Thread: Does anyone on here know anything about xhtml coding?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Does anyone on here know anything about xhtml coding?

I have an assignment due by midnight tonight and the coding won't show up whenever I upload it to the server. I don't see what I'm doing wrong. Maybe something is incorrectly formatted.

Also, how do I insert a bookmark link into the coding? I can't seem to find the tag structure for it.

Mood

Default Re: Does anyone on here know anything about xhtml coding?

I'm OK with regular HTML, but I don't know what makes XHTML different. I thought it only added more tags, but I'm not sure.

What exactly do you mean by "the coding"? Is the assignment about programing a webpage?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Does anyone on here know anything about xhtml coding?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm OK with regular HTML, but I don't know what makes XHTML different. I thought it only added more tags, but I'm not sure.

What exactly do you mean by "the coding"? Is the assignment about programing a webpage?
    It's not that different, it's mostly just less forgiving. You have to be sure to close all tags and everything is case-sensitive (all lower-case). Plus, you need a DOCTYPE declaration to make it work.

Yeah, the coding is just basically for an index page.

I only have a basic knowledge of regular HTML anyway. I managed to figure out everything except adding a bookmark link. I tried a couple different anchor tags, but couldn't get either to work.