Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Woe is me,

  1. #1
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Woe is me,

    shame and scandal in the family.

    What a performance, truly, amazing but so predictable that it's sad and laughable at the same time.

    Let's start by saying that I miss Peck's odds once again and am dissapointed by that, surely he's not waiting for me to post my vinegar and vitriol?

    Since he's to busy, I will post some thought, under a plausible header, because it was all woes and the result is an outright scandal in our little Pacers family.

    I won't comment (yet) on Rosen's article (can you call it that?) that was mentioned in another thread, but make my own here.

    First quarter, not that good, and the remainder downright deadly poor.

    How come? Fatigue? No chance. "Off" day at the office? No chance. Bad players? No chance.

    There are a few things happening, those few things are killing what little chemistry we had and doing a darned fine job of it, it's as simple as that.

    This team has been in dissarray so long and so much that the "natural" pecking order has been disturbed so badly that despite the Ron Artest trade we did not heal yet.

    Now some players are labelled "injury prone" without a definition of the word, so I decided to look it up, strangely enough no dictionary touches upon the word combination, but google (for now) is (still) our friend.

    So it relates to sport, whoopee, and the most "injury-prone" bodypart is by far the knees, followed by the ankles. Something I would have never guessed
    Then I found this little gem: "About 85 per cent of elite and recreational badminton players (!) are injured during an average year, 65 per cent of regular runners are hit by the injury bug, and 21 percent of walkers are afflicted (by definition, an 'injury' is a physical problem severe enough to force a reduction in training)."

    And I found out that "injury prone" is usually a result of "wrong movement" by the sports-person. It can even be "reduced significantly" according to Vicon Peak, who £research" the player and advice changes in movement or ways of moving to reduce the chance of injury, often injuries seem to occur from "wrong basic movement"

    Now all that leads to what I stated long time ago; IF a player is "injury prone" then the injury he has should be re-occurring to begin with, i.e. the same injury or a closely related injury patern should emerge.

    Anyone of you willing on the bases of that to still call our players, or the two it is about mostly, JO and JT, injury prone is invited to prove their position other then by pointing to the amount of games missed. "bad luck" is easier to describe these injuries.

    Sinusitis, despite what our residential quack says, is not something to take to lightly, but..... Tins was out for "flue like symptoms" which is a very natural occurrance and specially sports people have usually a lower tolerance then "normal" people, for various reasons.

    So since it aint the flue and it aint his sinusses, it must be dope.

    Oh and yeah, we know that for sure because those who come up with that are or used to be heavy users who recognise the symptoms OR were present while it happened........

    If that doesn't stick well then it has to be the boozer they went on last night (while in Memphis.............)

    What this does is only showing that this board is just as dysfunctional as the team, a shambles.

    So back to basketball and why the team is in shambles. Ready for some bashing?

    At this moment in time I am sure that all practise time is concentrating on getting JO, Peja and Tins synched, that means that the current lineup will be changed, (no surprise) and NO I do not know this for sure, but it is so logic that it hurts, because they are the only 3 starters for the post season barring injury you can be sure of.

    AJ played like AJ last night, that much was clear, neither of our 1st two PG's is a "shooting" PG despite what some people say, and they mainly run the plays Rick calls, so if they shoot, it is usually a standing order.

    Jeff was not really Jeff, I was not impressed with his defense last night, but then again, everyone after the first 10 minutes seemed to get out of position once or twice to often.

    Polly was Polly, hard working -eof-
    Jax, was he there? not on defense at least, he was just not available for anything it seemed, his attitude is costly, no matter what you say, he does not come to play if it is not his ball, and when it is not his ball he also refuses to play defense.
    jax is one of those players that has "grown" into the "wrong" role. Originally signed to be the 6th man at best he was pushed in a starters role at SF because of the Artest suspension and upon failing to find an affordable SG starter, he was "moved" into the starting SG role at the beginning of the year.
    Then his homey threw a socket wrench into a running engine and he made a choice to "stay with it" by voting him off as well but covered his "image" by supporting his mate in public. One can only assume this does/did not go down to well with the rest of the team.
    Comments of late of players urging other players to play basketball and stop (re-)acting towards referees are tale-telling of more then Hulk's antics, they go deeper, all the way to Jax.
    Peja is absolutely the best replacement money could buy for Ron Artest, but like Reggie he is somewhat dependant on team movement, screens and crisp passing, something lacking without Tinsley.
    He did not hit great shots, but I must move Peja in the "if all else fails I can not carry it alone" category.
    Then the "second coming" came into the game, with a performance that was to say the least nauseating. If that is described as "being ready when called upon" then we need to redefine some books and history, can I please have 10 drunk, stoned, injury prone, pouting and injury faking PG's in exchange for whatever you want?
    Throwing a no-look pass behind a player and then acting pissed off with that player for not paying attention to you was the best reason I've seen in some time for jacking a player from the line-up. But combine that attitude with some of the (international) press clipping we were allowed to share around here previously and you have another disaster chemistry wise on a team that is brittle to say the least to begin with.

    Hulk had another poor "shooting" night, but grabbed a decent amount of rebounds, and usedhis body and did not receive a concussion this time, so that is called progress, though I am still under the impression that a clean block is not a foul, the zebras do not agree with me, so I will try and show a better attitude then David and shut up about it.
    Yes another one the "team" is unhappy with, David, shut up and play, your attitude maybe a mirror of Jax' at times, you are not going to win anything with it, so leave it already.

    Danny, when his shot didn't want to do what it usually does, and after tweaking his ankle one could not expect anything from him, perhaps except if it happens again being called "injury prone".

    Fred, 0-7 (which seems to be a regular number lately for him) is pathetic, I know he's playing with a hand injury but perhaps he should hold on the shot attempts and drive and dish some more, in my opinoin he favours the injured hand to much and will only be a "body" while that heals, I do hope however that his mental state does not suffer from it.

    In short, this team has clear chemistry problems, and whether they are stemming from overtalkative SG's pouting PG's or just stem from people who know what is happening in practise and fear for their minutes and position is not really important.
    I predict (ok ok go out on a limb) to say that JO's return will signal JT's return to the starting lineup and that besides Peja all starter positions at this moment in time are up for grabs. Rightfully so I would add.

    And no, I do not advocate wholesale changes, Jax and perhaps Saras out will most likely do more good then many realize.

    But barring injury illness from JT I do not see Saras back on the floor soon, and I certainly would not be surprised to see Jax on the bench as well.

    Perhaps it really is time for JO to come back and kick some *** on the team itself.
    God knows we can certainly use him on the court right now.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  2. #2
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    [QUOTE=able] Sinusitis, despite what our residential quack says,

    Low blow.



    In short, this team has clear chemistry problems,

    I agree, Reggie said Ron wasn't the problem at the beginning of the year, and he wasn't talking about Saras. I think it's Jax and Tins.

  3. #3
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    \

    Sinusitis, despite what our residential quack says, is not something to take to lightly, but.....
    What an idiotic thing to say, all in hopes of defending poor 'lil Tins-tins, even.

    Screw that, screw your post, screw Tins, and screw you, buddy.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  4. #4
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What an idiotic thing to say, all in hopes of defending poor 'lil Tins-tins, even.

    Screw that, screw your post, screw Tins, and screw you, buddy.
    A lower blow!

  5. #5
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    That post gave me a headache.

    Maybe it's just too early to try and comprehend that much muddling....



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  6. #6

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I predict (ok ok go out on a limb) to say that JO's return will signal JT's return to the starting lineup and that besides Peja all starter positions at this moment in time are up for grabs. Rightfully so I would add.
    This clearly leads to a mess: changing roles, new chmistry issues, new system and so on. AJ is effective with starters, but we don't know how effective he will be with 2nd unit. Tins & JO starting imo will lead to the old offense system as they both are not used to the new one (and the new one is falling appart after Tins return)...
    I'm not saying that Tins & JO shouldn't be the starters, maybe Pacers need a shake-up now, I just want to say that Pacers are screwed and I see only a little positives, which could save us.

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But barring injury illness from JT I do not see Saras back on the floor soon, and I certainly would not be surprised to see Jax on the bench as well.
    I certainly would be surprised to see Jax on the bench. Jax should have been benched a long long time ago.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

  7. #7
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    losing the content and tripping over a word.....

    quack: — ORIGIN abbreviation of earlier quacksalver, from Dutch, probably from obsolete quacken ‘prattle’ + salf ‘salve’.

    Furthermore is it used commonly in the UK to refer to a doctor.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  8. #8
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Furthermore is it used commonly in the UK to refer to a doctor.

    No *****!

    It's flat out disrespectful and mean, and you know it.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  9. #9
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by DeS
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This clearly leads to a mess: changing roles, new chmistry issues, new system and so on. AJ is effective with starters, but we don't know how effective he will be with 2nd unit. Tins & JO starting imo will lead to the old offense system as they both are not used to the new one (and the new one is falling appart after Tins return)...
    I'm not saying that Tins & JO shouldn't be the starters, maybe Pacers need a shake-up now, I just want to say that Pacers are screwed and I see only a little positives, which could save us.
    If you stop to think about that "team chemistry" (which imo is a mess already anyway) then you will see that there is no way of simply "inserting" JO back into the current starting lineup or rotations.

    Where does it leave Granger, Harrisson, Pollard?

    So wholesale changes will have to be made and given that there is a month time, are likely to be made to mainly see how Peja and JO are working together, you have to throw JT in there in that case as well so you have a fait a complit that you will have to work from which leads to that statement from me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeS
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I certainly would be surprised to see Jax on the bench. Jax should have been benched a long long time ago.
    It is for that reason that it would not surprise me, the opportunity is "bigger" when JO is back, JO, Peja and for instance Granger(Jeff-David-Polly), JT and AJ can easily resolve the "lost" offense from Jax, in other words, we do not "need" him as bad with JO back and Peja on the floor.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  10. #10
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,505

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    My God you'll work overtime to defend Tinsley... Very low blow in doing so...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #11

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you stop to think about that "team chemistry" (which imo is a mess already anyway) then you will see that there is no way of simply "inserting" JO back into the current starting lineup or rotations.
    I am talking about "team chemistry" from a teamwork (mutual understanding) point of view. But ok, I can stop thinking about it. I even can image, that Tins (&JO &all other) will be healthy for the rest of the season.
    But... there are 2 ways to go (with Tins & JO as starters): to create the new system or to revert to the old system (with some minor tweaking to include Peja). And Imho there is no time left to create->test->adjust->improve_for_playoffs the new system. Most likely Rick will go 2nd way.

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is for that reason that it would not surprise me, the opportunity is "bigger" when JO is back, JO, Peja and for instance Granger(Jeff-David-Polly), JT and AJ can easily resolve the "lost" offense from Jax, in other words, we do not "need" him as bad with JO back and Peja on the floor.
    Maybe, I just thinking - was it really that necessary to keep Jax on floor (that many minutes)?
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

  12. #12
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    I think we may have a culture clash here. I get the impression where able is from (or lives now; maybe both), "quack" is not viewed as a derogatory slang, whereas in the United States it usually is.

  13. #13
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,920

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Anyone have a link to this Rosen article?

    I know I have been the resident AJ basher and he certainly sucked last night. I will say this. He is the second best pg on the team right now and Sarunas makes him look like and honest to god pg. I would be perfectly fine with not ever seeing him in a Pacer uniform again.

    I really really really really wanted him to replace AJ. I had very high hopes for his role on this team and he is just not an NBA point guard. He may have been the best in europe but he is not even a very good backup pg in the NBA. (think what Jason Kidd or Jamaal or Andre Miller could to in the euro league. )

    Tinsley needs to start tonight. Fred needs to sit untill his hand is healed he is a turnover waiting to happen. At this point I would start AJ at SG and let Eddie Gill be the backup pg (limited minutes AJ would get some of them). Let Jack come off the bench and make it known to him the reason he has lost his starting job is because of his inability to pay attention durring games.

    At the end of the Kings game we ran the lineup Tins, AJ, Peja, Granger, Foster. That should be our starters tonight unless J.O. is back and then Granger can play backup to him and Peja.

  14. #14
    3ballinhoop
    Guest

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    It's not a cultural clash in any way, this word is used in the same way in english, german, all scandinavian languages and of course dutch which it derives from.
    A quacksalver is simply a person who treats people without medical education or in an extremely questionable way, praising blufftechniques as the real deal. "Kwakken" is dutch for the sound ducks make.

    Nobody can claim that doctors are "commonly" referred to as quacks in the UK. That is simply not true and I would like to see this dude tell his own doctor that he thinks he is a quack. He would get educated quicker than fingers can write that kind of posts. It's extremely disrespectful, and born out of this guys blind and stubborn love for his player.

    P.S. I don't like the way Jamaal Tinsley plays, the way he behaves, nor how he is always injured and never plays. Deal with it.

  15. #15
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,505

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have a link to this Rosen article?

    I know I have been the resident AJ basher and he certainly sucked last night. I will say this. He is the second best pg on the team right now and Sarunas makes him look like and honest to god pg. I would be perfectly fine with not ever seeing him in a Pacer uniform again.

    I really really really really wanted him to replace AJ. I had very high hopes for his role on this team and he is just not an NBA point guard. He may have been the best in europe but he is not even a very good backup pg in the NBA. (think what Jason Kidd or Jamaal or Andre Miller could to in the euro league. )

    Tinsley needs to start tonight. Fred needs to sit untill his hand is healed he is a turnover waiting to happen. At this point I would start AJ at SG and let Eddie Gill be the backup pg (limited minutes AJ would get some of them). Let Jack come off the bench and make it known to him the reason he has lost his starting job is because of his inability to pay attention durring games.

    At the end of the Kings game we ran the lineup Tins, AJ, Peja, Granger, Foster. That should be our starters tonight unless J.O. is back and then Granger can play backup to him and Peja.

    Just a couple of weeks ago, with a regular role, Sarunas was doing fine as the second unit PG. Harrison was involved in the offense. There were some nifty assists taking place. He was distributing the ball to hot hands as well as getting everyone their touches. The team was winning. Suddenly, Tinsley comes back and roles are changed. Rotations change. ...And now Sarunas isn't a PG. And the team is losing.

    I don't think the team was winning solely because Sarunas was playing nor do I think the team is losing soley because Tinsley has supplanted him. But I don't discount continuity, or more aptly-the lack of continuity, as a major factor in all of this.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. #16
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    I think Saras will be a very good backup next year. It seems like he's hit a wall or something. He is still a rookie. He will be a good player for us, though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  17. #17
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5435056

    Ragnar here goes the link.

  18. #18
    3ballinhoop
    Guest

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Bball, you are very very right!
    Why don't you go ahead and evaluate Saras after what he has done in the matches where he started or really played a lot at pg. Just a couple of weeks ago, he started against Washington backed up only by Gill and led the team to a win. He was also playing pretty solid as the backup pg. Not good for his standard, but solid, and the team was winning.
    Now here you try to tell me he sucks, when he comes in for a few minutes after 4 straight DNP's, clearly without any confidence from the coach. You know, i'm not buying that. The good Jasikevicius, and i'm confident a lot of people in this league would love this player, needs some backing up from his coach, and he hasn't gotten any of that from the first second he came to the Pacers. Luckily, i am sure he will show it to many of the people who don't like him, here or somewhere else.

    The Pacers have sucked since Tinsley is back. Not because Tinsley is a super-suck player, but, i support Bball on this one, because the roles were stirred up, and now the team has no rythm.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley needs to start tonight.
    I wonder if you actually believe your own words..

  20. #20

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lower blow!
    Not really. To impugn a man in the manner in which able did is personal. What SIG did wasn't. His reaction was understandable, considering. Questioning Kaufman's medical expertise is one thing, calling him "the resident quack" is quite another, and is about as low as I've seen someone get here.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Able, I've been reading PD for months now, and started posting just recently.
    I got to tell you it seems your'e involved in just too many nasty clashes lately. Your'e generally fun to read, but you are way too aggressive at times.
    For me - the peak was the posts that led a member called 'Fifo' to leave. I thought he was an interesting non-offensive participant, and I thought these incidents actually hurt the forum.
    I really don't want this to seem like a personal attack.
    Just asking to cool down a little, and have respect like you are respected.
    Thanks..

  22. #22
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by Seed
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Able, I've been reading PD for months now, and started posting just recently.
    I got to tell you it seems your'e involved in just too many nasty clashes lately. Your'e generally fun to read, but you are way too aggressive at times.
    For me - the peak was the posts that led a member called 'Fifo' to leave. I thought he was an interesting non-offensive participant, and I thought these incidents actually hurt the forum.
    I really don't want this to seem like a personal attack.
    Just asking to cool down a little, and have respect like you are respected.
    Thanks..
    Fifo left?

    I always seem to miss these kinds of 'debacles'.

    I enjoyed reading his posts. Few were the times I didn't agree with him. But whether I agreed or not is of course not the point here: it's about the fact that his posts were well-thought, respectful and well put.

  23. #23
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,920

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a couple of weeks ago, with a regular role, Sarunas was doing fine as the second unit PG. Harrison was involved in the offense. There were some nifty assists taking place. He was distributing the ball to hot hands as well as getting everyone their touches. The team was winning. Suddenly, Tinsley comes back and roles are changed. Rotations change. ...And now Sarunas isn't a PG. And the team is losing.

    I don't think the team was winning solely because Sarunas was playing nor do I think the team is losing soley because Tinsley has supplanted him. But I don't discount continuity, or more aptly-the lack of continuity, as a major factor in all of this.

    -Bball
    The thing you are missing is that Rick has changed Davids role durring this time and that has coincided with his downturn more than any pg change. If it were just Tinsley or AJ then David would have looked good again last night and he did not.

    Lets get this clear. David Harrison is an off the ball weak side of the floor player. That is where he shines and that is where he was playing when Sarunas was able to find him for all of those open looks. Many of you have incredibly short memorys so I will remind you that earlier this year he was also playing extrmemly well and that was with Tinsley in the lineup. Both instances he was playing off the ball and the plays were not run to get the ball to him in the post.

    There were plays run for him but they were having him on the weak side and driving the lane in order to get him open. Both Jamaal and Sarunas are good at this. The downturn in Davids play coincides with Rick starting to use him in the low post and actually running the offense through him on some plays ala Jermaine Oneal. I believe Rick started doing this to get the team ready for Jeremaine's return.

    Actually if you want to induldge the conspiracy theorist in me, I think Rick has been using poor substitutions and miss using players in order to sell everyone on a return to the offense we all know and hate but thats for another thread.

    The thing that can not be denied is that when Jamaal has been in at the ends of games we have won those games. And that when AJ has been in we have lost. That is a undeniable fact not a suposition on my part. Now how is it that AJ could have turned back into a pumpkin when he was playing fairly well. Again the substitutions have been poor (Fred is doing more harm than good right now and David is playing a role he is not suited for) and Rick has changed the way he has been using some of the players.

    Rick knew we had to win the Kings game. We needed it as a fan base and the players needed it. In that game David played the weak side of the floor, AJ got minutes at the backup 2 with Tinsley at the end of the game. And what happened we put on a run and won the game going away. Why did he not use the same rotations and why did he go back to miss using David right after that? Again I think he is getting us ready for the return of the offense we hate.

  24. #24
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,748

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Why in the hell would you want to read that Rosen article?

    It was a pile of ****, which could be out down by a 6th grader with no prior basketball knowledge.

    He listed AJ, Foster, Freddie, Scot, and Granger as the ONLY keepers on the whole team. Right there he lost me.

    Then read the individual bios.

    He picks on Harrison because he "routinely ran back on defense with his head turned away from the ball. And showed both an unwillingness and an inability to pass the ball." His *****ing was the only other downside to his piece on DH.

    We've all noticed that post offense is designed to get the shot. Whether we moan about JO, Jax, and now DH is irrelevant. He's saying Harrison never will be more than a "garbage time" player because of it. What an idiot.

    Now look at Freddie's writing. "Fred Jones: Couldn't buy a bucket (0-7, zero points). When he finally did put the ball through the ring he was tooted for a charge! And, although he worked hard, his defense was equally as ineffective.

    But Jones is a streaky shooter who simply had a game he'd like to forget. On a championship-caliber team, Jones could easily be the go-to scorer on the second unit."

    Yet Fred is a keeper, and Hulk is garbage......
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  25. #25
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,920

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Woe is me,

    Quote Originally Posted by Seed
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if you actually believe your own words..
    Have you watched many games? If so I dont know how you could question that. The Pacers win 75% of the games he starts and finishes. We win 50% of the games started and finished by AJ. Actually this year I believe AJ's record is now south of .500

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •