Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Another question for Mark Boyle

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Another question for Mark Boyle

    Mr. Boyle

    I hope you're able to give us your thougths on this but if you're not, I completely understand.

    What would you say is the "mood" of this team?

    Are they happy with each other?, with the style of play?, the coach?

    Are there any signs they're coming together like some Pacer teams have done in the past or is there still some weeds in the garden?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Jose,

    Fair question. But if I were to respond, that would eliminate the need to debate and speculate, and I wouldn't want to deprive those on the board the opportunity to engage in a practice that everyone seems to so thoroughly enjoy.

    Besides, what's life without a little mystery and intrigue?

    MJB

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jose,

    Fair question. But if I were to respond, that would eliminate the need to debate and speculate, and I wouldn't want to deprive those on the board the opportunity to engage in a practice that everyone seems to so thoroughly enjoy.

    Besides, what's life without a little mystery and intrigue?

    MJB
    That is the most evil response in PD history. EVER.

    Props.

  4. #4
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Classic Post by Mr. Boyle. Thanks for keeping it interesting around here!

  5. #5
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    *Waves stick angrily at Mark*


  6. #6

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jose,

    Fair question. But if I were to respond, that would eliminate the need to debate and speculate, and I wouldn't want to deprive those on the board the opportunity to engage in a practice that everyone seems to so thoroughly enjoy.

    Besides, what's life without a little mystery and intrigue?

    MJB
    So what you're saying then is that you don't know.

  7. #7
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jose,

    Fair question. But if I were to respond, that would eliminate the need to debate and speculate, and I wouldn't want to deprive those on the board the opportunity to engage in a practice that everyone seems to so thoroughly enjoy.

    Besides, what's life without a little mystery and intrigue?

    MJB
    I don't have that need/urge to debate and speculate.

    And I don't really enjoy that practice you're talking about that much.

    Besides, mystery and intrigue are so overrated.

    Therefore you can PM me your response.


  8. #8
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Mark,

    My only request is that if you notice the Pacers giving away leads in the 4th quarter by walking it up after building the lead by running, please politely ask Rick to sit down and be quiet.

    Thanks.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  9. #9
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark,

    My only request is that if you notice the Pacers giving away leads in the 4th quarter by walking it up after building the lead by running, please politely ask Rick to sit down and be quiet.

    Thanks.
    Ditto.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    How about this........

    Just before the 2nd half, when the officals are at the scorers table. Lean over to Slick & say in your loudest Reb Porter type voice....

    I can't believe Carlise called, "insert officals name here" a slimy ****head!

    Repeat this as often as you can until one of them hears you. Stand up & cup your hands over your mouth if you must.

    It'll be difficult for Carlise to call plays from the locker room, I hope anyway.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    If the mood was great and everyone was happy and getting along I'm pretty sure he'd say so. I take his coy response to mean that it ISN'T great and everyone is NOT happy.

  12. #12
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,639

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what you're saying then is that you don't know.
    touche'

  13. #13
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,961

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark,

    My only request is that if you notice the Pacers giving away leads in the 4th quarter by walking it up after building the lead by running, please politely ask Rick to sit down and be quiet.

    Thanks.
    Hey, you had your chance to run over and slap him at the Knicks game. Sure, you would have had to climb over Chad Forcier, but how hard could that be?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  14. #14
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be difficult for Carlise to call plays from the locker room, I hope anyway.
    That is true, but it is impossible for Mike Brown to call plays from Cleveland.

  15. #15
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the mood was great and everyone was happy and getting along I'm pretty sure he'd say so. I take his coy response to mean that it ISN'T great and everyone is NOT happy.
    I tend to favor this theory.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  16. #16

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the mood was great and everyone was happy and getting along I'm pretty sure he'd say so. I take his coy response to mean that it ISN'T great and everyone is NOT happy.
    There is no need to refer to Boyle words. It's obvious, that the "mood" isn't great and that not many are happy this moment. And, btw, I think this is related to the return of Tinsley (alhtough I like him better than AJ). Different linups, different rotations and so on...
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

  17. #17

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    i don't know, it seems like a kind of question that would not get a serious response. i mean really, it is just like if you went to a resturaunt and asked the owner how they made their special sauce for some dish. do you really expect them to tell you?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    I took Mr. Boyle's responce to mean that it would be better if he remained out of this debate.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Jose,

    If I EVER see my name in the same sentence with Reb Porter's in future communiques, you will see Jimmy Hoffa posting here before you see me again.

    Cordially,
    MJB

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I took Mr. Boyle's responce to mean that it would be better if he remained out of this debate.
    I didn't take the question to be one that would invite debate. Just a little insight.

  21. #21
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    I think there is a LOT of uncertainty hanging over the team corresponding with the approaching summer. I'm not saying the team is going to be changed wholescale, but I could understand several athletes beying worried about it which might result in a little more competing against the direct "opponents" playing close to the same role on the same team, combined with obviously missing JO which makes us much less potent inside, which means losses, because other teams aren't going to be standing still and will be reacting to the way we play with countermoves (in other words they have figured us out).

    Offcourse, repeatedly losing large leads in the 3rd and 4th quarter is bound to be not-so-well for team morale and team chemistry.

    Either way, I think I will have to aggree on Roy Munson's take on this, when he wrote: "If the mood was great and everyone was happy and getting along I'm pretty sure he'd say so. I take his coy response to mean that it ISN'T great and everyone is NOT happy".

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  22. #22
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,129

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Now we can speculate on why Mr Boyle side-stepped the answer. ....Or should we speculate on why he invoked Jimmy Hoffa's name? What does he know? He (MJB) did work on the East Coast IIRC.

    Is there a connection between Jimmy Hoffa, Reb Porter and the Pacers? Have we been given a hint?



    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  23. #23
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    I think mboyle1313 was just feeling a bit evil.

    That was just an amazing answer.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  24. #24
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jose,

    If I EVER see my name in the same sentence with Reb Porter's in future communiques, you will see Jimmy Hoffa posting here before you see me again.

    Cordially,
    MJB
    Who is Jimmy Hoffa? Can he play center? Is he available on a 10-day contract?





























    No, I'm not really that stupid. Thanks for having faith in me, though.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Another question for Mark Boyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is Jimmy Hoffa? Can he play center? Is he available on a 10-day contract?
    No, He's a PG, and we've already signed him to a contract.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •