Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Pacers vs. Heat Post-Game Thread (Pacers lose, 96-91)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Official Pacers vs. Heat Post-Game Thread (Pacers lose, 96-91)

If there wasn't a damn good reason Hulk didn't play tonight, Rick should be run outta here at the end of the season.

The refs were a horrendous joke tonight.

Tinsley and AJ sucked on both ends of the floor, so why not play Runi?

That is all right now. I'm too pissed to say anything more.

Default Re: The Official Pacers vs. Heat Post-Game Thread (Pacers lose, 96-91)

I small ball!

Jamaal Tinsley had his Steve Nash impression with his hot, hot shooting touch tonight!

This sucked.

The problem with the Pacers is that their first half is always fools gold. They'll never finish as well as they start. Everyone should probably just start watching the games as halftime, then they won't be upset when the team's play drops off a cliff in the second half.

IndyToad
    Stronger than all the others

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, idiot coaching moves and Tinsley jacking up everything.

Horrible. But, this is how we exsist, blowing double-digit leads. We gave this to Miami.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I am so sick of giving up leads. That's why it was so shocking that we pulled out the win yesterday, I didn't think it would be sustainable.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

I have lost all faith in Rick.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wll, are You guys worried what happenes woth JO when the body cools down - let's say in the morning ?

Also - Shaq eneded a game with only ONE foul. Welcome to the "Kings world" of frustrations because that fat *** is allowed everything
    Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores!

TXPacerFan

peja scored 11 in the 3rd quarter.... ends up taking just 2 shots in the fourth... and the PGs sucked...

Well, let's see. We got outrebounded by twenty, ten offensively and we've got one of the top rebounders in the game in Foster playing just 12 minutes. I will concede that Pollard defends Shaq well so it's situational to some point. JO offers a lot more on offense but why is it he always seems to give up numerous offensive boards?

Shaq plays by his own rules, it's one thing I will always hate about the NBA.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

On a positive note, Jermaine had six assists and looked to be alright after the little scare. I'm just glad Jermaine looks to be alright. That at least gives us a chance at doing something in the playoffs. This game was a real rollar-coaster ride.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

I'm sick about whining about officiating after every loss.

The Pacers got outrebounded by more than 20 boards tonight. Outhustled and outmuscled. Would Hulk have helped? Sure.

Tinsley's shooting was pathetic.

The rebounding, shot selection, and odd distribution of minutes were 100% responsible for the loss, the officiating was 0% responsible for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by piksi
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wll, are You guys worried what happenes woth JO when the body cools down - let's say in the morning ?

Also - Shaq eneded a game with only ONE foul. Welcome to the "Kings world" of frustrations because that fat *** is allowed everything
    And he picked that one foul up just a few seconds into the game.

What a joke.

ghost

Quote Originally Posted by piksi
    ... Welcome to the "Kings world" of frustrations because that fat *** is allowed everything...
    It was Blazers world before that.

This game doesn't upset me much. They are BETTER than the Pacers. If you're Miami, you're supposed to beat the Pacers at home. If we were at home, I'd be a little more pissed.

Some positives:
    Jackson was great.
    Pollard and Foster were active. Doesn't show in the numbers.
    JO is starting to get his groove back.

Now, the bad:
    Point guard play, was awful. It happens. People have off days. Tins was great yesterday. Off game by both him and AJ.
    Rebounding, especially late, was terrible. We get some defensive boards, we probably win this game. The Anderson put-back was the turning point in the see-saw fourth, IMO.

I am encouraged by what I'm seeing with this lineup. They are still gelling. It will take some more time to see just how good they can be. If I'm in the East, I'm not wanting to play the Pacers in the playoffs. Things will get better for this team, if they continue to gel more. The signs so far are encouraging. They played a great half. Now they have to work on playing a great GAME, not just a half. It will come.

I don't think Harrison would have helped.

Shaq better get suspended for the next game

I too would like to know why, of all games, Carlisle chose this one not to use Harrison. Is it Thursday yet? I want to hear him explain this one. And Runi coming in at the final minute? WTF? Why wasn't Runi in during the whole damn 4th quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan.
    On a positive note, Jermaine had six assists and looked to be alright after the little scare. I'm just glad Jermaine looks to be alright. That at least gives us a chance at doing something in the playoffs. This game was a real rollar-coaster ride.
    Jermaine has been passing out of the post well

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE
    Well, let's see. We got outrebounded by twenty, ten offensively and we've got one of the top rebounders in the game in Foster playing just 12 minutes. I will concede that Pollard defends Shaq well so it's situational to some point. JO offers a lot more on offense but why is it he always seems to give up numerous offensive boards?
    Because the next time he blocks out in a game it will be the first time.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg
    I am encouraged by what I'm seeing with this lineup. They are still gelling. It will take some more time to see just how good they can be.
    Uh. We don't really have a lot of time.

Not to mention that I don't think either Tinsley or JO have quite hit their injury quota yet.

IndyToad
    Help spread the word

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

Shaq better get suspended for the next game
    We got outrebounded by 20.

TWENTY.

And Shaq being suspended next game does not help us at all.

Also remember it was a back-to-back.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

NaptownBound

i don't know guys... *shrugs*
    i'm confuzzled about this game.

and next up... our nemesis.

ATL shawty!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    You also thought Harrison was not a NBA-caliber player....

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    We got outrebounded by 20.

TWENTY.

And Shaq being suspended next game does not help us at all.

And Harrison would have helped that?