but this team sucks. They are not mature enough, and truthfully not talented enough to beat the Suns, period.

I'm not going to argue with you at all. but I'm not going to make any rash judgments based just on tonights game. And I think the scheudle is a very legitmate reason for the lack of energy

Let me say this, the game tonight honestly ruined the halftime ceremony for me. I will always have a bitter taste in my mouth and likely won't think too fondly of Reggie's jersey ceremony because of how the game went and how the team is currently playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Yes changes are needed, but tonight the team was just physically and mentally exhausted, it is what I call a schedule loss - due to the number of games they've played over the past 4 weeks.
    I don't think the Suns schedule has been easier than ours. Can't in any way see tonight's loss as a schedule loss. We simply are not playing well as a team. The team has lost its confidence and is not playing with purpose.

sweabs

Default Re: It's Getting Bleak.....(My personal thoughts on game VS. Phoenix) Post-Game Threa

fg

I enjoyed watching Tinsley come out late and sit on the bench with at least 3 min. left in halftime warmups and not even join the team, he could've practiced some free throws. And I also would be curious to see what S. Jax would score on the Wonderlic test- I think he may have the lowest basketball IQ in the league.

-J

Mood

I'm not making rash judgments either. This is what we've been watching for most of the season. The team is lethargic and lazy, making stupid plays and losing their heads. And, it's been like that ALL SEASON. Whether or not this game was a schedule loss isn't the big issue, really. I just don't think they deserve the excuse.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

We suck, and when you suck you dont win games. Thats just how it is. This is easily the lowest point of the season for me, much worse then when Ron asked for a trade. This is horrible, they are going out there just to get the game over with and go home. I'm not even getting mad anymore cause if they dont care I dont care either.

woman without a team

I'll make a rash judgement. The Pacers aren't making the playoffs.

Hate me all you want. As of 10:30 Thursday night I am offically a full fledged Chicago Bulls fan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I'll make a rash judgement. The Pacers aren't making the playoffs.

Hate me all you want. As of 10:30 Thursday night I am offically a full fledged Chicago Bulls fan.

....so you're switching from a team that's tanking to a team that's tanking worse?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    ....so you're switching from a team that's tanking to a team that's tanking worse?
    They're not tanking worse. I think they're only a game and a half out of the playoffs. Yes, they're remaining schedule is less than favorable and they can't play 48 consistent minutes, but I'm on the bandwagon with Stacey King.

I'm actually a closet Boston Celtic fan.

This is just step 1 of my 12 step program.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

You know why I'm real frustrated after tonight's loss? Maybe it has something to do with the circumstances. We just had one of the greatest players to ever don a Pacers jersey retire his number. This was a guy that many of the current players were fortunate enough to play with and learn from. So Reggie was back in the building today, so we could pay our tributes. You would think that our guys would be the slightest bit inspired by this commendation. After all, this is one of the all-time greats; a guy who embodies every bit of the word "professionalism" and "character"..

Larry Bird spoke about "taking a real hard look" at these guys over the summer, and that's about the only thing I'm looking forward to at this point. Because quite frankly, after tonights display especially, some of these players are wearing thin on me. Once again JO is out, and will likely try to "fight through this" until the end of the season. People speak of Brad Miller breaking down - but I mean geeze. This is the 2nd year in a row now.

Larry & Donnie - the experiment is over with now. Things didn't work out. Let's not try and fool ourselves into thinking this project needs 'tweaks'. It doesn't. Let's get something new going - a new direction. Let's have a vision - because the guys right now have little direction as a cohesive unit.
    Great wording, that I 100% aggree with.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

The way we're playing right now, there's no way the Bulls don't catch us.