Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs Celtics postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers vs Celtics postgame thread

Funny how Tinsley becomes the only culprit. David played like garbage again..Stephen played how he always does.

Our only 3 bright spots for the game were Jeff, Granger, and Peja. It's unfortunate Granger got into foul trouble. I think the #1 options in our offense should be Peja and Granger. Fred Jones should also be relegated to the starter. I could care less if Stephen plays better defense or matches up better or has a post game. The guy is simply bad as the starter. Tinsley played disgustingly as well. Bad game all around with the exception of Granger and Peja...As usual almost.

Can someone help me, i have a problem? After 2nd quarter my face now looks like this...

What shall i do?

Has Harrison's slide exactly coincided with Sarunas' demotion? It sure seems that way. Sarunas fed the big man in a position to score and use his assets. And he added an unselfish player to the floor. Something we sorely lack. That and mental toughness...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree, Tinsley has to know hes a terrible shooter and always has been,
    hes at his best when he's penetrating and creating oppurtunities for people
    who can actually shoot the damn rock, we all know this.

Stephen Jackson.... Im fed up, im not saying that this game was really more his fault than anyone else but im just sick and tired of his miserable shooting
    performances game after game. Hes a turnover machine, flaps his gums to the refs all damn game, not a particularly good passer, and i really do believe he is more of an asset to the other team than he is to us. Hell even Phil Jackson came out and said as much after our game with the lakers. I really do believe we'll be a MUCH better team when he is gone and im gonna be dancing in the streets the day he is.

ghost

Quote Originally Posted by #31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone help me, i have a problem? After 2nd quarter my face now looks like this...

What shall i do?

We took 19 three pointers, making only 5. Boston took only 8 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Funny Moses, where did I say he was the only one at fault.

Its just lately everyone has been jumping on RC for not playing him down the stretch, I dont want to hear a peep of that tonight.
    I knock Rick (or whoever) is responsible for ISO's/players going solo at the end of games/quarters.

How predictable to see Freddie stripped clean at the end of the 3rd. A play once again where the Predictable Pacers reared their ugly heads and made life easy for the opposition to play defense.

Did ANYONE not watching the game not know what was going to happen. Did anyone expect a pass once Freddie had the ball then?

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

RC and his little personal vendetta with saras is also starting to annoy me, give the guy some minutes, you made your point you mule

I didnt see a vendetta, Runi just wasnt getting the job done
    Yes - it's only a speculation, but it's hard not to see a vendetta if we take into account JAX or Tins (couple of games) on ~15-25% shooting.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Mood

It was truely sad to watch after the first quarter the Pacers hit 16 of 24 shots and even better have 13 assist passing the ball around. From that point on the hit 16 of 56 and rack up 8 assist.

Early in the game Peja hits 3 of 4 shots then goes to the bench with 3 1/2 left in the 1st quarter . Comes in early in the 2nd quarter hits a 3pointer and is taken out. Someone please explain that logic???

As I watched the Pacers lead only 36-24 after the first the game was eerily similar to the Kings 36-20 lead after one on Friday.

All those Jermaine bashers perhaps are having second thoughts about needing him???

Its only 1 game I know but seeing the Pacers 0-8 vs the Hawks , Celtics and Raptors is rough to take, in addition to loses to the Bulls, Knicks and Bobcats.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Maybe we should play Tinsley at SG then and see what happens to his FG% ...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Maybe we should play Tinsley at SG then and see what happens to his FG% ...
    Classic.

Jax? Yes. Granted Fred was hurt, but I would still like his minutes cut.

Mel-Mel? No way. The second he starts to turn into Jamaal Iverson he is pulled for AJ.

Sorry, no vendetta at all. Just a player who didnt work out at the point which he wanted, or the 2 which was the only available position.
    I've already do not remember when Jax had the last good game. He's still playing his minutes and shooting his shots no matter what. Tins is having his next 2/3-12 shooting night, but I doubt, he would be benched. Not talking about David issue. RC not playing Saras in these circumstances, for me - it's like a coach wants to give a lesson for Saras (or a vendetta).
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

I'm more concerned about Jamaal's defense today. To be good defensively, you can't play off the ball, especially against a team like Boston, like we did today.

Sorry, no vendetta at all. Just a player who didnt work out at the point which he wanted, or the 2 which was the only available position.
    I wouldnt write him off quite yet, its still his rookie year even if he is 82 years old. He's got to get acclimated to the speed and tempo of the game and everything else that goes with the NBA. Its not as if the guy has been THAT awful either, his +/- numbers are good, his 3pt % is good, we all know him and peja are the best pure shooters on the team. The mule has given him how many dnp's because he didnt handle wanting to play the sg very well ??
    Carlisle is the stubborn one here im sorry, saras best asset is being the floor general and getting other people involved, not scoring and spot up shooting. why does RC have to tinker with everything so damn much, hes a PG thats it, no more, hes never gonna be an NBA 2 guard why even waste time experimenting with it. I really dont see how saras play was so terrible that it warranted however many Dnp's he's recieved in a row now

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Has Harrison's slide exactly coincided with Sarunas' demotion? It sure seems that way. Sarunas fed the big man in a position to score and use his assets. And he added an unselfish player to the floor. Something we sorely lack. That and mental toughness...

-Bball
    I always thought them 2 worked well together.

molten

please enlighten me - is there any championship caliber player that has come out of NYC's playgrounds? all I keep hearing is how the kid's tough cuz he played real tough street ball and can dribble the ball between his legs... but more importantly, has he ever won anything (be it Pacers' 3rd string point guard Tinsley or anyone else)?

SOS is all I have to say. Same Old Sh!!!T

Score tons of points on layups and wide open jumpers by moving the ball....Then revert to selfish ISO plays trying to make plays by yourself while everyone stands around and watches?!!

And as I've said before, you can't maintain a lead that way (ISO Crap) as you noticed the reffing started to suck once we got the lead because they ignore fouls on the team that is behind....WHICH IS WHY YOU NEED TO KEEP MOVING THE BALL FOR EASY SHOTS BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET THE CALL!!

NBA players are just plain stupid and selfish. Tinsley was at the top of the list tonight.....his "contests" with every other point guard are childish.

If I'm the coach, I bench the first person who runs an isolation play. And if another one shows up, bench him too! Bench em' all.

How we can beat teams like Miami, Detroit and numerous others and continue to lose to the cellar dwellars is unbelievable and unforgiveable. This team is about as immature as they come.................and other than Granger and Foster, not even worth our time.

Water

The Pacers lost today for one reason. DEFENSE. It was horrible. There were so many mental mistakes out there it was unbelievable. Guys were in the wrong place, not following the game plan. Disgusting. The whole game the defense stunk, even the 1st quarter.

If the Pacers players think they can beat any team in the NBA with this type of defensive performance, they are delusional.

Watching the game today, I was thinking, "how good is Delonte West" I've never really paid much attention to him until today and I must say I was impressed. He is a great athlete, a good shooter, a really good defender, perhaos he's not a classic playmaker, but he's a pretty darn good point guard.

I do want to ask a question. Why can't Harrison score on anyone in the low post. He seems to be having trouble jumping, and he just can't score down there. I don't have any answers. But I see a big problem here.

Edit: OK, I just went back and read this whole thread. STOP BLAIMING THE OFFENSE. It was the defense that was horrible today. Wasn't it obvious.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

We must be the only team in the NBA with a .50+ record that has lost to teams with losing records more than anybody else. This is just sad.

Seriously, what is the problem with this team? Is it Rick? Is it Jermaine not being there? Team chemistry? One night, we look like a team that is capable of making it to the ECF's. And then the next night, we look like a team that just came straight out of the D-LEAGUE.

Eh.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by waterjater
    SOS is all I have to say. Same Old Sh!!!T

Score tons of points on layups and wide open jumpers by moving the ball....Then revert to selfish ISO plays trying to make plays by yourself while everyone stands around and watches?!!

And as I've said before, you can't maintain a lead that way (ISO Crap) as you noticed the reffing started to suck once we got the lead because they ignore fouls on the team that is behind....WHICH IS WHY YOU NEED TO KEEP MOVING THE BALL FOR EASY SHOTS BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET THE CALL!!

NBA players are just plain stupid and selfish. Tinsley was at the top of the list tonight.....his "contests" with every other point guard are childish.

If I'm the coach, I bench the first person who runs an isolation play. And if another one shows up, bench him too! Bench em' all.

How we can beat teams like Miami, Detroit and numerous others and continue to lose to the cellar dwellars is unbelievable and unforgiveable. This team is about as immature as they come.................and other than Granger and Foster, not even worth our time.

Water

What if the coach wants the ISO/one on one stuff? What if this is all simply a matter of the coach having more time to familiarize Peja with our plays and also paving the way for JO's return where Carlisle can be at his most comfortable... feeding the post and letting JO go to work.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Defense anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Defense anyone?
    Defense was horrid, Uncle Buck.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    What if the coach wants the ISO/one on one stuff? What if this is all simply a matter of the coach having more time to familiarize Peja with our plays and also paving the way for JO's return where Carlisle can be at his most comfortable... feeding the post and letting JO go to work.

-Bball
    Then I'm terrified of the team we will become. Continual flame outs. Good news is I'll gain several hours of my life back per week.

Water