Thread: JO to Golden State?

Default JO to Golden State?

With the talk of Golden State being interested in trading for JO, what do people think of this possible trade scenario?

Outgoing
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.0 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 26.7 minutes

Incoming
    Baron Davis
    6-3 PG from UCLA
    17.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 8.9 apg in 36.6 minutes
    Ike Diogu
    6-8 PF from Arizona State
    6.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.7 minutes
    Mickael Pietrus
    6-6 SG from France (Foreign)
    9.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.7 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +4.7 ppg, -1.8 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Baron Davis
    6-3 PG from UCLA
    17.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 8.9 apg in 36.6 minutes
    Ike Diogu
    6.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.7 minutes
    Mickael Pietrus
    6-6 SG from France (Foreign)
    9.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.7 minutes

Incoming
    Jermaine O'Neal
    20.0 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 26.7 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -4.7 ppg, +1.8 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and Golden State being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Golden State had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------

JO and Tinsley for Davis, Diogu and Pietrus (who we could then sign to an extension and let Freddie go in free agency) might be a reasonable deal, assuming a KG deal isn't going to happen.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

sweabs

Default Re: JO to Golden State?

I Diogu.

AH! BARON DAVIS!

I need a keg.

I'm not a big fan of Baron Davis. He's like Tinsley in that he's injury prone. Sure, he's a better scorer than Tinsley, but he also makes a lot more money than Tinsley. I wouldn't want that much money sitting injured on the bench for 20+ games a season. I guess you could say the same about Jermaine, but at least he's a post presence.

I like getting Ike and Pietrus, but I'd look for better offers than this. But if Jermaine demanded a trade and only wanted to go to Golden State, this isn't the worst offer they could give us.

I agree with whoever said in the other thread we'd have to insist JRich if we send JO there. I'm sure they wouldn't be too hot on that deal. I just can't see Baron Davis working out here. Not to mention the aforementioned injury issues of his own.

Davis wouldn't fit in here, but Petrius would be great if we could snag him up some how.

Following your train of thought, check out this article. You could have just as easily substituted the names of our players and they could have been talking about us. Mullin seems to be looking to make changes. Bird looks to be making changes. Both have chemistry issues. Makes you think, huh? I just don't see any trade that really does anything between the two of us.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...s/14385494.htm

Losing season guarantees changes

Warriors fall to 34-48, the same record they finished with last year

By Marcus Thompson II

CONTRA COSTA TIMES

SALT LAKE CITY - The writing is on the wall, as clear as ketchup on white slacks.
    Nobody knows who it will be. Nobody knows how many it will be. But most figure there will be changes.
    "I would be surprised if this whole team came back intact," said Warriors forward Mike Dunleavy, who would be one of the hardest to trade among the six players signed to long-term contracts. "If I stand here and say I think it's going to be the same team, I'd be lying. There's probably going to be some changes. Whoever that might be, that's the way it goes."
    It is entirely likely that Wednesday's 105-102 season-ending loss to the Utah Jazz at the Delta Center marked the end of the era for the current roster.
    Technically, the end of the run had came and went as the whole crew hadn't played together since March. Guard Jason Richardson (sore right knee), point guard Baron Davis (sprained right ankle) and swingman Mickael Pietrus (strained right groin) did not make the trip. Forward Zarko Cabarkapa (sore lower back) made the trip but did not play. Forward Troy Murphy got his first DNP-coach's decision of his career.
    They may not play together again. Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin is frustrated at the underachievement that was the 2005-06 campaign -- the Warriors finished 34-48, the same mark as last season -- and vowed to fix the problems.
    "The real question for me, and the thing I'm going to answer in the near future, will be how they complement each other and how they win together," Mullin said before Monday's home finale. "I don't think anyone, I know I don't, feel like we lack talent. But how that talent plays together and hopefully wins together is my job to fix because this year did not go the way I wanted it to. That's on me. There's no place else to look but right here. And that will be addressed right here ... in the near future."
    The Warriors head off into the offseason with significant uncertainty looming. Who won't be returning next season? Will it be Dunleavy, the former No. 3 overall pick who was supposed to lift the Warriors to a new level? Will it be Murphy, a staple on the Warriors frontline the last five seasons? Will it be Adonal Foyle, whose nine seasons with the Warriors are the most since Mullin did 12 by the Bay?
    Mullin said he wanted to get more athletic, in particular on the frontline.
    Will it be Pietrus, the Warriors' supremely athletic swingman who has yet to sufficiently manifest his potential? Will it be one of the impressive rookies, Monta Ellis or Ike Diogu?
    It won't be coach Mike Montgomery, who said he is prepared to coach the same group of guys next season.
    "Right now that's talk," Montgomery, who Mullin assured will be back next season, said before Wednesday's game. "Rather than make too much of a (big) deal out of that, let's just wait and see what happens. I cannot honestly tell you what's going to happen. But, at the same time, I don't think you can be so naive to sit there and say this is all great and this all worked. I think you've got to keep your eyes open. I think you have to just do a real honest assessment of where you are, what guys can do and what they can't do relative to this basketball team and each other."
    The Warriors locker room is a bunch of nice guys, all of whom seem to get along fairly well. Save for Davis, the key players on the roster have been together for at least a couple years, the remnants of an overhaul by the new regime.
    But even the players, including Richardson, said changes were needed. A few said another overhaul wasn't necessary, but the Warriors roster needs an upgrade. The fact is, they didn't get it done, and they know what that means.
    "That's where you see where the business comes in," Diogu said after totaling 20 points and 11 rebounds in 36 minutes before fouling out. "It's not just about playing. The name of the game is to win, and if you don't win, they'll bring somebody else in who will."
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

OK, how about this alternate IND/GSW trade:

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
    Jermaine O'Neal
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes

Incoming
    Jason Richardson
    6-6 SG from Michigan State
    23.2 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.1 apg in 38.4 minutes
    Ike Diogu
    7.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15.0 minutes

Change in team outlook: +10.1 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Golden State Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
    Jason Richardson
    6-6 SG from Michigan State
    23.2 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.1 apg in 38.4 minutes
    Ike Diogu
    7.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15.0 minutes

Incoming
    Jermaine O'Neal
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes

Change in team outlook: -10.1 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

-----------------------------

After JRich's BYC status expires this summer, I think the numbers would work (although GS might have to throw in one more player, most likely Zarko or Biedrins, not Pietrus as that would leave them too thin at SG).

What GS would do with Murphy after this, though, I don't know. I'm not sure a JO trade to GS is realistic unless either 1) we take back Murphy or Foyle, neither of which is appealing, or 2) GS trades on of those guys in a separate deal.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I Diogu.
    He aint that good, and a 6-7 PF is way too small. He cant do much in the post because of his size.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    He aint that good, and a 6-7 PF is way too small. He cant do much in the post because of his size.
    Not too big of a surprise, but the Canadian TV stations got caught up in the Golden State hype concluding last year and decided to slot in a bunch of time slots for them this year. I probably saw as many Golden State games as I saw Pacer games this year, unfortunately.

Anyway, towards the end of the regular season especially as he got more playing time, I saw some great potential in him. I don't care if he's 6'7 and plays the power forward spot. Have you seen that boy's wingspan?! It's absolutely insane. Hell, Ben Wallace is only 6'9 and plays centre...so none of that size stuff really matters as long as you can play big. And Ike plays huge. His wingspan, his jumping ability, and his wide body all allow him to play a physical style underneath the net and not get overshadowed by physically taller players.

Ben Wallace happens to be the best defender in the NBA, who can guard players from Shaq to KG. Ike Diogu cant guard Darko. Go look at some Warriors forums about what they think none of them like that he is 6-7 and dont think he will be that great because of it. Most of them are very pissed they didnt trade him for Ron.

Ohh and Baron Davis in the first trade? You people ***** about Tinsley being hurt and not playing and you want Baron Davis, not only is Baron Davis more injury prone then Tins, he is always out of shape and weighs alot more then Tins. Some also say he is a cancer.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Ben Wallace happens to be the best defender in the NBA, who can guard players from Shaq to KG. Ike Diogu cant guard Darko. Go look at some Warriors forums about what they think none of them like that he is 6-7 and dont think he will be that great because of it. Most of them are very pissed they didnt trade him for Ron.
    That's fine if they think that. I've seen what I've seen, and I'm saying that I like him.

By the way, not trying to compare him to Ben Wallace in any shape or form except for the fact that they're both undersized for the positions they play. But do you honestly think Ben Wallace was seen as a great defender in his first few years in the league? Where he was averaging one or two points and a couple rebounds?

All I'm saying is that I see potential in Diogu. NOT potential to be like a Ben Wallace - type player, but potential to still have an effect underneath the basket despite his 6'7 height.

He will never be Jermaine O'Neal good thats all I know.

I love JRich though easily my favorite non Pacer, and the most underrated player in the NBA.