Thread: When the going gets tough, blame Jermaines leadership.

Default When the going gets tough, blame Jermaines leadership.

After every win I dont see many threads stating good things about particular players in comparison to when we lose and question either JO or Rick.

For the first time in a very long time we have a full first team lineup but because we lost its because Jermaines immature cause he put his fingers up to the miami crowd indicating 2 - 1. Or Rick shouldnt have let Tinsley play closing out the game.

One day its 'Tins should close out games' another day its 'Tins shouldnt have closed out the game.' 'JO is coming back finally' then he gets blamed for not being a good leader yet alot of the same people questioning his leadership skills want to trade him for KG. Is KG a proven leader....nope. In fact JO is a better leader the KG. Reggie stated JO has been the team leader for the past few years and in that time we went to the ECF and lost out partly because of injuries. Last year we all know the story but JO returned early from injury to push us as much as he could and we lost out to the better team in Detroit.

Why is it that Artest can run into the stands and ruin our whole season but then be welcomed back so greatfully the next year. Everyone was rooting for Artest saying he should be leader, he should be the main scoring option etc. and he f'd us over. JO is very loyal to this franchise and alot of people want to 'betray' JO.

Is it a coincedence that since Artest has gone to Sacramento he is less of a defensive presence then he used to be here. When Artest was here and was playing against the LeBrons and Kobes they would know that if they pass Artest there is a good defensive blocker in JO so maybe JO assisted Artests defense greatly.

So lets imagine JO was the one traded and we kept Artest who has been shooting terribly for Sacramento since he joined. Hes something like 10-50 in the past 4 games to name a few. Would we be better off with Artest and no JO? Never. JO is a top 3 PF in the league. He is loyal and has heart and a will to win. He is showing he is happy with change and will do whatever for the team to succeed.

In 4 games back with our full linep we are 2-2 and the 2 games we lost were to 2 of the best teams in the NBA, by a small margin and we had our franchise player still getting back to form and the new offense.

I also seen a thread about Arenas and he is a great player I dont deny that. But did you see the Celtics game when he scored with about 10 secs left to put Wiz up and he started prancing round the court with his 2 middle fingers up. Everyone in that thread loves him but didnt highlight he can also have moments of cockiness. Its because JO is on our team that its highlighted so much but dont say JO should do this or that and not be so cocky then go and dream about having Arenas.

Sports Logo

Default Re: When the going gets tough, blame Jermaines leadership.

Who was blaming J.O.? well other than the total lack of rebounds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who was blaming J.O.? well other than the total lack of rebounds.
    I am.

I think he's a punk. His actions speak louder to me than his words, and his punkish theatrics tell me more about him than his phoney leadership oratory.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. Someone's bringing the leavy artillary today....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

It's not like Pacers Digest is one person. All those opinions came from different people, most of whom couldn't agree on what restaurant to eat in, let alone what they do or don't like about a basketball team.

You want to call someone out, that's fine. But grow some guts and name the posters specifically and provide quotes.

Jermaine gets called out alot in terms of leadership primarliy because he is, through the money he is getting paid and also because LB and DW has pretty much said so, the leader and current "Face" of the franchise.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Wow. Someone's bringing the leavy artillary today....
    Where's George W.?

Wait, that's levee. Nevermind.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

If It Keeps On Rainin, Levee's Goin' To Break

Woops, sorry. Got carried away.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    It's not like Pacers Digest is one person. All those opinions came from different people, most of whom couldn't agree on what restaurant to eat in, let alone what they do or don't like about a basketball team.

You want to call someone out, that's fine. But grow some guts and name the posters specifically and provide quotes.
    Hey, we agree on the Pizza King in Castleton!

Or maybe Perkins...

AIIIIEEEEEEEEE.......................
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh