Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official post-game thread: Kings @ Pacers 03/17/06

Default Official post-game thread: Kings @ Pacers 03/17/06

I don't have much to say, other than "Great win!" and "I love Granger!"

Can't wait for people to start coming home from the game.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: A semi-official post-game thread

Who loves Tinsley? I LOVE TINSLEY

Ohh and the Crowd, IT WAS AMAZING. I loved the crowd tonight. Pumped the team up alot on the comeback.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Great moral victory tonight! With Danny and Peja we're definitely set at the SF spot.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Great team effort. Granger & Tins excellent games. Despite the early deficit I had a feeling we'd win. Just didn't think we'd let Ron-Ron show us up on the home court. Think SAC may have fallen into a bit of a trap by such sizzling early shooting (over 70% 1st quarter).

Patiently waiting for the people that want to trade Tinsley in the offseason to arrive and say we can get a better pg...

Let's not forget Fosters agressiveness on the boards.

An all around fantastic win tonight. Tinsley played excellent as did Peja and Granger. This come from behind win has me optimistic about the future. I also hope that this somewhat diminishes all the hate people have for Tinsley. It's clear who the better PG is but let's not downplay AJ's performance tonight. He had 9 assists and a 1-2 punch of Tinsley and AJ is pretty lethal. AJ will give us a spark off the bench once Tinsley returns as the starter.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Danny Granger is the man. After that flagrant foul, he just took over with his sweet jump shot. Its like you get the feeling that when he shoots the ball, its gonna go in. Oh, and he also had 2 blocks and 2 steals.

This kid............hasnt even reached his full potential.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PEJA = 1
    RON. = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Patiently waiting for the people that want to trade Tinsley in the offseason to arrive and say we can get a better pg...
    If we can get a better PG*, I'd be fine with trading Tinsley in the offseason.

Definitely a good game tonight though.

*This does not include AJ or Saras, or even anyone near that level.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Granger has the heart of a champion, and a jumper to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball Kid
    Danny Granger is the man. After that flagrant foul, he just took over with his sweet jump shot. Its like you get the feeling that when he shoots the ball, its gonna go in. Oh, and he also had 2 blocks and 2 steals.

This kid............hasnt even reached his full potential.
    Definitely. At this point I'm convinced that he's going to be at least as good as Tayshaun Prince. I'm expecting him to eventually be better than Prince, of course.

yeeee friggin' ha. After the last few heartbreakers, it's nice to have one flip our way. Even nicer to do it against the Kings.

Go Peja, Go Granger!
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Indy beats Sacto -- WOOT!!!

Man, that felt GOOD!

First - an open apology to Tinsley. I didn't think he would work well in the new offense. I didn't think he would be 100% for a while. I didn't think he would deserve to start. I was wrong on all accounts. I hate it when that happens.

Second - Artest. I hope the kings fans were paying attention. This is the Artest you traded for, like it or not.

Third - The Harrison regression. Somebody please talk to that guy again about complaining to the refs.

Last - the player of the game, the real savior of our season - Danny Granger. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that he would be this good this early in his career. Thank you for demanding a trade, Ron. Seriously, If you hadn't done that, well, I don't even want to think about how much good basketball I would have missed.

GREAT GAME, good win!

WOOT!!!

I love Tins TONIGHT! Now, if he can maintain that level of play the rest of the year and playoffs sans injury then I will be more than willing to change my current assessment of him. I don't dislike his ability, but you can't argue with lack of production whether it be due to injury or something else.

a few things I liked were...

Tinsley in at crunch time.

Jackson on the bench for a long breather till about the 6min mark in the 4th. Ever think maybe the reason he misses all those shots at crunch time is he is really tired?

Danny Granger took this game personally, he is something else. Is he going to be our best player? full balls

and for all the Runi fanbwois... Runi on the bench

I could tell Ron wanted to win so bad, too much so. It was reminscent of a pistons playoff game where he kept trying to do it all himself. Not one of his better 2nd halfs.

Great entertaining game

To be fair - bibby can't guard my computer chair and it is missing a wheel
    Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores!

GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Bonzi is a punk.....

2. Granger was awsome...Ron who????

3. Tinsley needs more minutes... great to see him finish the game.

4. Pollard looked really cool with his Roy Orbison look...

5. Oh and Peja rocks...

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Didn't see this rolling when I put mine up. Admins, feel free to merge.

Ohh and not to be forgoten Jack, big props to Jack. Even though Ron probably got him by like 50 pounds, Jack was in the paint guarding Ron strong, and he rebounded the ball very well tonight.

He made 3 big buckets when we went down 6 in the 4th. He didnt force it tonight and when Ron was on him he didnt try to shoot at all always looking to make the pass. Big ups Jack.

I think that if I were the type of guy who named one particular Pacer "my favorite Pacer", it'd be Danny Granger.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck

Jackson on the bench for a long breather till about the 6min mark in the 4th. Ever think maybe the reason he misses all those shots at crunch time is he is really tired?
    Was it just me or did Jack seem to be more judicious about just hoisting whenever when he was in down the stretch? He hit a couple important shots and I only recall one miss late.

Early he was trying to get going, but late I thought he didn't seem to force as much as usual. Plus he did some other things passing and rebounding to contribute. Also, interesting that SAC elected to start the game with Artest on him and not Peja.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Official post-game thread: Kings @ Pacers 03/17/06

When Rick sets Harrison up in the Jermaine role ie: pound it inside to him and let him go to work Harrison is not effective (yet) When he just has David in there to clog the lane get rebounds and let the pg's get him open dunks when they see he is open he is extremely effective.

Can we never see AJ in the last few minutes of a close game? edit: at pg I am fine with him in at sg

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE
    Was it just me or did Jack seem to be more judicious about just hoisting whenever when he was in down the stretch? He hit a couple important shots and I only recall one miss late.

Early he was trying to get going, but late I thought he didn't seem to force as much as usual. Plus he did some other things passing and rebounding to contribute. Also, interesting that SAC elected to start the game with Artest on him and not Peja.
    From what I've seen watching Jackson, he shoots really well early. He fades late, and they are usually short.

I remember showing up to a game last year 2 hours early, and he was out there working his 3pt shot. I watched him hit about 25 in a row.

I think if he could get a good rest at the start of the 4th till about halfway through... like they used to do with Reggie Miller, he would be much more effective at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Granger has the heart of a champion, and a jumper to boot.
    I am hoping that Granger becomes the heart of the Pacers like Reggie was. What a great game he had and if his play this season thus far is any indication of his entire career, I only hope he decides that Indianapolis is the place he wants to be. Count me in as indefinitely in the Danny Granger fan club.

Can he stay healthy