Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts here on Reggie Miller ceremony (only)

Default Post your thoughts here on Reggie Miller ceremony (only)

Instead of posting about the game, let's have a thread about the halftime ceremony.

It was great to see Mark Jackson (expected him to be there), Mckey, Sam Perkins, AD, and especially Al and Dale who are currently playing in the NBA and had to take time to get to Conseco. Thanks for coming guys.

Let me get one negative out of the way. What a bunch of no class scumballs - those that booed the governor and the mayor - you almost ruined the ceremony and showed that you're a lowlife. I don't care if you hate those two guys, I don't care if you hate democrats or republicans, I don't care if you just hate all politicians, you don't boo them in that setting. OK enough about that.

I thought Donnie Walsh's speech was very well done, I thought for a second he might get a teary eyed there for a minute.

Reggie seemed to enjoy himself more than during last years ceremony, and he seemed so at ease with himself out there.

Overall a very touching ceremony

Default Re: Post your thoughts here on Reggie Miller ceremony (only)

Did anyone record the halftime ceremony? I came home from work this afternoon and crashed. I slept right through it. If someone recorded it I would love a copy of it.

Mark, as always, enjoyed you hosting the ceremony. No better voice and more appropriate host than you. Thanks for sticking with us for so long - Indiana truly is a better place than Minny (or whatever cold northern territory you hail from).
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Was totally surprised not to see the mayor by the way - I know we're hosting the final four and all this weekend, but come on - he can't spare an hour and quick appearance?

Nonetheless a nice program - enjoyed last year's season ending festivities a bit more though.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Buck, it's interesting that you noted the boos.
    Back in the day (pre 9-11 and before he became the untouchable hero here) I saw former Mayor Guiliani at several events, both sport and music related and there were always people that booed.

I don't get this, this is supposedly one thing that should bridge political differences so it saddened me when I saw it there.

The ceremony looked nice but I don't know if TNT left anything out.
    Was it just me but was the april ceremony with the Chicago Bulls a longer thing? Maybe it's just because I was there but this one seemed over very quickly.

Very nice though, it reminded me of Ewings retirement night which I also atteneded.

I love things like this.

They booed Daniels loudly both times he was introduced. Great to see the old guys. Current UCLA squad being on hand was a nice touch.

teY dennaB toN

The ceremony was appropriate and very classy. I'm glad that it wasn't too over-the-top.

I also agree that it was not the right setting for people to express their dissatisfaction with the politicians. But, it also would have been nice if Mitch wouldn't have made a lame sales pitch during his time. Oh well.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't support the boos, but I muted the tv and didn't pay much attention when Daniels and Peterson were on. I don't really think they were appropriate people to speak at the ceremony.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't support the boos, but I muted the tv and didn't pay much attention when Daniels and Peterson were on. I don't really think they were appropriate people to speak at the ceremony.
    While I agree with you 100%, there are a few etiquette rules involved, I think. Whenever you invite a local leader, especially a governor or President, it is customary for them to speak. So while it was awkward in some sense, I think it had to be done.

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

sweabs

Aw man - those are some great pictures right there.

Thanks a bunch MR!

Sports Logo

My thoughts as I saw Reggie on the floor was that our best chance to win a championship just got his # retired.

We're not gonna see a Championship with the current ist of players.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A tie?

Seriously, I can't get past that.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    While I agree with you 100%, there are a few etiquette rules involved, I think. Whenever you invite a local leader, especially a governor or President, it is customary for them to speak. So while it was awkward in some sense, I think it had to be done.
    While I would not have booed, I still think that it wasn't the time nor place to make a pitch for businesses to come to Indiana. That was the governor's subtle hint during his final words.

Im ecstatic that "my ***** mitch" got booed. I was right with the entire stadium in booing that jerk.

That was such a classy gesture he made with the tie.
    then: adverb - at that time; at the time in question

than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

18to88

Whatever, the boos weren't that loud for Mitch, who by the way is a great Governor. Turning this ****hole of a state around takes time you guys. You can't undo 16 years in one.

Anyway the ceremony was pretty good. My favorite part was definitely seeing old Pacers but where the hell was Smits? I didn't expect to see the Dale, Antonio, and Al. It makes you really miss all those guys. Where was Larry?

MagicRat - I noticed you did a little photoshopping that picture of the score board.

**Don't get on me about the political statements I made because you guys did it too**

I dont know what game you were at but the boos were outrageously loud.

Yeah Mitch is a great governor, I especially like him for:

him and his wife refusing to live in the governors mansion and instead building a new house on giest to live in

attempting to have the state pay for another lame RV

slashing school budgets and temporarlly shutting down all construction at ips schools who by the way are in dire need of renovations most schools still have asbestos insulation

hes a great guy

than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

18to88

Quote Originally Posted by indypacerfan54
    I dont know what game you were at but the boos were outrageously loud.

Yeah Mitch is a great governor, I especially like him for:

him and his wife refusing to live in the governors mansion and instead building a new house on giest to live in

attempting to have the state pay for another lame RV

slashing school budgets and temporarlly shutting down all construction at ips schools who by the way are in dire need of renovations most schools still have asbestos insulation

hes a great guy
    Atleast he can spell words that a 4th grader could...

Back to the ceremony. I loved it when everyone said "Smooth" when Sam Perkins was introduced. Damn, I miss those days.

awe shux eye feal sooo stoopid know

woman without a team

I don't know what Reggie thinks of the governor or the mayor but I can GUARANTEE he wasn't at all happy that people booed. Even if he hates them both more than he ever hated the Knicks he would never in a million years boo either of them or support those who do. Why do I feel so strongly about it? It's the same reason he never went off on Larry Brown when he was the coach. You may think he's the biggest horse's ***, but you respect the office.

Tim

Dale and Al are both on active rosters and made it, yet where is Rik?

It was nice to see Reggie and his family.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Dale and Al are both on active rosters and made it, yet where is Rik?
    Hangin' out somewhere with Mel Daniels I assume.

At first, I thought they were booing Sam, and I was just thinking "Those *******s.", but then I sat and thought, then DING oh Smooth, sweet.

I also wanted to know where Rik Was.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Needless to say when I saw Dale Davis walk out of the locker room I

I don't care what anybody says I'll take Dale, Tony, Satan, Reggie & Mark Jackson right now with Big Smooth & hell Mark Boyle coming off of the bench & would still beat this current group of Pacers.

I know it wouldn't be popular here but I would have really liked to have seen Larry Brown make the trip to see this as well because IMO Reggie grew so much as a player under him.

BTW, Dick Harter & Bill Walton were in the house to see the show as well.

The only downside, well other than the booing, was that when Reggie said that he couldn't have done what he did without these guys behind him & he was talking about Dale, Tony, Al, etc. & instead of showing them on the center court monitor they showed the current group of @ssclowns posing as Pacers.

But it was all made up for in the end when Reggie went over & grabbed Dale & led him off of the bench.

It was a great moment & a great night to be a Pacers fan.

Mark Boyle did a great job & whoever made that video package they showed of the Pacers past deserves some extra pay. That was great.

Well, hopefully four more years & we will see a hall of fan introduction.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought it was a very nice ceremony. Again, not sure why the governor or mayor spoke (and REALLY confused by the tie thing), but they certainly should not have been booed in this setting. It was pretty cool seeing a lot of the old guys back in town, but we also wondered about Smits and Larry. A wonderful evening for Reggie, his family, and for his fans. I'm glad to see the #31 where it belongs...above the rest.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake