Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Please sign Fizer now!

  1. #1

    Default Please sign Fizer now!

    Seattle isn't offering him another 10-day because they want to play young guys.

    Austin is out for maybe the year. We never know when Pollard can play. Jeff hasn't exactly been "Cal Ripkin" when it comes to durability.

    While I like it that Danny is getting all the minutes he can handle, we desperately need another big guy on the bench in case of any injury at all.

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    My guess is they're just going to wait 2-3 weeks for JO.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,639

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Zendon Hamilton is available!

  4. #4
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Dennis Rodman is available!



  5. #5
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    He wont be eligeble for the playoffs.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #6
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    We should clearly just release Jermaine, sign Shawn Kemp and Rodman

    and trade for olowokandi, i mean trade tins for olowokandi

    just let jackson run point guard and let him call the plays too

    that is what we should do
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  7. #7
    Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should clearly just release Jermaine, sign Shawn Kemp and Rodman

    and trade for olowokandi, i mean trade tins for olowokandi

    just let jackson run point guard and let him call the plays too

    that is what we should do
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,453
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Actually if the Pacers signed Marcus Fizer he would be eligable for the playoffs. He played on no nba team this season before the March 1st deadline. If you played and were waived then signed after the March 1st you are ineligable. That why Tim Thomas had to be signed before March 1st because he had been on the active roster before that date as a Bull.

    But Zendon Hamilton would not be able to play in the playoffs because he played I think in Cleveland earlier this season. Dennis Rodman (god forbid) would be eligable tho.

  9. #9
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually if the Pacers signed Marcus Fizer he would be eligable for the playoffs. He played on no nba team this season before the March 1st deadline. If you played and were waived then signed after the March 1st you are ineligable. That why Tim Thomas had to be signed before March 1st because he had been on the active roster before that date as a Bull.
    He was signed with Seattle AFTER the march 1 deadline.

    Once you are with a team after march 1 you are no longer playoff-eligebele after you get cut. Thats why they have the deadline.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Doesn't matter to me one bit if he's eligible for the playoffs or not; we'd be signing him to fill in the gap while we wait for JO or Croshere (probably just JO now) to come back.

  11. #11
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,453
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    No he signed after March 1st is why he is eligable, because he had not been on an nba roster before that date- waived players must be signed before that date .

    The Pacers could bring in a player from the CBA, ABA, Europe or a player like Keon Clark who has not played in the nba this season or been on the roster and they are eligable to play in the playoffs.

    But any player who has been waived and played this season or was on the roster but did not play during the regular season in the nba is ineligable if signed after March 1st. Thats the way the rule reads .

    Tony Delk had not played but was on the Hawks roster all season is why the Pistons had to sign him by March 1st.

  12. #12
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    You're wrong on so many levels.

    The rule is this:

    -If you are on a roster after march 1, that is the ONLY roster you will be playoff-eligible for, period.

    SO many poeple screw up this rule, even most beat-writers.

    That's the rule. Period. Fizer is playoff elibele for Seattle, but if he's vut he would NOT be for Indiana.

    Tony Delk meanwhile, was cut before march 1, so he could have signed at ANY point and been able to be on a playoff roster.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #13

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Frankly, I don't want him either way.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  14. #14
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    I'd like to have him just to fill in while we're waiting for JO.

    We're one twisted Hulk ankle away from seeing Granger spend time at Center.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. #15
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,967

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to have him just to fill in while we're waiting for JO.

    We're one twisted Hulk ankle away from seeing Granger spend time at Center.
    With Peja at PF and Gill at SF. See, you think this isn't all by design?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Peja at PF and Gill at SF. See, you think this isn't all by design?
    Look, man, you keep trotting that line out and I'm tired of it. It's much more likely that Gill would play the 2 and Freddy would play the three.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,348

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    There mu$t be a rea$on that TPTB don't get u$ $ome fill in help to take $ome pre$$ure off the remaining big$ while our injury depleted ro$ter heal$. Otherwi$e, we ri$k playing player$ into the ground and having an EXTREMELY bare cupboard if $omeone else goe$ down.

    I have no idea why TPTB don't addre$$ thi$. I just can't figure what their rea$oning might be. It doe$n't make $en$e to thi$ commoner.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  18. #18

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    You know you're injured when you're begging for Fizer to be signed.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfanbmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know you're injured when you're begging for Fizer to be signed.
    Yeah, but if Scot Pollard stays hurt and either Jeff Foster or David Harrison gets hurt, Granger becomes the PF/backup C with Peja as his backup PF.

    That's not something I'm comfortable with right now.

    If I thought Cro would come back at all and if I thought JO would be ready in a week or two I'd say "why bother" but we are talking about a 10-day contract here for a bit-minutes only-in-case-of-injury guy.

  20. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if I thought JO would be ready in a week or two I'd say "why bother"
    JO is due back sometime this week; perhaps next at the latest now.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Please sign Fizer now!

    That's what Jermaine says. Players always want to come back early, and since the rumor last week was that he might sit out the rest of the regular season, I am worried.

    I also would like more depth in the admittedly unlikely event that we are involved in a blowout win against a bad team (chuckle, chuckle) or even a blowout loss, we can put someone out there in the 4th quarter other than Eddie Gill who is, shall we say, "expendable".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •