Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm fed up with Stephen Jackson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm fed up with Stephen Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow, a increase in trolling tonight.

Sad that people can get such a strong reaction just from a coach not playing a favorite player and a pointless streak.

As for Jax, like UB I will give him a pass tonight. He was hurting yesterday, and today he just didnt look right.
    It's not as much an increase in quantity as an increase in intensity.

But, yeah, the whole 60-game streak thing gave me quite a chuckle. Preferring a player to get injured in garbage time to keep a meaningless streak alive, one which the player himself probably doesn't even give a damn about? Wow.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Methinks you just have a penchant for guards who shoot 40%.
    har har ....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    I don't think so. I think if you look at how tightly Rick is wound up it's hard for any of the Pacers to have a free for all on shooting, but yeah, Jack is Jacking them up from everywhere. That's not what Jackson needs imo. He needs a west coast offense and come off the bench. He won't ever get 30 a game, but he could put up a solid 15 ppg if he came in off the bench where his mission was to bomb them in from deep. In fact, his best FG% was his second year in SA when he put up 28 mpg.
    OK, so Jax isn't a starting quality player. I think I agree.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I don't think so. I think if you look at how tightly Rick is wound up it's hard for any of the Pacers to have a free for all on shooting, but yeah, Jack is Jacking them up from everywhere. That's not what Jackson needs imo. He needs a west coast offense and come off the bench. He won't ever get 30 a game, but he could put up a solid 15 ppg if he came in off the bench where his mission was to bomb them in from deep. In fact, his best FG% was his second year in SA when he put up 28 mpg.
    So, we should move Jack to the bench and start Fred?

And EVERYBODY'S stats improve in a "west coast offense." Including those of the opposing team.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    NO!!!!

Gosh Shade, did you not see my previous post.

We trade him.

For Timmy D and Tony P.
    No, they wouldn't do that unless we throw in Gill. No deal. We need to fill those 40 seconds per game or we're screwed.

Besides, maybe it would be better to start Runi at the 2. Or so I'm told. My head hurts.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    OK, so Jax isn't a starting quality player. I think I agree.
    Thanks for atleast taking the time to read the comment and state your opinion without any unnecessary barbs thrown in. It's a nice reprieve from the standard MO around these parts!!

This place could use a few more like you!

As for Jackson. I like him, but like any player, they have to be utilized in a certain way in order for them to be productive and meet their potential. Jackson isn't happy with himself right now, and neither are a great deal of fans. However, if he were used the right way, even in Rick's system, I think he'd be better for it.

Thanks for atleast taking the time to read the comment and state your opinion without any unnecessary barbs thrown in. It's a nice reprieve from the standard MO around these parts!!

This place could use a few more like you!

As for Jackson. I like him, but like any player, they have to be utilized in a certain way in order for them to be productive and meet their potential. Jackson isn't happy with himself right now, and neither are a great deal of fans. However, if he were used the right way, even in Rick's system, I think he'd be better for it.
    Barbs, eh?

Who's better? Runi or Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Barbs, eh?

Who's better? Runi or Hulk?

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE
    I will reiterate about Jack that TPTB had to know what they were getting with him as far as his streaky scorer modus operandi. I mean I was aware what type of player he was. Unfortunately, he's been thrust into a position where that is front and center. I don't know the status of his sitting the second half. Any info on that? I suspect it was injury-related. Anyway, he appeared to be highly vocal encouraging the team down the stretch. This is what I find redeeming amongst his drawbacks. I honestly think he really plays hard and is generally well received by his teammates. In a sixth man or 3rd or 4th option role, assuming he'd go along with it, he would likely be much more tolerable to the general PD populace. How feasible is it we can move him? And for something of value to us?
    D-Bone, I'd read more of your posts if you added the paragraph weapon to your arsenal. For instance:

I will reiterate about Jack that TPTB had to know what they were getting with him as far as his streaky scorer modus operandi. I mean I was aware what type of player he was. Unfortunately, he's been thrust into a position where that is front and center.

I don't know the status of his sitting the second half. Any info on that? I suspect it was injury-related.

Anyway, he appeared to be highly vocal encouraging the team down the stretch. This is what I find redeeming amongst his drawbacks. I honestly think he really plays hard and is generally well received by his teammates.

In a sixth man or 3rd or 4th option role, assuming he'd go along with it, he would likely be much more tolerable to the general PD populace. How feasible is it we can move him? And for something of value to us?

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    D-Bone, I'd read more of your posts if you added the paragraph weapon to your arsenal. For instance:

I will reiterate about Jack that TPTB had to know what they were getting with him as far as his streaky scorer modus operandi. I mean I was aware what type of player he was. Unfortunately, he's been thrust into a position where that is front and center.

I don't know the status of his sitting the second half. Any info on that? I suspect it was injury-related.

Anyway, he appeared to be highly vocal encouraging the team down the stretch. This is what I find redeeming amongst his drawbacks. I honestly think he really plays hard and is generally well received by his teammates.

In a sixth man or 3rd or 4th option role, assuming he'd go along with it, he would likely be much more tolerable to the general PD populace. How feasible is it we can move him? And for something of value to us?
    Amen.

D-Bone, I'd read more of your posts if you added the paragraph weapon to your arsenal.
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the good advice. I will try to comply with your request assuming I can remember to be vigilant. I realize this is just arguing semantics, but what I write I refer to as a paragraph. What you ask me to write I refer to as bullet points. Of course, it is really of no consequence since what you can look forward to will be, most importantly, text much more gentle on the ol peepers!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the good advice. I will try to comply with your request assuming I can remember to be vigilant. I realize this is just arguing semantics, but what I write I refer to as a paragraph. What you ask me to write I refer to as bullet points. Of course, it is really of no consequence since what you can look forward to will be, most importantly, text much more gentle on the ol peepers!
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the good advice.

I will try to comply with your request assuming I can remember to be vigilant.

I realize this is just arguing semantics, but what I write I refer to as a paragraph. What you ask me to write I refer to as bullet points.

Of course, it is really of no consequence since what you can look forward to will be, most importantly, text much more gentle on the ol peepers!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist, D-Bone. I really do appreciate the content of your posts.)

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the good advice.

I will try to comply with your request assuming I can remember to be vigilant.

I realize this is just arguing semantics, but what I write I refer to as a paragraph. What you ask me to write I refer to as bullet points.

Of course, it is really of no consequence since what you can look forward to will be, most importantly, text much more gentle on the ol peepers!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist, D-Bone. I really do appreciate the content of your posts.)

McKeyFan,

No way! This is good. I was actually at the point of doing that in another post immediately after just to be funny except I was tired and my internet connection seemed suddenly painstakingly slow. So I finally gave up the ghost. Great minds think alike?